Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Looking for good, reputable groomer in Ipoh

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dpelican

Feb 27, 2004, 2:20 AM

Post #1 of 43 (9572 views)
Shortcut
Looking for good, reputable groomer in Ipoh Can't Post

Hello, anyone who knows any reputable, good groomer that is capable of grooming my fur baby in Ipoh area. She's a maltese x pomeranian (fur coat is maltese-type). Appreciate any feedback or advice. Thanks in advance.

milka
Novice

Mar 4, 2004, 1:14 PM

Post #2 of 43 (9559 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dpelican] Looking for good, reputable groomer in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

try Christine (Tel: 05-5477025) in Canning Garden. my doggie's fave groomer Smile
Attachments: bApril0301.jpg (34.7 KB)

dpelican

Mar 6, 2004, 7:31 AM

Post #3 of 43 (9556 views)
Shortcut
Re: [milka] Looking for good, reputable groomer in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

Is Christine working off a shop or freelance (from home type)? If you don't mind, roughly how much is her service fee, let's say for your pup? I've been trimming Siew Pak's (in avatar) by myself. Not really nice though. But I have a very special occasion coming up soon, so I'm thinking of getting Siew Pak to look her best (like the one in the avatar, taken right after her haircut/grooming). Thanks for your help!!

milka
Novice

Mar 6, 2004, 7:50 AM

Post #4 of 43 (9554 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dpelican] Looking for good, reputable groomer in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

it a home type. dont worry abt the charges, around RM50 n i consider that as very cheap. she is definitely the best in Ipoh i would say.. oh yea, remember to call up to book ur appointment one week in advance, she's kinda latku SmileSmile

goldilock
Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2006, 9:46 PM

Post #5 of 43 (9287 views)
Shortcut
Re: [milka] Looking for good, reputable groomer in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

how old is christine? is she friendly or serious looking? how long does she use to groom a dog? she grooms at her house....got any helper? does she speak cantonese or just english? i know she graduate from new york dog grooming school.

`*:·.Gö|d!lôck§.·:*´

babymiki
Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2006, 1:22 AM

Post #6 of 43 (9284 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goldilock] Looking for good, reputable groomer in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

Where about in Caning Garden is her house? Which road if u dont mind telling me Frown I heard that she's very garang type but she's good

Frown*~Germaine's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

Frown MY Friendster BlushFrown

FrownI love my darlings Germaine, the Silky Terrier and Meeko, the Miniature SchnauzerFrown

goldilock
Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2006, 2:58 AM

Post #7 of 43 (9280 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babymiki] Looking for good, reputable groomer in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

hah? very garang ar.....aiyo....sked ler....but everyone said she is the best in Ipoh wor....so geng....

her address is 39, Jalan Lee Kwee Foh, Canning Garden.

do u know there is a pet grooming center in Taman Perak called ? Have u try it?

milka
Novice

Jul 22, 2006, 7:26 AM

Post #8 of 43 (9276 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goldilock] Looking for good, reputable groomer in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

aiya where u guys heard rumour that she is garang? she is not at all wor.. just leave ur doggie there for 1.5hrs and when ready she will call u to pick up.. btw, ive been dealing with her for 4 yrs now n personally i think she is good n nice.. 22 July- happy birthday abby boy

goldilock
Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2006, 5:59 PM

Post #9 of 43 (9273 views)
Shortcut

how about Grooming Centre in Taman Perak? Anyone try it? I think it's the only pet grooming shop in Ipoh. But seems not very popular....

babymiki
Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2006, 6:32 PM

Post #10 of 43 (9269 views)
Shortcut

Taman Perak Ipoh Gdn East? Is the the one above the Vet Clinic? The Grommer's name is Sam. She's okay. Brought my dog there once. cost twenty five bucks for normal grooming (shower, nails, etc). After she finished showering Germaine she came out of the room to have a gulp of water, and then i heard her saying "eh? why got ticks here?" Ticks on her water bottle -.-"

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

FrownI love my darlings Germaine, the Silky Terrier and Meeko, the Miniature SchnauzerFrown

babymiki
Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2006, 6:35 PM

Post #11 of 43 (9267 views)
Shortcut

BTW, Here's Sam's contact number. She's a certified Groomer graduated from New York (Written on the name card) You have to make an appointment one week in advance. She have a lot of regular customer. 0125795003/0165593007.She's off on Thursday

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

(This post was edited by babymiki on Jul 22, 2006, 6:36 PM)

goldilock
Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2006, 7:15 PM

Post #12 of 43 (9264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babymiki] Looking for good, reputable groomer in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

ooh....thank for ur info....i'm talking another grooming centre in Taman Perak called P E T S C O R N E R. The groomer named Cecilia Yim. Anyone try it?

babymiki
Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2006, 7:24 PM

Post #13 of 43 (9263 views)
Shortcut

erm never heard of it before wo. it's newly opened or what?

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

goldilock
Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2006, 8:02 PM

Post #14 of 43 (9260 views)
Shortcut

I dunno how long it has open.....i think more than one year....but it seems no one talking about it. the shop specialize in pet grooming. address is 35, lintasan perajurit 6, tmn perak, ...behind ABC Pet Trading in IPoh Garden East.

babymiki
Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2006, 11:18 PM

Post #15 of 43 (9247 views)
Shortcut

its a shop lot isit? upstairs or downstairs one? isit same row as mr pong's tuition? u know mr pong? or the dance studio?

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

goldilock
Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2006, 12:02 AM

Post #16 of 43 (9245 views)
Shortcut

yeah...shop lot....downstair....erm...i dunno where is mr.pong....but is same row with Hair Point Salon.

mikoyuki

Jul 29, 2006, 5:55 AM

Post #17 of 43 (9218 views)
Shortcut

Professional groomers in Ipoh are too few. Good or not, it actually depends on individual. I believe that every groomers will try their best to satisfy their customer, but some are just too fussy. For e.g. how often do you really 100% satisfy with the hairstyle that your hairstylist did on you? Or how often do u satisfy with the best place of makan intro by your frens? It's all too individual to judge. btw, I'll be a certified dog groomer soon in 2 mths and what I hope for is all my customers will be satisfy with the job I do on their furkids and if they r not, then at least let me know where it goes wrong...which part they don't let...etc...etc...Service industry is like dat...feedback makes us improve.

In response to this actual thread, I know every groomers that have been mentioned here and I have lots of feedback from friends that this one is good/bad...vice versa. Point is...u hv to really try it out...

Hope my advise helps...

goofydip
Veteran

Sep 30, 2006, 7:50 PM

Post #18 of 43 (9136 views)
Shortcut

Hi, I'm new here, I just wonder do u hav the phone no. of the groomer u mentioned? behind ABC PET TRADING, Ipoh?Thanx!!

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

goldilock
Enthusiast

Oct 3, 2006, 4:19 AM

Post #19 of 43 (9128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] Looking for good, reputable groomer in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

pekelady
Novice

Nov 15, 2006, 9:22 PM

Post #20 of 43 (9072 views)
Shortcut

Hi everyone,

Dr Goh, a veteranian (shop behind Wooly, Ipoh Garden) also provide grooming now. I've just send mine last sunday, it cost around $35.00 for bathing, nail clipping & minor trimmings. For full set grooming, they've a freelance groomer to come in to do the grooming for them, charges not sure. The phone no is 05-5455933.

Sam's grooming is quite ok too but she's very busy.

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 15, 2006, 10:00 PM

Post #21 of 43 (9071 views)
Shortcut

Hi...I've just tried the PETSCORNER...I see that is quite good lar...mine doggie have short coat, so I not sure bout the hair grooming..but what I satisfy with them is that my doggie's smell nice lasted for around 2 weeks!!!

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

mikoyuki

Nov 17, 2006, 4:36 AM

Post #22 of 43 (9060 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pekelady] Looking for good, reputable groomer in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I guess the groomer that u mention is me Tongue. So how do u like my service? I'm not working at Dr. Goh's clinic anymore. Gonna open my own grooming centre, location in Ipoh Garden East. Reason being I am going to operate my own business is becoz I want a very hygenic, nice, calming & condusive environment for the doggies and owner as well. The concept of grooming centres abroad are very different from Malaysia. They provide a very nice waiting area for the doggy's owner to relax and wait for their doggy grooming session. U can actually view the grooming session from the window of the grooming room so that u can be assured that your dog is well treated. That's the concept I want to bring to Ipoh doggies owner.

U know how it is with vet's clinic, when your doggy is not sick and just wanna enjoy a grooming session but they have to mingle and breath the air of other sick doggies...so that's the main reason. I want my customer to come in happy, go back happy...both doggies and owners as well. Don't mind me, I'm not trying to self advertise here Tongue As long as all the doggies are happy and well-maintain, it doesn't really matter which groomers they go to. As of my previous saying, no harm to try all the services available at different grooming centre and find the one u like best and stick to them. Cheers!

(This post was edited by mikoyuki on Nov 17, 2006, 4:48 AM)

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 17, 2006, 6:24 PM

Post #23 of 43 (9049 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikoyuki] Looking for good, reputable groomer in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

oh oh oh....sounds very seduction!!!Laughseems very nice for us n our babies..then good for me to bring Goofy for a try....let us know when u've opened!!!!any membership discount offer for forumm mates lo!!!hahaha

chewec
Novice

Nov 21, 2006, 6:43 AM

Post #24 of 43 (9039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] Looking for good, reputable groomer in Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

I have tried out her grooming service for my Shih tze, very nice!!! i have never seen the style she has cut for my baby, very different from other groomers in ipoh. She is very friendly gal, pretty too!!Tongue now she is operating at home, she told me her new shop will open begining of December, now under renovation. I suggest for those who want a change in their pets' grooming style, should try her out. She is certified groomer recognised by USA all bread grooming ....(printed on her name card) her contact number is 012-3702148/016-5610299. btw, i paid RM40 for full grooming. according to her, promotion period only till end of december.

chewec
Novice

Nov 21, 2006, 6:43 AM

Post #25 of 43 (9039 views)
Shortcut

I have tried out her grooming service for my Shih tze, very nice!!! i have never seen the style she has cut for my baby, very different from other groomers in ipoh. She is very friendly gal, pretty too!!Tongue now she is operating at home, she told me her new shop will open begining of December, now under renovation. I suggest for those who want a change in their pets' grooming style, should try her out. She is certified groomer recognised by USA all bread grooming ....(printed on her name card) her contact number is 012-3702148/016-5610299. btw, i paid RM40 for full grooming. according to her, promotion period only till end of december.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my