Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
i" a new owner of min pin... can some one help me pls..

ginger_pie
Enthusiast

Feb 22, 2004, 11:15 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1647 views)
Shortcut
i" a new owner of min pin... can some one help me pls.. Can't Post

i just got a min pin which is bout 2mth+ old..
my dog used to litter on his own sleeping placeFrown
I really have no more idea to guide him...
Can someone pls guide me... pls

TQ!!!

Gandhi said, "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you and then they fight you -- and you win."

Rhyno & Romeo photos

(lastest upload : 13 May 2005)

CasperSkywalker

Feb 23, 2004, 5:21 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1641 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginger_pie] i" a new owner of min pin... can some one help me pls.. [In reply to] Can't Post

You should bring your dog out to do his/her business outside frequently or perhaps u can bring ur dog out for a walk 1-2 hours after her meal.

After your dog finished his/her business outside...then play wif your dog to make him/her happy.

Try it and let me know the outcome of it. Hope it helps

Regards,

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Feb 23, 2004, 8:10 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginger_pie] i" a new owner of min pin... can some one help me pls.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

For a new pup he will tend to pee n poo often as they have yet to learn how to hold their bladder so in oder to teach them do it the right way, let ur dog go to the desinated pee n poo area every 1 to 2 hr, before and after meal, immediately after he wakes up from sleep.

give some time n patience as the your dog is still a pup so it will take time to teach him the proper way. Good Luck !

cheers,
minglmy

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 24, 2004, 7:30 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginger_pie, minglmy, CasperSkywalker] i" a new owner of min pin... can some one help me pls.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello ...

With 8week puppy ... expect the pup to eliminate very soon after feeding (eating stimulates their bowels) ... and will probably need to eliminate up to 6 or more times a day ... so housetraining must keep that in mind ...

Check the threads under "housetraining" ... and there are lots of tips and suggestions ...

Cheers Smile

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Feb 24, 2004, 7:43 AM)

ladee_m
Doggyman

Feb 26, 2004, 2:52 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1600 views)
Shortcut

Hi ginger_pie Smile

Welcome to doggie parenthood!... Wink it takes a little practice and lots of patience... so ENJOY!...

Get some toilet training tips and follow the guides of the ppl here... it helps... Good Luck....

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

ginger_pie
Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2004, 9:05 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1591 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CasperSkywalker] i" a new owner of min pin... can some one help me pls.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for everyone advise, but till now my dog is still repeating his habit...

Do u guy have any other idea...

I used to leave him at home alone...coz i need to work so got any different advice???

TQ

Gandhi said, "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you and then they fight you -- and you win."

Rhyno & Romeo photos

(lastest upload : 13 May 2005)

a_evie
Doggyman

Mar 4, 2004, 8:19 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1577 views)
Shortcut

hi ginger pie...

welcome on board!

toilet training isn;t easy. lots of patience is needed. what the other members mentioned thus far is true...you must observe ur pup. every 1 hour or so, you must send him to his designated toilet area.

simple points to remember is to praise him when he does it right. forget the diea of scolding him. i tried scolding my pup when she did it wrongly...and that only made her more excited and keen to repeat her mistake. simply because she felt that she was getting my attention. so when she made her mistake. i'll just clean up andd not bother with nagging or scolding her. that helped. and these days, accidents happens only because she got too excited playing and forgot her proper place.

are you using some puppy training aid for his peepoo training. it does help to a certain extent. so you may want to get one off the pet shop or vet.

shalom has just hit 4 months and these days i can see that she holds her peepoo as much as possible until we go walkies when i wake up or return from work. try walking ur minpin...it may help.

but whatever it is,,,8 weeks is very young. i had nightmares with shalom when she was 8 weeks. but patience saw me through...

share ur developments and thoughts ok?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my