Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
park dog friendly

jerome
Enthusiast

Feb 22, 2004, 2:45 AM

Post #1 of 21 (4056 views)
Shortcut
park dog friendly Can't Post

Hi, anybody knows parks around KL where they welcome our 4 legged friend?

huizhi
Novice

Mar 10, 2004, 11:40 AM

Post #2 of 21 (3974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jerome] park dog friendly [In reply to] Can't Post

ooo, yeah i'm curious to know too. Will there be any park at all for doggies to run in?

Could we request for one ? Especially with the whole election going on?

Ps. I was recently told off by a young malay boy, to bring my dog away because he is a malay.Unsure Quite rude of him too, since i wasn't in the park it self.

a_evie
Doggyman

Mar 10, 2004, 10:33 PM

Post #3 of 21 (3971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [huizhi, jerome] park dog friendly [In reply to] Can't Post

hmmm...i wish for a park too...hmmm election time...maybe elsewhere but i doubt so in msia that tehy woudl do anything on a dog friendly park....of course padang merbuk is officially doggie friendly.Smile

but being my normal self...i have brought the dogs to bandar tun razak park. locally its just teh playgrounds around and makan places when i so happened to be there for my meal....

where have you been so far.

btw, do follow the thread on friendly places...quite interesting...

dmax
Enthusiast

Mar 10, 2004, 11:11 PM

Post #4 of 21 (3969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] park dog friendly [In reply to] Can't Post

Personally, I prefer to go to Bukit Kiara and has been there very often during weekends. Brought our doggie there twice so far though animals are not allowed there. DBKL has put up a signboard saying pets are not allowed. It's is a nice jogging track and it is a tar road with 5km distance. The air there is very fresh. No car is allowed there.

From what I understanding from DBKL's ruling, dogs are allowed in any park as long as the dogs are always leashed and that there is no signboard that disallowed dogs put up by the authority.

Maybe if we, all of us from this puppy.com, co-operate and make an appeal to DBKL to allow pets into Bukit Kiara only on a certain day like Saturday or Sunday and on condition that owners must be responsible to pick up their pets' poos and always walk their pets on leash, do you think DBKL will allow. Have anyone try appealing?

Join the JRT Zone

a_evie
Doggyman

Mar 11, 2004, 2:03 AM

Post #5 of 21 (3960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmax] park dog friendly [In reply to] Can't Post

don't mind appealing....

btw how do i get to d park? never been there...BlushBlush

(This post was edited by a_evie on Mar 11, 2004, 2:05 AM)

richard912
Dog Kichi

Mar 11, 2004, 3:21 AM

Post #6 of 21 (3955 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmax] park dog friendly [In reply to] Can't Post

we are onli ikan bilis in the ocean. Best to seek people like MKA to make our appeal.

a_evie
Doggyman

Mar 11, 2004, 5:24 PM

Post #7 of 21 (3944 views)
Shortcut
Re: [richard912, dmax] park dog friendly [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
we are onli ikan bilis in the ocean. Best to seek people like MKA to make our appeal.

and all ikan bilis with their fur masters must make the effort together.

i understand religious tolerance...but shouldn't there be any thoughts spared for us dog lovers too? of course the doggie owners will have to play their own dilligent part to pick after their doggie's left overs, leash the doggies and maintain order at all times.

richard912
Dog Kichi

Mar 12, 2004, 4:06 AM

Post #8 of 21 (3934 views)
Shortcut

Unfortunately for us, the non dog lovers have been brought up that way from one generation to another. What to do?

a_evie
Doggyman

Mar 12, 2004, 6:30 PM

Post #9 of 21 (3926 views)
Shortcut
Re: [richard912] park dog friendly [In reply to] Can't Post

had met some very friendly nuslims at the go kart in shah alam last sunday...or was it 2 sundays ago...hmm...blurrrr now...

anyway, theyw ere recptive to shalaom and also pearlie (toy poodle) that came along with us. no problem. were willing to talk to us and the pups and even did not squirm when we put the doggies down. but they just made it clear...tak boleh kena air liur.

not too badlah...

but yet there are some that act like seing our furkids can kill them....so sad!!

what has your experience been so far? any nasty or good ones?

richard912
Dog Kichi

Mar 13, 2004, 5:35 AM

Post #10 of 21 (3920 views)
Shortcut

I have yet to bring my JoJo (female 6 mo JRT) out as she has one more shot to go but given my past experiences with my CoCo (female Bichon born 1987, departed 1998), most "non-dog lovers" cabut/avoid coming close. Have noticed some mumbling with unhappy gestures point our way too. Then again, I have also encountered some (just a few really) who received overseas education and don't mind it so.

a_evie
Doggyman

Mar 15, 2004, 8:25 PM

Post #11 of 21 (3900 views)
Shortcut
Re: [richard912] park dog friendly [In reply to] Can't Post

my nasty experience would be the folks who barked at shalom...of which shalom just twitches her head and stares back at them.

so far the crowd we have been with were kind to her. some would offer her fruits (yesterday we brought her out for makan in sri petaling). bought some fruits from teh lady and proceeded back to our table to eat. strangely she later walked to us and said..."your dog likes the turnip...here i give you some more!)...

she's very friendly and would not mind a pat on her head..she would also like it big time when people stop by to play with her...social butterfly!

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 16, 2004, 4:12 AM

Post #12 of 21 (3890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie, richard912] park dog friendly [In reply to] Can't Post

actually i had brought kinki to many places before.

i brought her to open-air steak corner, steamboat restaurant, roti canai stall, and chicken rice restaurant, domino, and selayang mall shopping centre.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

a_evie
Doggyman

Mar 16, 2004, 6:41 PM

Post #13 of 21 (3883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] park dog friendly [In reply to] Can't Post

roti canai? won't the mamak fellas freak out?

a_evie
Doggyman

Mar 16, 2004, 6:49 PM

Post #14 of 21 (3880 views)
Shortcut

roti canai? won't the mamak fellas freak out?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 18, 2004, 4:22 AM

Post #15 of 21 (3867 views)
Shortcut

coz the mamak stall in my area are mostly indian and chinese. you can hardly see any muslims around

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

a_evie
Doggyman

Mar 18, 2004, 6:58 PM

Post #16 of 21 (3863 views)
Shortcut

lucky you. our mamaks here very muhibah and inteernational. apa orang pun ada punya.

guess it is not mamak exposure for herFrown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 20, 2004, 4:35 AM

Post #17 of 21 (3853 views)
Shortcut

but yesterday was my unlucky day.

as usual i bring kinki to taman jaya for a jog.

i came across a group of malays, so i just bring kinki and walk past behind of them. when they saw my kinki, they shouted and scolded me with all kinds of harsh words.

i'm so angry and afraid of them at the same time.Crazy

Pacco de Mongrel

a_evie
Doggyman

Mar 22, 2004, 6:09 PM

Post #18 of 21 (3845 views)
Shortcut

if you see a bunch of them...always walk away from them...walk opp direction if you need to...just avoid confrontation especially in such public areas where a majority of them can be muslims...and the young ones especially (mat and cik lepaks) can be quite a handful.

annjou
K9 Maniac

Mar 23, 2004, 1:08 AM

Post #19 of 21 (3838 views)
Shortcut

tos ppl relly shout & maki u???Mad tey relly dont know polite / manes....& say tat tey r from an educated religion....polite tradition.....kkeeaaaaappuuuiihh!!!!!.......
cat tey talk 2 u correctly....tey tink tey very clean ar....always say our dogs dirty.... u shod c serounding teir living place.....cant even imagin.....MadPirateMadMad

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Mar 23, 2004, 8:31 PM

Post #20 of 21 (3828 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] park dog friendly [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello all!

Have you guys ever thought of Taman Pendidikan Gasing? Some puppy.com members are trying to make it a weekly affair, either Saturday or Sunday. Check out the events threads. We're already past round 5 and it's lotsa fun, especially with walking through the streams. Try trekking one weekend and you guys will be hooked!

The only 'drawback'........you have to get up quite early. LaughLaugh

Check out some pics of the trek here!
http://photogallery.pets2u.com.my/...ype=2&si=phoenix

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

(This post was edited by phoenix on Mar 23, 2004, 8:41 PM)

alexnek
New User

Mar 25, 2004, 1:05 AM

Post #21 of 21 (3805 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phoenix] park dog friendly [In reply to] Can't Post

i used to jog wit my dog every tuesday at park, so far malay kids are scared but malay girls love her!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my