IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Worms in Dog:
Dangerous Injectable Heartworm prevention drug ProHeart6 and ProHeart12

thecorrs
Novice

Mar 4, 2004, 4:39 PM

Post #1 of 7 (6624 views)
Shortcut
Dangerous Injectable Heartworm prevention drug ProHeart6 and ProHeart12 Can't Post

Dear dog lovers;

My dog has just been given ProHeart12 injectable protecting for one year as recommended by vets. Upon injection, my dog has been no appetite for 4 days and diarrhoea the first day. I thought it is just a mood swing.

But today i read a news from http://cbsnewyork.com/...story_061162738.html

Then i come to realize how dangerous is the injectable Heartworm prevention. I highly suspect my dog is affected by the drug hopefully no severe problem later on.

Wondering why US only allow 6 months prevention and Malaysia is using the 12 months prevention which is more concentrated and dangerous. I guess the side effect for 12 months prevention is more devastating.

I will be going to sue whoever dispense the drug if my dog got problem due to this later on.

boon
Doggyman

Mar 5, 2004, 4:44 PM

Post #2 of 7 (6613 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thecorrs] Dangerous Injectable Heartworm prevention drug ProHeart6 and ProHeart12 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hallo 'the corrs'

Do not post the same content twice in this board.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

coffee

Dec 10, 2005, 10:15 PM

Post #3 of 7 (6205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thecorrs] Dangerous Injectable Heartworm prevention drug ProHeart6 and ProHeart12 [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Dear dog lovers;

My dog has just been given ProHeart12 injectable protecting for one year as recommended by vets. Upon injection, my dog has been no appetite for 4 days and diarrhoea the first day. I thought it is just a mood swing.

But today i read a news from cbsnewyork.com/healthwatch/local_story_061162738.html

Then i come to realize how dangerous is the injectable Heartworm prevention. I highly suspect my dog is affected by the drug hopefully no severe problem later on.

Wondering why US only allow 6 months prevention and Malaysia is using the 12 months prevention which is more concentrated and dangerous. I guess the side effect for 12 months prevention is more devastating.

I will be going to sue whoever dispense the drug if my dog got problem due to this later on.

Check

silvrash
Enthusiast

Mar 15, 2006, 6:43 PM

Post #4 of 7 (6114 views)
Shortcut

o.o i know 6 is ceased, but 12 too???
www.wretch.cc/album/LilLiFashion

coffee

Mar 23, 2006, 11:23 PM

Post #5 of 7 (6094 views)
Shortcut
Re: [silvrash] Dangerous Injectable Heartworm prevention drug ProHeart6 and ProHeart12 [In reply to] Can't Post

No. Proheart SR12 is still good and available. Recently they aspproved for use even as young as 3 month old puppy.

Ravengowri
Novice

Mar 25, 2006, 10:24 PM

Post #6 of 7 (6082 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coffee] Dangerous Injectable Heartworm prevention drug ProHeart6 and ProHeart12 [In reply to] Can't Post

hI, THERE,,, Hope i can share somethings with you guys... I own a GSD, and now is 6mts... I've been advised by one of the vet, is better to give tablets form (heart guard). Now from second day given, untill now my pup doesn't wants to eat. The intake is very minimal, i've tried with all the ways, but nothing changes... Its almost 1 1/2 mts by now. Further more i've stopped giving all the nutrients and vitamins.. Do anyone have any ideas????
OLIVER

thecorrs
Novice

Apr 3, 2006, 8:51 PM

Post #7 of 7 (6052 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ravengowri] Dangerous Injectable Heartworm prevention drug ProHeart6 and ProHeart12 [In reply to] Can't Post

Do not know why people arguing and protecting this - these people must have own interest. Own dog death definitely confirm this - sad thing is no protection for pet owners and legal action is god damn difficult.

http://www.caps-web.org/...roHeartcomplaint.htm

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my