Home: Breed Specific: Utility Group:
Jap Spitz Question

shockmesane
Dog Kichi

Feb 24, 2004, 11:13 AM

Post #1 of 6 (2053 views)
Shortcut
Jap Spitz Question Can't Post

i would like to know if a japanese spitz will have only pure white fur ? are they straight or can be curly ?

i got one few months back, without certs or chips. the look of it definitely is one, even until now. but the middle part of the body is a strip of brown, and the ears as well. and the fur, is curly on the body. will this be a pure or already mix breed wan ?
Jack

silvrash
Enthusiast

May 17, 2004, 8:59 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shockmesane] Jap Spitz Question [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi!!!SmileI used to have a japanese spitz before too but past away liawFrown

As much as i know that you can sometime find them in white + yellow/brown or different colour but pure japanese spitz coat is white, long & straight. Thats kinda of their specialty.

Where did you get yours from? pet shop? did they told you its a pure one??? sometime you can judge it from the price("sometimes") but jap spitz isn't very expensive.

If you "really" wanna know maybe you can put its pic up and ask around or ask a vet
www.wretch.cc/album/LilLiFashion

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

May 24, 2004, 5:22 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2004 views)
Shortcut

HiSmileSmile

I looked up a book of dog breeds and Japanese spitz only come in pure white!!

Finnish Spitz comes in brown or orange, Pomeranians come in white, black, brown, blue, orange and beaver, Keeshond comes in wolf and ash-grey, Norrbotten comes in white with some markings(patches) of any colour.

The fur of Spitz should not be curly, it is an off-standing white coat, which I think it means fluffy look with straight fur. I think your spitz are mix breeds since they do not have certs or chips. They may look like a spitz but the colour and pattern is not one of pure breed. If it's curly, it could have been mixed with a poodle or a spaniel breed. Did you buy them from a petshop of adopted them from another person?

Be happy with whatever dog breed you have, They will love you the same.. cheers!Blush

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

shockmesane
Dog Kichi

May 24, 2004, 9:36 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2001 views)
Shortcut
Re: Jap Spitz Question [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the help to both of u. i guess they only come in straight white furs as i've read as well. I bought it from a petshop rather famous of mix breeds. but the mix ones usually turns out rather appealing. i'm just curious as to whether the spitz i have is pure or mix only. although the other dog is more favourable among other family members, i prefer the spitz as that was the choice i made. any dogs can be as adorable and faithful as long as enough TLC is given to them. Wink
Jack

Caire
Novice

Oct 30, 2004, 7:28 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Hi...........SmileI have a Jap Spitz too. It called "Xiao Bai" coz she got a white straight fur.It looks healthy but very naughty. Somethimes can say that it was crazy.Shocked

But I know that the Jap Spitz is a good for looking home, coz they was very sensitive. When they heard some sound or noise, they will start get attention and barking.

Sydney
Doggyman

Oct 30, 2004, 9:21 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1892 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Jap Spitz are really white like ghost n snow.... Hehe!Cool Well i could say that the 1 u got is a mix... Not a spitz

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my