Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Sports, Schutzhund, Protection, Tracking,.....: Schutzhund & Protection Dogs:
Heeling (Azman,hope you'll reply as well)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Mar 7, 2004, 8:06 PM

Post #1 of 9 (2616 views)
Shortcut
Heeling (Azman,hope you'll reply as well) Can't Post

Hi,Smile

Just wondering..how'd you get your dogs to heel if they want to sit abt 1 ft away from you in the basic position to look/focus on you?

Tyson's heel's like that. I try to get at least his shoulder blades touching my knee but he just doesn't want to sit that close. At the moment, he does sit next to me,follow me for short distances. But it's just that he does it one feet away from me. I guess it's good that he wants to focus on me that way(is it?) but heeling means being right next to you, no?Crazy

Azman, the other day when you tried heeling him how far away was he from you? I couldn't exactly tell.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

mhazman

Mar 8, 2004, 9:02 PM

Post #2 of 9 (2603 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Heeling (Azman,hope you'll reply as well) [In reply to] Can't Post

Chloe,
Yeah, he was a bit further than normal heeling. But I suspect that he was not trained in competition heeling so its OK. If you expect him to heel correctly with full attention on you then you have to work on his drive, build focus on you and teach him the heel position and train, train,train......
Start walking slowly when he is solid in the basic position. Reward for correct behavior.
If you do this a few times everyday then we'll be able to see a better heeling dog in 2 weeks time.

cheers

AzmanSmile

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Mar 11, 2004, 9:18 AM

Post #3 of 9 (2589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mhazman] Heeling (Azman,hope you'll reply as well) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I have been tryng to get him in the solid postion,with his shoulder touching my knees but he just refuses too. I pull him nearer,he pulls back then ends up getting frustrated. He's got focus alright. He'd be staring at me the whole time. And wants to sit far enough to watch me,not just lift his head Unimpressed
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

calvinsam
Novice

Apr 27, 2005, 7:21 PM

Post #4 of 9 (2279 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mhazman] Heeling (Azman,hope you'll reply as well) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Azman,

i heard Boon said u have yr own group training in klang valley?can i join?Smile

mhazman

Apr 28, 2005, 7:27 PM

Post #5 of 9 (2254 views)
Shortcut
Re: [calvinsam] Heeling (Azman,hope you'll reply as well) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ! Calvin,

I have sent you an email. Please check.

We may be doing something this long weekend.

rgds

Azman

calvinsam
Novice

Apr 28, 2005, 9:43 PM

Post #6 of 9 (2245 views)
Shortcut

Hi Azman,

i didnt receive that email u send to me!!!!!!!!Unsure

can u send it again????Wink

mhazman

Apr 28, 2005, 10:39 PM

Post #7 of 9 (2240 views)
Shortcut
Re: [calvinsam] Heeling (Azman,hope you'll reply as well) [In reply to] Can't Post

Calvin,

How can I contact you ?

or call me at 016 2010299

Azman

calvinsam
Novice

Apr 29, 2005, 12:22 AM

Post #8 of 9 (2228 views)
Shortcut

Hi Azman,
my number is 016 6801348

(This post was edited by Admin on Apr 29, 2005, 3:05 AM)

calvinsam
Novice

May 7, 2005, 3:18 AM

Post #9 of 9 (2157 views)
Shortcut

Hi Azman,

Will u go on this saturday also?but too bad my dog is sick now!but i hope i can go there to take a look.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my