Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
Brief Infor.

leopui
K9 Maniac

Feb 3, 2002, 1:30 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2297 views)
Shortcut
Brief Infor. Can't Post

Call me Leo, born in a family that are dog keeper for more than 30 plus years ago in Sarawak!!! Was a backyard breeder and "didn't realized" what I have done is wrong until meeting with different "Ma-Sallah" dog breeders oversea in 1995.

I choosed White Shepherd as my turning point toward dog kingdom, I hope I am doing good to establish the White Shepherd breeding here in Malaysia in time to come since they are "the original" and is "superb nobility" as the family companion. I included the Working Line German Shepherd Dog (stay with solid black & dark sable in colour only) in late 1997.

While I am on track with individual line-age genetic & health re-search, I choose to stay on my feet strongly to preserve and to bred only the nobility temperament on our White Shepherd and the true working abilities on our working line GSD!!!

Plenty more to learn about canine and am still receiving the imputs almost every minute!!! Thread and post for Puppy.com are what I have learns!!!

LEO PUI
Get REAL, Train REAL & Be REAL! Do RIGHT and FEAR No One!

(This post was edited by leopui on Feb 3, 2002, 8:41 AM)

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Feb 3, 2002, 9:24 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2286 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leopui] Brief Infor. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's sad to see that White Shepherds are sometimes penalized in the show ring, even if they are of better overall quality than their black/tan counterparts. This is what happens overseas, I'm not sure about M'sia though. Is there any particular reason why you don't breed black/tan or sable color?

-= Tisha =-

leopui
K9 Maniac

Feb 3, 2002, 5:51 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2283 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Brief Infor. [In reply to] Can't Post

It may be "sad" at this time but isn't that the ground work is always the toughtest assignment??? I would take this as part of the growing process toward new breed status recognition.

Please refer to the thread and post under White Shepherd Litters in "General Section", you will learn that White Shepherd have being recognized in few Europe countries of it new breed status (so far nine countries and they are Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Tjechien, Sweden, Denmark, South-Africa, Norway and Finland).

It is RARE to find outstanding Working capabilities in black & tan dog, I choose to bred solid black because of personal preference, however I included the dark sable to my breeding for gene pool selection since sable is the "main" and "original" colour on GSD when Max's make the announcement about this breed.

There is nothing wrong with having a color preference when shopping for a pup, but there is a great deal more to breeding a good dog that shooting for your favorite color. Don't overlook the sable dog. There is a rich heritage of intelligence, as well as physical and mental soundness, in today's sable lines. Maybe you'll find, as I did, the best thing about a sable dog is sharing your life with one.

LEO PUI

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Feb 4, 2002, 6:48 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2278 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leopui] Brief Infor. [In reply to] Can't Post

QUOTE : "there is a great deal more to breeding a good dog that shooting for your favorite color"

That is so true... Even with horses, some breeders put colour before the atheletic ability of the horse! Oh well... We can only hope to educate these people about the importance of breeding quality first, and the colour is just a bonus! Thank God there are a lot of people who realize this!

And you are such an optimistic person to view this as a growth instead of a nuinsance! Keep up the good work! P.S. I saw your website, and I like your dogs :)

-= Tisha =-

leopui
K9 Maniac

Feb 4, 2002, 7:13 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2277 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Brief Infor. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Tish,

Appreciated your kind words and I will definitely do all I can to acheive and get the ground work success toward my dog breeding goal!!!

LEO PUI

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my