Dogs 'talking' to deity

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Feb 25, 2004, 10:00 PM

Post #1 of 21 (1094 views)
Shortcut
Dogs 'talking' to deity Can't Post

Hello everybody!

I'm not sure whether this has been discussed before, but I was wondering, especially those of you who are Buddhist or Taoist, praying to deities like Kwan Yin Mah, Guan Gong, etc.etc... do your dogs at home look at the deity on the altar and bark at it as though they were talking to them? One of my ex-tuition teacher used to have a Thai 4 Faced deity in front his house and every morning, his dog would stand below it and bark at it for about 10 minutes. Anybody here experience the same thing?

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

melissa
ALPHA

Feb 25, 2004, 11:11 PM

Post #2 of 21 (1084 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phoenix] Dogs 'talking' to deity [In reply to] Can't Post

emmm... my dogs don't bark at all to the deity, so for me no such thing ler Smile

Click here to join Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

My three furkids ^_^ Gigi, Cherry & Belle ^_^

lulugurl
ALPHA

Feb 25, 2004, 11:56 PM

Post #3 of 21 (1081 views)
Shortcut

Erm, my dog dont actually talk to them, but u know those altar that is place on the floor got cups of water wan rite?

My dog drink from there when she's lazy to walk to the back of the houseCrazy She just ran ran ran then go to the cup and drink..hahahahLaugh
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Feb 26, 2004, 12:44 AM

Post #4 of 21 (1076 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] Dogs 'talking' to deity [In reply to] Can't Post

Hahahaha...LaughLaugh so lazy until like that ah? But smart also becoz she knows that there is water there!

I've never heard about dogs barking at deities on the altar either. I thought maybe I can get some from members who may have experienced something like that.

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Feb 26, 2004, 12:47 AM

Post #5 of 21 (1075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melissa] Dogs 'talking' to deity [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmm, you have no experienced either. I suppose that tuition teacher's dog is a one-off case, special kind that got radar to detect deities talking! LaughLaugh

- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

melissa
ALPHA

Feb 26, 2004, 1:13 AM

Post #6 of 21 (1071 views)
Shortcut

same to my doggies Laugh, they dun bark but instead of, they will drink the water placed on the water Crazy, like u said, lazy mah.

My mother in-law hates this very much as she needs to refill the water frequently Tongue.

melissa
ALPHA

Feb 26, 2004, 1:18 AM

Post #7 of 21 (1070 views)
Shortcut

I agreed with u that your tuition teacher's dog might experience it on-off case only.

Actually I feel safe too as many ppl claimed that dogs can see the "thing" but u know, my dogs never bark at the nite so trust that my house is 'clean' Angelic.

ladee_m
Doggyman

Feb 26, 2004, 4:03 AM

Post #8 of 21 (1064 views)
Shortcut

Hi phoenix Smile

I have never come across my dogs barking at alters in so many years of keeping dogs... like the other members, Ladee did curi food from the alter before one time during CNY's eve in my bf's grandparents house... I gave her a little spanking and she never did go near the place again...

I also wonder are there real dogs who do communicate with the Gods... maybe your teacher's dog was eyeing on the food on the alter too and asking for ppl to take it for it... hahahaLaugh

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Feb 26, 2004, 10:03 AM

Post #9 of 21 (1059 views)
Shortcut

this is really something that i have never heard before ! dunno whether to laugh of or frusfrated if i'm the doggy owner. anyway, my notty fella will only drink and curi makan from the food given at the altar but have stopped this practise since though

cheers,
minglmy

lulugurl
ALPHA

Feb 26, 2004, 8:09 PM

Post #10 of 21 (1048 views)
Shortcut

Maybe the dog is scared by the deities? Jaz is always barking at boxes wan..for what ever reason she has lar..but when we have boxes from post or wat, she'll bark none stop...CrazyLaugh
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Feb 26, 2004, 11:43 PM

Post #11 of 21 (1042 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] Dogs 'talking' to deity [In reply to] Can't Post

Same here. I have never come across dog barking at deity at altars. Weirdo a bit.

- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

(This post was edited by phoenix on Feb 26, 2004, 11:56 PM)

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Feb 26, 2004, 11:49 PM

Post #12 of 21 (1041 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Dogs 'talking' to deity [In reply to] Can't Post

Never heard before leh.....same here. Not that I don't believe my teacher but I'm just sceptical. Dogs have been said to be able to see unnatural things but a deity on the altar? Don't know lar....maybe dogs can see but they buat don't know. LaughLaugh

- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Feb 26, 2004, 11:54 PM

Post #13 of 21 (1039 views)
Shortcut

Maybe he was scared but according to my teacher, his dog doesn't bark as though he was scared. It's like a talking bark, if you know what I mean. And sometimes he just sits below and looks up at the deity, not barking but just looking at it for couple of minutes, doing that a few times a day, especially in the mornings. Must be a weird dog.

- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

lulugurl
ALPHA

Feb 27, 2004, 1:54 AM

Post #14 of 21 (1036 views)
Shortcut

yeah man...weird dog..or shall we say saintly/holy dog?CrazyAngelic
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh

melissa
ALPHA

Feb 27, 2004, 9:53 PM

Post #15 of 21 (1028 views)
Shortcut

Instead of barking at altars, my dogs always bark at the mirror, you know what? Because they see another dog in the mirror Laugh!

annjou
K9 Maniac

Feb 27, 2004, 10:16 PM

Post #16 of 21 (1027 views)
Shortcut

yea, my dog did tat once also....but after tat she "cirit birit"...hehehe..then she dont dare anymore....i told her 'must b the deity punish her' ...hehehe...

Amanda85
Doggyman

Feb 28, 2004, 4:41 PM

Post #17 of 21 (1021 views)
Shortcut

my kinki also like to drink the water there and then hide up the cupWink

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

lulugurl
ALPHA

Feb 28, 2004, 8:09 PM

Post #18 of 21 (1019 views)
Shortcut

hahah, same goes with jaz, whenever she walk past the piano and catches a glimpes of herself, she'll just stop and look at her reflection..then start growling and growling..ahhaha a very funny sightLaughTongue
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh

jackielow
Novice

Mar 12, 2004, 1:33 AM

Post #19 of 21 (1007 views)
Shortcut

my blueberry 'enjoy' biting the josstick on the altar.he will normally wait..sit there in front of the alter..waiting for the 'hiong ' to burn finish,then ..he will walk one round,look at me ,very innocently..walk to the alter And bite the hiong and RUN.................yup he did it all the time..he even took away the pineapple that i put there!

woof woof...

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Mar 15, 2004, 8:30 PM

Post #20 of 21 (993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Dogs 'talking' to deity [In reply to] Can't Post

Hide the cup? Wow, so smart!!! Hide the evidence! LaughLaugh

- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Mar 15, 2004, 8:34 PM

Post #21 of 21 (992 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jackielow] Dogs 'talking' to deity [In reply to] Can't Post

Bite the hiong then run!?? hahaha LaughLaughLaugh So many funny dog antics at the altar!! Even the pienapple also he sapu!?? hahaha LaughLaugh

- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my