Home: Breed Specific: Utility Group:
Grooming Miniature Schnuazer

robee
Dog Kichi

Dec 6, 2002, 8:49 AM

Post #1 of 14 (5286 views)
Shortcut
Grooming Miniature Schnuazer Can't Post

Hi all, I get to noe of this forum just today from a MS owner in Malaysia. My name is Veron. Nice to noe all schnauzers owners:)

I do groom my own pet dogs. Will like to share with you my work and hope for some comments and advices..... Robee is a stripped MS.....

I cant see

this hairstyle SUXS!

Finali done

My side view.. see my sloppin topline! buy dog mst buy even topline hee hee

Sleep a bit

Look at those eye brows!

Mummi and mi

Thanks for viewin :D. I noe many groom their own dogs... wanna share oso
Wht's better than two miniature schnauzer? Three miniature schnauzers!

Khoobg
Webmaster

Dec 6, 2002, 5:48 PM

Post #2 of 14 (5271 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robee] Grooming Miniature Schnuazer [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Robee,

Welcome to the forum. There is a related thread on Grooming of Miniature Schnauzer that you may wish to take a look.

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

arthur
ALPHA

Dec 7, 2002, 5:12 PM

Post #3 of 14 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Hi Veron,

Glad you showed the "Before" and "After" photos to illustrate the difference in what grooming can do to keep our furkids looking good..and Robee does looks good!Smile

I have some queries:

1. Assuming you strip, trim, clip, cut & clean in a single session, how long did it take you? For us, it took about 4hrs or more.

2. Robee's furnishings and beard looks very good and completely mat free. I'm thinking of using a coat conditioner and dematting agent from the No.1All systems or Christenson range. Would apprec your comments (Eileen, you're welcome to join in this thread anytime!)

3. My Andis clipper blades are getting dull. Would you know how much is it to get a replacement blade in Singapore? In Malaysia, it costs about RM110 onwards.

Comments: During the last AKU show in Malaysia, the Japanese judge told me that a Mini-Schnauzer eyebrows should be seperated by a gap equivalent to the width of the nose. In Robee's photos, the eyebrows seemed a bit close together.. Just sharing what I learnt from the show judge.

Thks for the great photos.

Rdgs Arthur

robee
Dog Kichi

Dec 7, 2002, 9:30 PM

Post #4 of 14 (5257 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Grooming Miniature Schnuazer [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Assuming you strip, trim, clip, cut & clean in a single session, how long did it take you? For us, it took about 4hrs or more. ==== i cnt strip in a single session. I took around 5 wks to completely strip her coat (weekly interval), in sections. If you can get or got the AMSC grooming chart. That is a very good guide. For just trim, clip and cut and clean (assumed bath) it shd take me not more than 1 and a half hours.

2. Robee's furnishings and beard looks very good and completely mat free. I'm thinking of using a coat conditioner and dematting agent from the No.1All systems or Christenson range. Would apprec your comments (Eileen, you're welcome to join in this thread anytime!) ==== Maybe i share with you what i use for them. 1) Bathing - for whitening, Winner's Circle, Chris , All System, Lambert Kay all works quite well for my gals. 2) Conditioning - no rinse off condition for them. But after their fur is dry, i will either spray some CC's Ice on Ice (1 thumb up) or rub in some (a bit will do) winner's circle o' pana sub (2 thumbs up). I brush them daily, thus i don't really use any dematting agent. But have a greyhound or mini greyhound works wonder for dematting small area.

3. My Andis clipper blades are getting dull. Would you know how much is it to get a replacement blade in Singapore? In Malaysia, it costs about RM110 onwards. ==== Arthur, from my experience, it's not cheap to get in Singapore either. thou I have andis clipper, but i luv the oster blades. It's sharper and the cut IMO cleaner. It used to cost SGD48 for an oster blades, but the price has gone up since the new distributor took over a few months ago. Now it will cost SGD57 for a blade. I get my blades from www.petedge.com (US Online Shop). Adding freight etc. the blades cost me less than SGD40.

Comments: During the last AKU show in Malaysia, the Japanese judge told me that a Mini-Schnauzer eyebrows should be seperated by a gap equivalent to the width of the nose. In Robee's photos, the eyebrows seemed a bit close together.. Just sharing what I learnt from the show judge. ==== thanks for sharing, you are right. Robee head structure is narrow, not as flat and wide as kimba. I will try to strip off more whites the next time. See how can I improve on that, show you again next time :)
rgds, v

arthur
ALPHA

Dec 8, 2002, 7:38 AM

Post #5 of 14 (5253 views)
Shortcut

Hi Veron,

Thks for your prompt reply.

Yes I have the AMSC grooming chart. For the period when the furkid is bare, do you put any clothing on them or something to protect the bare skin?

To maintain the furnishings, you mention Winner' circle o'pana sub. What is this? I have not come across this product here.

So the andis clipper can adapt to the oster blades? Great. Thks for the tip.

Rdgs Arthur

robee
Dog Kichi

Dec 8, 2002, 7:16 PM

Post #6 of 14 (5248 views)
Shortcut

Yes I have the AMSC grooming chart. For the period when the furkid is bare, do you put any clothing on them or something to protect the bare skin?

=== if you have strip your dog before, the next stripping, you don't nid to strip off the full coat, you can just strip off the wired coat, leaving the undercoat to be raked as the wires surface. The O'pana sub contains sunscreen also. thus when i need to bring robee in the sun, i will apply that on her. clothes in our weather is a bit too much for her.

To maintain the furnishings, you mention Winner' circle o'pana sub. What is this? I have not come across this product here.

=== it is not available locali in singapore, i am not too sure about malaysia. Check this out, contains a gd range of winner's circle products. my favourite 1)o' pana sub, 2) wash & dry (rinseless shampoo), 3) ultra stain remover.

O'pana sub

Conditioner and Lengthener

Nourishes skin and hair to promote hair growth; helps prevent breakage and repairs split ends; helps eliminate dandruff; helps protect against sun and wind damage; helps keep hair tangle free

So the andis clipper can adapt to the oster blades?

=== yes, they are compatibles. Get the oster cyrotech blades if you can.... see below:

Elite A5 Cryotech Blades glide effortlessly through the coat.

Elite A5 Cryotech™ Blades are cryogenically treated and coated with titanium carbonitride. Cryotechnology conditions metal to 300 degrees below zero, so molecules are aligned in a perfect structure. The result is a harder, denser metal that holds a sharper edge through prolonged usage. Cryotech™ Elite Blades also withstand more sharpening treatments for unsurpassed longevity. Sharper blades glide through coats with less effort, saving you and your clipper from unnecessary fatigue and wear. Longer lasting blades increase the value of your investment. Special Titanium Carbonitride coating protects blades from scratching and rusting while creating a slick surface that maneuvers smoothly through coats with minimal groomer effort. Elite blades are longer lasting than regular steel blades. With a Rockwell Hardness rating of 82+, blades hold a sharper edge for superior performance and endure more sharpening treatments over time. Size 10 Blade has a 1/16" blade cut.

rgds, Veron

arthur
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2002, 6:37 AM

Post #7 of 14 (5240 views)
Shortcut

Hi Veron,

Many thks for sharing your grooming experiences with us.

I have one question (unrelated to grooming)..what petstore or shopping area has the widest range of pet stuff available in Singapore? I may be able to squeeze in some shopping next weekend. Smile

Rdgs Arthur

robee
Dog Kichi

Dec 9, 2002, 7:01 AM

Post #8 of 14 (5236 views)
Shortcut

if you seriousli want to visit just a few pet shops, i will recommend the following:

Lotsa Nice Stuff - for those who show etc... think u might be able to get the o'pana thr, but beware it is reali expensive. the mason pearson pure board bristile that i got fr UK, they are selling like 2 - 3 times more.

Rainin' Cats 'n' Dogs Pte Ltd Category: Pet Shops
Address 176 Orchard Rd #02-32 Centrepoint Singapore 238843
Telephone 6735 7177

The other one that sells a wide variety of stuff at very reasonable price is aquapets.

arthur
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2002, 6:24 PM

Post #9 of 14 (5228 views)
Shortcut

Hi Veron,

Thks for the info. Most probably we'll just hit the orchard road area only.

Rdgs Arthur

elizatye
K9 Senior

Dec 9, 2002, 11:25 PM

Post #10 of 14 (5220 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Veron,

Seems there is another MS grooming “shi fu” registered to this forum ah. Smile Thanks for sharing with us your grooming process. I own a MS, yippi, and I’m going to learn for grooming my baby soon.

Eliza

(This post was edited by elizatye on Dec 9, 2002, 11:27 PM)

elizatye
K9 Senior

Dec 9, 2002, 11:28 PM

Post #11 of 14 (5217 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Arthur,

So you will attend the schnauzer grooming demo in Singapore on this coming Saturday. So great ah … I do hope that I can go too, but … hai, miss this great opportunity, don’t know how long should I have to wait until … Unsure Why don’t the demo also hold in Malaysia ah? Sayang lah………

Eliza

arthur
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2002, 11:46 PM

Post #12 of 14 (5213 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] Grooming Miniature Schnuazer [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Eliza,

Long time no news from you...

What! You mean you are going to miss this chance to see a professional groomer at work? This lady is coming all the way from USA to demo her skills on our beloved MS breed.

Well, she's not coming to Malaysia probably because no one has invited her... like you said, very sayang-lah. Also, I believe a Singaporean couple have imported a Legacy kennel dog. Most probably she's here on invitation either from the couple or SCS themselves.

Rdgs Arthur

robee
Dog Kichi

Dec 10, 2002, 6:52 PM

Post #13 of 14 (5201 views)
Shortcut

alamak,

nt shi fu lah.... still learnin.... n learnin:)

Arthur

You will be able to see the legacy dog at the champion show this comin sun....

ping21
New User

May 31, 2003, 12:15 PM

Post #14 of 14 (4950 views)
Shortcut

hihi...i am a newcomer here....i have 3 lovely MS but then lately 2 of them have some skin problem....well it started off from the ankle n now it's their chest....it's red n they seem very itchy...pls help...i applied some cream but they just tend to lick it off......sighMadi bought it to the doc b4 n he just gave me some cream to apply....n that's all.....stating it's skin disease......pls help

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my