Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Events Calendar: Event Calendar:
Jungle Trekking @ Tmn Pendidikan Bkt Gasing on March 6, 2004 - ROUND 3 !

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Mar 1, 2004, 6:36 PM

Post #1 of 88 (7219 views)
Shortcut
Jungle Trekking @ Tmn Pendidikan Bkt Gasing on March 6, 2004 - ROUND 3 ! Can't Post

Dear All

Well, with so many looking forward for round 3... and Surind was sooo geared up after the last round I guess there is no harm going for the walk again this week :D

Anyway, the below is the details :) hope more could make it this round. Anyone game for a round of tea after the walk ? We can go to Ravi's for a cuppa after the walk and chat there.... Btw, according to Surind this too will be a one hr walk.

Date : March 6, 2004 (Saturday)

Meeting Venue : Taman Pendidikan Bukit Gasing

Time : 7:15 AM (sharp)
we hope to be able to go into the jungle by 7.30 AM

Join us in the list below :

1. Surind & Anjali
2. Ming Yang & Lightning or Summer

Direction 1 :

From Padang Merbok’s roundabout use the way towards Telekom. After driving passed Telekom on your left you will see a row of shoplot and signboard of a restaurant called “Lotus”. Just before Lotus Restaurant, on your right, you will see a Chinese Temple and there is a junction. Turn right. After turning do go all the way straight for about 200 – 300 meter and there should be a playground of some sort and you can park your cars there. There should be a signboard that says : Tmn Pendidikan Bukit Gasing.

Direction 2 :

Beside the Lasalle School, there is the Raju Restaurant – go straight all the way up and you will reach a T junction. At the T junction do turn to your right and go all the way straight you should be able to see the playground.

Things to take note of :

1. Dogs have to be on leash/harness on all times.
2. Please pick up after our furkids poo.
3. Bring plastic bags
4. Bring water for human n for furkids
5. Wear stockings
6. Have a good pair of walking shoe or sneakers.
7. One dog per person is highly recommended as it’s a real jungle trail.
8. Don’t wear too short a shorts if you are afraid of being scratch by the bushes and donating blood to the mozzy ya ! ;)

cheers,
minglmy

annjou
K9 Maniac

Mar 1, 2004, 8:15 PM

Post #2 of 88 (7209 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Jungle Trekking @ Tmn Pendidikan Bkt Gasing on March 6, 2004 - ROUND 3 ! [In reply to] Can't Post

aarrrrgghhgg....y everytime also clash wif my schedule......MadFrownPirate

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Mar 1, 2004, 10:23 PM

Post #3 of 88 (7193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [annjou] Jungle Trekking @ Tmn Pendidikan Bkt Gasing on March 6, 2004 - ROUND 3 ! [In reply to] Can't Post

aiyah... y lar again ? ..... u ar ! hehehe... next time lor :)

cheers,
minglmy

annjou
K9 Maniac

Mar 1, 2004, 10:39 PM

Post #4 of 88 (7189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Jungle Trekking @ Tmn Pendidikan Bkt Gasing on March 6, 2004 - ROUND 3 ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hope tere'll b time 4..5..6..7..& so on....AngelicSmile

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Mar 1, 2004, 10:57 PM

Post #5 of 88 (7186 views)
Shortcut
Re: [annjou] Jungle Trekking @ Tmn Pendidikan Bkt Gasing on March 6, 2004 - ROUND 3 ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha....dun you worry ! there will be a 4th, 5th, 6th and many many more times.

cheers,
minglmy

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Mar 1, 2004, 11:35 PM

Post #6 of 88 (7180 views)
Shortcut

Dang!! I may have something on this weekend!! Frown But can only confirm by mid-week. Hopefully I'm free. Can't wait for the next trek!

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

dmax
Enthusiast

Mar 2, 2004, 12:40 AM

Post #7 of 88 (7172 views)
Shortcut

I'm interested to join in but I would like to find out more about this trek first. Is it a difficult trek and what is the distance. Is the trek slippery and do we need to climb hill or pass over stream or muddy water.

If I go, I would like to bring my wife and daughters too. My twin daughters are 7 years old and they have no problem walking 5km. We always go for a walk in bukit kiara every weekend and walked 5km on a proper road. But to walk in a jungle trek may pose problem for my daughters if the path is slippery or muddy.

But I think my children and doggies will enjoy walking in the jungle...something which they have not done before.

Join the JRT Zone

raistlin
Dog Kichi

Mar 2, 2004, 1:20 AM

Post #8 of 88 (7163 views)
Shortcut

1. Surind & Anjali
3. Raistlin + GF + Egon + Jackie

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 2, 2004, 3:58 AM

Post #9 of 88 (7152 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmax] Jungle Trekking @ Tmn Pendidikan Bkt Gasing on March 6, 2004 - ROUND 3 ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hello there,

hmm....the trek shouldn't be a problem for you and your girls since you guys go for walks in bukit kiara. the condition of the trek depends on the weather actually. if it doesn't rain for few days, we'll have a dry trail. if rain, do expect a wet and muddy trail and loads of mozzie attack.hahaaa Laugh

not too sure which trail surind(our beloved tour guide) gonna bring us this time.we'll definitely pass a small stream and waterfall.Wink. your girls will definitely enjoy the walk.Wink do join us kay!

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 2, 2004, 5:55 AM

Post #10 of 88 (7146 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmax] Jungle Trekking @ Tmn Pendidikan Bkt Gasing on March 6, 2004 - ROUND 3 ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi dmax Smile

I strongly recommand you to go! I was there the last time... great fun and Ladee really enjoyed herself...

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 2, 2004, 6:00 AM

Post #11 of 88 (7143 views)
Shortcut

Hi Smile

Wahhh so fast next round!... Ladee sure cannot wait if she knows... hahahaha... I thought she will be beat after the long walk and jump that day, but she was still jumping at noon till night while I slept thru the entire morning... Laugh Laugh

Will let you know soon if I can make it this weekend... got to ask my boss first! hahahah

Jo

Bring baby or mable this time ler!

ginger_pie
Enthusiast

Mar 2, 2004, 8:22 PM

Post #12 of 88 (7122 views)
Shortcut

I wish i can join u guys lah.....
but I can't confirm now just don't put my name 1st, i'll be there if manage to finish my work by Friday...

Gandhi said, "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you and then they fight you -- and you win."

Rhyno & Romeo photos

(lastest upload : 13 May 2005)

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Mar 2, 2004, 10:12 PM

Post #13 of 88 (7111 views)
Shortcut

Hi!!

Click on the url below for pics of the trek. It can give you a rough idea on how the jungle trek looks like.

http://photogallery.pets2u.com.my/...t=500&ppuser=947

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Mar 2, 2004, 10:31 PM

Post #14 of 88 (7106 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phoenix] Jungle Trekking @ Tmn Pendidikan Bkt Gasing on March 6, 2004 - ROUND 3 ! [In reply to] Can't Post

is there any person we can contact tru h/p on the day of spot? because i m staying quite far and i just worry can not find the place and cant get there by 7:15
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 3, 2004, 12:44 AM

Post #15 of 88 (7096 views)
Shortcut
Re: [raistlin] Jungle Trekking @ Tmn Pendidikan Bkt Gasing on March 6, 2004 - ROUND 3 ! [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Surind & Anjali
4. TimChan, Mary Anne & maybe Ladee)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Mar 3, 2004, 3:13 AM

Post #16 of 88 (7084 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phoenix] Jungle Trekking @ Tmn Pendidikan Bkt Gasing on March 6, 2004 - ROUND 3 ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope u can make it too... come lar Wink

cheers,
minglmy

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Mar 3, 2004, 3:31 AM

Post #17 of 88 (7082 views)
Shortcut

Hi Dmax,

Hope that you can join us :)

FYI, the trek is only an hour's walk or so... max is abt 1 1/2 hr (our slow time) so its not such a hard trek compare to the 1st time we went to. I might even be bringing my bf's parents for a walk :).

As for the slippery part... as long as u wear sneakers I don't see you should have any problem. Btw, when it comes to jungle when it rains its definitely will be slippery. And as I have previously said before in the previous post, there will be a stream which we have to passed thru and hills which we have to climb lar (if not no fun lar...hehehe) I think for your 2 7yrs old it shd not be a problem except do bring mozzy expellent as there is a fair bit of mozzy there at one point where we have to stop for awhile.

Hope that you and your family will be joining us - more fun that way ! If my bf's parents is not going I'm bringing my niece n nephew instead as they are very much interested. They are 11 and 10 respectively. Infact, they wanted to skip their saturday's classes n join me last weekend.

cheers,
minglmy

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Mar 3, 2004, 3:33 AM

Post #18 of 88 (7079 views)
Shortcut
Re: [raistlin] Jungle Trekking @ Tmn Pendidikan Bkt Gasing on March 6, 2004 - ROUND 3 ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad to know that ur joining us again ! :D bet ur egon will be really happy abt it !

cheers,
minglmy

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Mar 3, 2004, 3:36 AM

Post #19 of 88 (7077 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginger_pie] Jungle Trekking @ Tmn Pendidikan Bkt Gasing on March 6, 2004 - ROUND 3 ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hope to see u too... come lar...

cheers,
minglmy

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Mar 3, 2004, 3:37 AM

Post #20 of 88 (7076 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shyeow2] Jungle Trekking @ Tmn Pendidikan Bkt Gasing on March 6, 2004 - ROUND 3 ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Shirley,

U can call me.... send me an email ya and I'll give u my contact - minglmy@yahoo.com

cheers,
minglmy

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 3, 2004, 7:15 AM

Post #21 of 88 (7063 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] Jungle Trekking @ Tmn Pendidikan Bkt Gasing on March 6, 2004 - ROUND 3 ! [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Surind & Anjali
5. Jo (maybe baby or meow meow)

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

raistlin
Dog Kichi

Mar 3, 2004, 6:06 PM

Post #22 of 88 (7049 views)
Shortcut

Laughegon damn happy loh, can 'hamsap' anjali again!

lois_wong
Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2004, 7:13 PM

Post #23 of 88 (7044 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream] Jungle Trekking @ Tmn Pendidikan Bkt Gasing on March 6, 2004 - ROUND 3 ! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

1. Surind & Anjali
5. Jo (maybe baby or meow meow)
6. Lois, Titan + Sally

I'm in... :)

warmest regards,
FrownloisFrown

Frownhug from cAsPeR boy
Frownkiss from Heidi gal

dmax
Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2004, 12:04 AM

Post #24 of 88 (7023 views)
Shortcut

Hi minglmy, icezcream, ladee_m & phoenix,

Thanks for all your encouragement. The trek seems interesting. I should think it's about 2 to 3 km since it's an hour walk. I saw some photos posted by phoenix. That place looks good for a quiet walk. Has a little stream for our doggies to play too. But some paths are quite narrow with overgrown bushes. But is it safe? Dogs allowed? Are they any other joggers? Is it a forest reserve?

Anyway, we can't join in this saturday. I have forgotten that we have an appointment at the hospital this saturday morning. We will definitely join in the next round if you arrange it on a first and third saturday. Thanks.

Join the JRT Zone

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 4, 2004, 2:17 AM

Post #25 of 88 (7018 views)
Shortcut

Hi dmax Smile

I brought Ladee there last weekend, and though small in size, she made it all up with her agility and courage... the treck was small matter to her and she hiked it like a pro... its her first time... small as some of the paths, its very safe and cannot harm our furkids... if you think your furkid cannot manage, just lift it up and pass the danger zone ler... dogs are as far as I know allowed as long as we clean up the mess... we saw other hikes bringing dogs too... anyway, the route we used is not the common trail, we really go into the jungle!... so I guess, we will not disturp other hikers... yes its a forest reserve...

so hope to see you in the next jungle walk...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my