Home: Behavioral Problems: Barking & Growling Problems:
Barking at nothing ?

shockmesane
Dog Kichi

Feb 24, 2004, 10:57 AM

Post #1 of 25 (4236 views)
Shortcut
Barking at nothing ? Can't Post

has anyone encounter this ? my dog, now at 5 months old, likes to bark at nothing. we usually leave our inner gate open. many times at night, he will just rush to the outer gate, and start barking. many times i dun see even a single mosquitoe flying, what more said of a human. after we 'shut' him up, once he know we're not looking, he'll start barking again. it's kinda scary at times, as the neighbour's dog use to occasionally bark or even more scary, whining, like something is strangling him in the middle of the night.

if the inner gate is locked, he will still be barking outside.

i dun suppose he wants to pee or poo, as he can do so inside the house. nor will he miss his daily walk. he won't go into the house until he's done and happy with his sniffing exercise, and occasionally jogging along side with me.

juz find it strange n eerie. fyi, i think i managed to capture digital pix of orbs around the area many times. could he be sensing something there ? hmmm Crazy
Jack

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 24, 2004, 7:46 PM

Post #2 of 25 (4232 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shockmesane] Barking at nothing ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there

ermm....pretty interesting. but if you check out some ghost related site(www.ghoststudy.com), orbs indicate the presence of spirits.

but they do have explanation on orbs. a single dust on your camera lense and as well as the reflection of the light can cause the apperance of orbs on photos..

sometime it could be some sound or smell that excite your pup...

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 25, 2004, 6:01 PM

Post #3 of 25 (4221 views)
Shortcut

Hello ...

At 5months a dog is:

(a) Learning about all his various senses

(b) Is very curious.

(c) A dog's sense of smell being the most predominant and he can smell what we cannot ... dogs can even smell storms coming.

(d) Although their colour vision is limited, a dog's night vision is much better than ours, and very tuned into movement ...

(e) Finally, a dog is infinitly more attuned to their instincts then we are ... There are countless stories about how dogs even know when their owners start the journey home (from miles away) ... sense when their owners are in trouble ...

Given all the above, maybe you dog smells, sees or senses something you do not ...

As he gets used to his surroundings ... learns about what he needs to be cautious about and what is safe - he should settle down and be more quiet ...

Cheers Smile

shockmesane
Dog Kichi

Feb 26, 2004, 2:56 AM

Post #4 of 25 (4209 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream] Barking at nothing ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there...

very interesting site that you gave. i've been puzzled by whether that was an orb or just dust particle reflections. at least it's clarified.

hmm .. it's nice to know there's another paranormal supporter here .. hehehe .. maybe u wanna check out something 'nearer' to us.

www.spi.com.sg it is very interesting and scary too, knowing such a small island as singapore is so haunted. kekeke.
Jack

shockmesane
Dog Kichi

Feb 26, 2004, 3:05 AM

Post #5 of 25 (4208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Barking at nothing ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

a-d is undoubtedly true. but e, it's what every dog owner would hope. but somehow whenever me or my parents came back, they dunno wan .. cos there was a time when i was opening the sliding door only they're aware someone is back.. altho they're lazing in the living room ... hehehe ...

the only problem with the barking tho, is the annoyance esp in the middle of the night.

thanks for the enlightenment .. :-)
Jack

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 26, 2004, 4:59 AM

Post #6 of 25 (4206 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

Spend more time with you dogs ... and allow the bond between your dogs and you to grow ... When either of us come home ... our dogs sense our arrival even before the car turns round the corner - and they are already standing by the door - waiting ... Smile ...

As for sensing "other" elements Tongue... our Beagle is best at that ... We even took her with us when we were looking for a new home ... we just let her run around the house & garden we are viewing ... and if she was not happy ... we would scratch that house off our list ...

Hmmm ... barking in the middle of the night ... I suppose keeping your dogs indoors might help ...

Cheers Smile

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Feb 26, 2004, 5:02 AM)

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 26, 2004, 6:45 AM

Post #7 of 25 (4202 views)
Shortcut

harlo,

ah!!! found another kaki!!hehehee Laugh

wow.thanks!!
but i dun dare to surf the site now.nite edi. creepy!! Tongue

jaytan
Canine Addict

Feb 26, 2004, 7:03 AM

Post #8 of 25 (4199 views)
Shortcut

Hi Surchinmy, wow Beagle Fung Sui master, heheheh. Yeah, Beagles have internal radars. My doggies consistently beat the doorbell when there are visitors at the gate. It always goes woof, woof, dingdong, good dogs. And I can never peep to see what they are up to. If I go to the window they will be staring at me. Then I sneak to the other end and part the curtains and what do you know, they are staring at me again. My daughters get a trill from sneaking around the living room to avoid detection, hahaha. Best regards,J

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 26, 2004, 8:04 AM

Post #9 of 25 (4193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaytan] Barking at nothing ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya lor ... dun play play with Beagles man ... Tongue ...

Sure sounds like your Beagles are keeping your kids & you entertained ...

Cheers

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 26, 2004, 4:20 PM

Post #10 of 25 (4191 views)
Shortcut

Haahha...

Kekeke... I don't think dogs "bark at nothing". They will bark at something, just that we human furslaves don't understand what they will bark at... LaughLaugh

I noticed this behaviour too esp when Snoopy just jumps up and growl at something (other than her reflection on shiny surfaces.. SlySly).. When I look out, I see nothing. Crazy

Wow... Orbs around your area? Hmm.. Sure they are not fireflies? Hmmmm.... Anyway, a dog's senses are more sensitive than ours, I'd guess they can sense certain elements that we can't see/hear.

Anyway, I have yet to hear any of my neighbourhood dogs (the community) howl but they do some community barking every night and it is fun to watch Snoopy join in sometimes..

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

shockmesane
Dog Kichi

Feb 26, 2004, 9:21 PM

Post #11 of 25 (4186 views)
Shortcut

spooky kaki,

let me know what u think of it woh, i certainly feel more 'connected' with these places rather than others, like the super advertised magnolia lane. maybe we can start our mpi.com.my. malaysia paranormal investigators. kekeke
Jack

shockmesane
Dog Kichi

Feb 26, 2004, 9:28 PM

Post #12 of 25 (4185 views)
Shortcut

my dad spent most of the time at him with them. for me only when i'm back. he only increases his barking routine at night, even when indoor. there were times when it was midnight, he still tries to woof woof when i went down to 'shut him off'. just scared the neighbours will complain nia ... hehehe. my next door neighbour did 'complain' b4 of the barkings, but the blame was on the other one, as they didn't know my dogs were also part of the culprit team. kekeke.
talk about fung shui ... i think baby also make a good one. happen to see lilian too's " if you know where the affliction is ... " thingy.
Jack

shockmesane
Dog Kichi

Feb 26, 2004, 9:34 PM

Post #13 of 25 (4184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aragorn2976] Barking at nothing ? [In reply to] Can't Post

they certainly are barking for reasons, and most we do not yet really understand, as we dun talk dog language.

i guess what i managed to capture are not orbs, rather reflections of dust particles within 4 inches of the lense. otherwise, i would've declared my area to be very very the active ... hahaha.

talk about communinity howling, that happens once, that i know of. was on the verge of entering dreamland whene it started. geramnya.
Jack

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 27, 2004, 7:56 AM

Post #14 of 25 (4175 views)
Shortcut

hahaha..spooky kaki LaughLaugh

the site is nice. but dun really like the picture gallery. quite a number of edited pictures. btw, did you check out the "cop attacked by witch" story,"human-dog baby" pic as well as the "moving figure in car park" video???? pretty interesting.Tongue

whoa..MPI??i'll freak if you ask me to investigate paranormal activities. LaughLaugh

i've got another ghost site.. theshadowlands.net/ enjoy!!

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 27, 2004, 8:39 AM

Post #15 of 25 (4172 views)
Shortcut

this pic was taken few years back. can't really remember how many years back.Tongue check out the "orb" on the left

Attachments: flyingorb.JPG (220 KB)

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 27, 2004, 5:08 PM

Post #16 of 25 (4166 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaughLaughLaugh....

Wah liao... For a moment there I thought your area was active and so, would be rather interesting... SlySly

Kekeke...Yea... I understand what you mean. I think Snoopy also gets geram when community barking happens when she is asleep at night. What to do... The adult dogs want to chat at night when they are bored.. TongueTongue

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

shockmesane
Dog Kichi

Feb 27, 2004, 9:50 PM

Post #17 of 25 (4161 views)
Shortcut

i didn't get to check all pix, just pick n cc only. i might not have the courage to investigate such things too. but i have a friend, or rather a godbrother, he's in such area wan. he just told me he managed to catch an orb on pix yesterday in klang. yeah, klang ppl, if u wanna know where, i'll let u know. hehehe

mebi we can be the coordinator for malaysia. let them investigate, we just stay far enough, be their tour guide to reach area of interest. if anything serious happens, then at least got two malaysians to call the authorities. LOL...

btw, the pix was interesting. but i find the dog more interesting leh. dunno what breed is that.
Jack

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 28, 2004, 12:54 AM

Post #18 of 25 (4157 views)
Shortcut

two malaysians??? you mean one?? i'll be the first to faint laTongue..LaughLaugh

there is another haunted spot your godbrother might be interested in. you know in subang, there is a place called crocodile farm/pond?? near holiday villa resort..check that place out...Crazy

the pup ar??he's mixed breed named Max-C. Tongue

scym1981
Novice

Apr 14, 2004, 4:32 PM

Post #19 of 25 (4109 views)
Shortcut

do you hope to know what your dog is barking???

hehehe i got a secret weapon to help you to know wat your dog is barking for wat your dog want to...

actually to understand your dog is not easy but needs time and also of coz technology... try to mail me or reply my post in the new member forum ok.... i'll tell you wats my secret...

i don't bluff coz im still new here.... i won't mess around with my name ok!!!!

trust me, if you could understand your dog then u could be very happy too!!!
ho...ho...ho uncle toby is here!!!

boon
Doggyman

Apr 14, 2004, 6:43 PM

Post #20 of 25 (4107 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scym1981] Barking at nothing ? [In reply to] Can't Post

do u mean bow-lingual by takara ?

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

shockmesane
Dog Kichi

Apr 15, 2004, 12:14 AM

Post #21 of 25 (4105 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

i would sure wanna know. if what u meant is the 'translator', i've heard of it indeed. my ex-gm bought such device from japan during his trip back there. i wonder if he really knows what his dog is barking about with that device.
Jack

scym1981
Novice

Apr 15, 2004, 2:22 AM

Post #22 of 25 (4103 views)
Shortcut

yup.... bongo!!! its takara bowlingual...

i bought it back frm canada...and i found it very useful indeed!!

what a technology that keeps you and your dog together and understand each other wants and need... i have ask my cousin to buy few sets of this translator i think maybe she will come back by by next month... so i think i will post it and see who wish to buy... hheheh...

ashley
ALPHA

Apr 22, 2004, 11:49 PM

Post #23 of 25 (4095 views)
Shortcut

Hi , how much the takara bowlingual ? i also wan to know what are my doggie think ... Tongue
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

scym1981
Novice

Apr 23, 2004, 8:43 PM

Post #24 of 25 (4092 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] Barking at nothing ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, i bought the things for 75 Dollar after discount so here around 285.. if so if i got the item then i might sell around 270 becoz no shipping fees included. still much much much more cheaper..... becoz after i survey all the prices i found out that the states is actually selling at 99 per set or the cheapest at 80 ... got one is 65 dollar but after include the tax and shipping fees its also come back to the same... around 75-80 dollar.. sse lah if u interested then u might contact me at this phone no. 0162855381... simon ok!! see ya..

ashley
ALPHA

Apr 24, 2004, 1:35 AM

Post #25 of 25 (4087 views)
Shortcut

Ok ! thank u ! Smile
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my