Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
my yorkee/chihuahua mix is in trouble!

muttlover123
New User

Feb 20, 2004, 5:55 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1400 views)
Shortcut
my yorkee/chihuahua mix is in trouble! Can't Post

She came inside from playing outside and I noticed these red spots on her inner thighs that were flat. They looked like blood so I gave her a bath but they were still there. I looked through her fur and found one on her head and one on her back. They look like perfect circles from markers but my younger sibling weren't home yet. Any clue what's wrong with her?

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 20, 2004, 9:31 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1395 views)
Shortcut
Re: [muttlover123] my yorkee/chihuahua mix is in trouble! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmm ... hard to say what is causing the red spots ... Red spots may be result of insect bites, an allergy of some sort or some infection ...

Do search in threads under "spots" ... and see if there is any information that might help ...

In the meantime - try bathing the spots with a mild solution of salt & water several times a day ... (check threads on how to prepare salt solution) ... A salt solution is a mild antiseptic and soothing ... And keep your dog off the grass ...

If insect bites or mild allergy - the salt solution and avoidance of grass may assist ...

If the spots do not go away after a couple of days then its off to the vet for proper examination and diagnosis ...

Good luck Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my