Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Does My Puppies have Mange?

disBsan
New User

Feb 22, 2004, 9:44 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1271 views)
Shortcut
Does My Puppies have Mange? Can't Post

Hello. I have two 4 month old puppies and for the past three days I've noticed that they have little red-pinkish rashes on their lower stomachs and under their arms. They are not losing any hair but one of the pups has some white bumps around his eyelid. They are itching alot! I don't know how they got this..they stay inside the house almost all the time. Their mother doesn't have any rashes. Is it just an allergic reaction or something, or could it be mange? Unsure

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 22, 2004, 10:54 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1267 views)
Shortcut
Re: [disBsan] Does My Puppies have Mange? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there !!! Laugh

I dont think is Mange. How much r u feeding ur puppies? I think is because u feed them to much. Try to give them some Pure Honey/Glucose/100 Plus to drink & try to reduce the food quatity for few days.

For the white bumps around his eyelid I have no idea. Bring him to vet.Wink

Hope this help.Wink

Regards,

Chrisong

disBsan
New User

Feb 22, 2004, 11:07 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1263 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Does My Puppies have Mange? [In reply to] Can't Post

HI! Thanks for replying back I appreciate it. I feed them twice a day, in the mornings and at night. They eat their own puppy food mix with wet and dry. Sometimes when they go to the back yard to see their mom, they eat her food. Could shampoo also cause these rashes? I use puppy shampoo, so im not sure. They take a bath like 2 times a week. Unsure Im just relieved that its not mange. Smile But okay, I will change their diet and try the honey, and most important I'll take them to the vet. Thanks again.

a_evie
Doggyman

Feb 25, 2004, 11:13 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1245 views)
Shortcut
Re: [disBsan] Does My Puppies have Mange? [In reply to] Can't Post

twice a week shower is kinda too often unless they are grimmy.

what you can try is to brush them daily. first you apply either cornstarch or baby powder then you brush them off. any mud (presumably outdoor doggies always turn muddy or sandy) can then be brushed off with the dog. i have been doing that since cny. and someday shalom my shih tzu can go without shower for almost 2 weeks (important especially when they are having the injections).

DennisNJennifer
Novice

Mar 23, 2004, 3:46 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Does My Puppies have Mange? [In reply to] Can't Post

hello just wan to ask u some question my puppy now is 5 moonths old . This 2 days i discovered that his undercoat is pinkish in colour, not like the usual colour and one of his leg (near the knee area) too.I feel so worry. I bath him once a week and ate the Eukanaba. What went wrong?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my