Inflamed Right Eye (URGENT PLS HELP)

cyrene
Novice

Dec 4, 2002, 9:34 PM

Post #1 of 13 (4549 views)
Shortcut
Inflamed Right Eye (URGENT PLS HELP) Can't Post

Unsure Hi.. i'm relatively new here...

i have a mixed Terrier (Krystal)... she's 1 plus (going to be 2 this coming Jan)

Last night when i came home from work, she was fine. This morning her right eye is inflamed. The white of the eye just under the iris is red and it's swollen.. partially potruding out. She doesn't seem to be in pain.. she's still normal playful and loving. I am so worried now.. i couldn't get time off work to bring her to the vet. I can only do so later this evening.

anyone experienced this before? Anyone know of any vets around the Old Klang Road area that is opened after 8pm?Unsure

pls help

yours truly

cyrene

jasonlyh
Enthusiast

Dec 4, 2002, 10:20 PM

Post #2 of 13 (4542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyrene] Inflamed Right Eye (URGENT PLS HELP) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Cyrene. It could be insect bite. Let the vet have a look. At least she's not bothered about it and is her usual self. Shows that her vision is not affected. Maybe you can do some self testing to see if her eyes responce to movements. Do keep us updated on her condition. cheers

cyphang
Canine Addict

Dec 4, 2002, 10:40 PM

Post #3 of 13 (4540 views)
Shortcut

THe other day i took my sunnie to the vet at Pet WOnderland SUbang Parade...they close at 9 pm...I also stay in Old Klang Road (Taman Desa and it took me about 20 mins to reach there...). The number is 5637-6166 (Healing Rooms Vet Clinic)
With warm regards,
CY Phang

Mummy of Sunnie, the happy, cheeky and naughty female shih tzu pup

cyrene
Novice

Dec 4, 2002, 11:01 PM

Post #4 of 13 (4534 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyphang] Inflamed Right Eye (URGENT PLS HELP) [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks so much for the concern and suggestions... i hope it's nothing too major..

she's also having some skin iritation... Unsure ticks and fleas .... Pirate argh poor baby.

i will try her usual vet in PJ first.. if can't then will go to Subang Parade... Tongue she's a bit stinky now coz she's black and she got wet in the rain and i haven't bathed her... kekek after vet pengsan.

cdmoo
ALPHA

Dec 4, 2002, 11:14 PM

Post #5 of 13 (4531 views)
Shortcut

hi Cyrene,

Hopefully she's OK..

By the way, would you like to tell us a bit more in the "Member's Introduction" section?

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

wkser
ALPHA

Dec 4, 2002, 11:21 PM

Post #6 of 13 (4528 views)
Shortcut

hi cyrene,
i think you better bring your doggie to visit the vet......kepp us update about herSmile

regards
kangser and nous

arthur
ALPHA

Dec 5, 2002, 1:15 AM

Post #7 of 13 (4520 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cyrene,

What you described sounds like an exposed tear gland. You have to see the vet about this. If it is really an exposed tear gland, then there are 2 options. One is to have a minor surgery to put back the gland. Second is to cut it off. Normally the vet would try to save the gland as if it is removed, the eye would eventually go blind due to cataracts (no more tears to lubricate the cornea). This info was related to me by anothe forum member who's Shih Tsu was diagnosed with this problem.

Hope this info helps.

Rdgs Arthur

Khoobg
Webmaster

Dec 5, 2002, 5:00 AM

Post #8 of 13 (4508 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Inflamed Right Eye (URGENT PLS HELP) [In reply to] Can't Post

If it is like what Arthur has mentioned, then it is the Cherry Eye Syndrome(Prolapsed Gland of the Third Eyelid). To correct it surgical replacement of the gland is necessary.

I have checked with my VET on behalf of our member's Shih Tzu that has this problem. The cost of operation does not normally exceed RM 250

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

Khoobg
Webmaster

Dec 5, 2002, 5:05 AM

Post #9 of 13 (4507 views)
Shortcut

While any dog may suffer from Cherry Eye, the following breeds tend to have a higher incident of Cherry Eye
  1. Beagle
  2. Bloodhound
  3. Boston Terrier
  4. Bulldog
  5. Bull Terrier
  6. Lhasa Apso
  7. Saint Bernard
  8. Shar-Pei

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

cyrene
Novice

Dec 5, 2002, 4:11 PM

Post #10 of 13 (4499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Inflamed Right Eye (URGENT PLS HELP) [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool Thanks everyone for the support and also suggestions. I rushed home yesterday (thank goodness the traffic was smooth) and brought Krystal to the nearest available vet. By the time i got home, the swelling went down but there were discoloration on the whites under the iris.

The vet said that it's most probably an infection caused by foreign particles in the eye... (the eye was also tear-ing). Krystal was administered with an eye ointment and two jabs. One for antibiotic and another for her skin iritation.

I'm so proud of her. While the jab was being administered, the vet said that it may hurt. However, Krystal just sat quietly and didn't make a peep. Smile

This morning i gave her her medication (2 pills) and also the eye ointment. We will have to monitor for about a week more to see if the discoloration continues and also if the tear-ing stops.Sly

thanks again for all the concern and support Cool

melanie
Enthusiast

Dec 5, 2002, 5:11 PM

Post #11 of 13 (4495 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cyrene,

Feel relieved to know that krsytal's condition is under control nowSmile

Hope she'll get better soon.

REgards

cyrene
Novice

Dec 5, 2002, 5:22 PM

Post #12 of 13 (4492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melanie] Inflamed Right Eye (URGENT PLS HELP) [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks melanie... may i know what's your dog type... she looks so much like Krystal from the photo Tongue but Krystal is brownish black

melanie
Enthusiast

Dec 6, 2002, 12:16 AM

Post #13 of 13 (4482 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cyrene,

My kiddi is also a mix terrier...thats why almost look the same...

But her fur has changed very much now! Current update is her fur is getting lighter with more beige than blackCrazy

regards

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my