First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

mieliki
Dog Kichi

May 25, 2004, 9:13 AM

Post #51 of 67 (354 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Hi everrbody! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

Well, her bowel problem have been resolved. As for food being kept the whole day.. I haven't tried that yet. So far, whatever amount of food I put in the bowl, it would disappear in a time record. Frown

After a hearty session, she would just lay her head on my lap and start burping to her heart's content and then doze off.. I think I've gotten a pig in disguise of Basset.. *sigh*Unimpressed

Ester Ang
Novice

May 25, 2004, 9:22 AM

Post #52 of 67 (353 views)
Shortcut

Hi ..

I hv brought my puppy to the vet today. He said my puppy is alright, although he found that there is some germs in his stomach, but is small problem. The main reason he refuses to eat is because he is too picky on food! This i agree, and he said i can try to change brand of food for him often, which is quite troublesome and risky, or i can starve him so that he will eat when he is hungry. Just as u said, take away his food if he does not want to eat!

Another main problem is, the reason he scream suddenly is because of his leg problem. The vet found out that my puppy's left ankle has some prob.. he said his "ligament" ( if i m not mistaken) is loose, and that's y he feel pain sometimes when he is sleeping or playing around. He said i have to really becareful not to let him jump too much, and avoid climbing stairs that much...but.. this is quite difficult coz my puppy is very active and he just like to climb up and down... here and there...maybe that's why his leg become like this... Unsure

If i do not take care of him well, the implication is to undergo surgery!!! im very worry and try not to play with him that much starting from today.. Ai.. my poor thing... anyway, the vet said one of the possible reason for his lost of appetite and moody may be due to this reason.. i don't know... i just wish that my puppy will be alright soon....

by the way, when i ask the vet whether his leg will recover, he didn't answer me but told me to take him for surgery if necessary. but mean time no need..... PiratePirate

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 25, 2004, 2:46 PM

Post #53 of 67 (350 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mieliki] Hi everrbody! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I think she is not really a pig but a basset with big appetite. Smile As your dog grow she will eat more and more but will stop when reach around like 7 or 8 months. Then you will see your dog doesn't like to eat.........Unimpressed

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 25, 2004, 2:53 PM

Post #54 of 67 (349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ester Ang] Hi everrbody! [In reply to] Can't Post

Silky normally like to pick a lot of the food they eat. All my silkies are the same. I think the best is to let them starve if they don't want to eat. Just watch out for how long your dog didn't eat. 2 days is consider ok without food. Just make sure your dog drink water. Drinking too much water is also not a good sign. Watch out for that also.

For the leg problem mostly likely it also contribute to your dog of losing appetite. When dog is in pain they don't like to eat. Sometimes when they grow new teeth also they will stop to eat. I am sure when your dog grow up the problem with the leg will be ok. Going for surgery is not a good thing. When your dog is put to sleep for the surgery is a big risk.

By the way which vet you bring your dog to?

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

Ester Ang
Novice

May 25, 2004, 6:01 PM

Post #55 of 67 (345 views)
Shortcut

yeah...he lose appetite when in pain i guess...Frown

i brought him to Taipan, Mayo. Is a HE. Last time was a lady, but i seldom see her there nowadays. I just went there few times, e.time also they give medicine... Like yesterday, he also gave some medicine for appetite....but i personally don't like to feed my dog with medicine.Anyway, of coz i listen to what the vet say for my puppy's benefit...Unimpressed

any vet u recommend? maybe i should have another vet for second opinion sometimes...Smilei brought him to Subang Parade once, but very expensive compared to Taipan ...

mieliki
Dog Kichi

May 26, 2004, 10:53 AM

Post #56 of 67 (335 views)
Shortcut

Kitconnie,

Well.. in my personal opinion, my furkiddo's appetite does rival that of a pig at the moment. However, I do hope what you say is true. If she doesn't start loosing appetite, she's gonna be overweight in no time and that would be very bad for her spinal cord.. (Prone problem it seems with all Basset Hounds who tend to be overweight)

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 26, 2004, 2:42 PM

Post #57 of 67 (334 views)
Shortcut

I knew both of the doctors. I brought all dogs to Mayo. The doctors are quite good. There is a vet in Taman Megah. Is quite famous but a little expensive but you are sure to get good quality service from them. Do give it a try.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 26, 2004, 2:43 PM

Post #58 of 67 (333 views)
Shortcut

hahahahha..........I am sure dog can be easily over weight when they eat like there is no tomorrow. Laugh Is good to control your dog's weight it help to maintain good health for your dog.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

mieliki
Dog Kichi

May 27, 2004, 9:09 AM

Post #59 of 67 (327 views)
Shortcut

Well.. I'm trying my best to control her eating.. Only one problem.. she seems to notice the smaller portion that I'm serving her and she has decided go on rampage and start biting me very frequently as if it's telling me that she's still hungry.. *sigh*

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 27, 2004, 5:03 PM

Post #60 of 67 (323 views)
Shortcut

My pug also eat a lot and when she doesn't have enough she will show her sad face Unsure. I will just ignore her. Must be a little firm when controlling your dog's diet. If she start to bite you, you must do something to stop her like pressing on the mouth and hold it tight to stop it. If you just let it be it will become a bad habit.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

May 28, 2004, 6:39 AM

Post #61 of 67 (320 views)
Shortcut

Hello!!!!

Hmmm.... your pup is in pain and dosen't want to eat..... Have you tried to mix your pups food with chicken liver? I have 10 yrs experience with picky eater hehehe... I've found out that my dog likes to eat a certain brand, now he is half on BARF and half Purina One! I tried so so so many brands... luckily I have other dopgs to help me eat up the other food... Dogs seem to like liver, don't care raw or cooked, they love it even when got no appetite...

The one in Tmn Megah is good like what kitconnie78 said, I've been there, a little costly... I didn't bring my dog there, I brought my tortoise there coz sick and no other vet treats reptiles... The vet I go to is in Genting Kelang, cheap also! So far all my dogs are under him and there has been no problem. He is very good with dogs and gives good advice too.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

mieliki
Dog Kichi

May 28, 2004, 9:08 AM

Post #62 of 67 (319 views)
Shortcut

liver... Maybe I'll try just that.. Any harmful effects from overdose? Laugh

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 28, 2004, 2:32 PM

Post #63 of 67 (317 views)
Shortcut

Should not have any effect. Of course if eat any food also when eat too much will have some problem.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

mieliki
Dog Kichi

May 31, 2004, 2:18 PM

Post #64 of 67 (309 views)
Shortcut

ahh.. okie dokie

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 31, 2004, 6:38 PM

Post #65 of 67 (308 views)
Shortcut

What are you feeding your dog now? Dog food? Liver?

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

Ester Ang
Novice

Jun 7, 2004, 6:20 PM

Post #66 of 67 (296 views)
Shortcut

Hi guys...i m back. Been some time i didn't log in..Smile Quite busy lately...

So how are u guys going on? For me, everything is still the same. My puppy still doesn'y want to eat.. even i hv starved him .. He will only eat when he is dead hungry.. sigh... No choice, i even tried mixing yoghurt into his food. I don't know whether this is ok, but he really likes to eat yoghurt. I just mix a small teaspoon into his food, he will finish all the food in his bowl... Laugh i know this may not be the way in long run but no choice....

Crazy mouse, thanks for your advice.. but what do u mean by chicken liver? the raw one from market? or. ... sorry for asking stupid question.... Blush

Kitconnie, how are u and furkids? and Mieliki ? Hope everything is fine for all of us...

cheers!! Cool

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jun 8, 2004, 2:32 PM

Post #67 of 67 (290 views)
Shortcut

We are doing fine here. No worries about your puppy, you can try to give your puppy like egg. Make sure is fully cooked and not half boil egg. This is quite good for dog. Just try to give something different and your dog will surely eat everything. Giving yogurt is not bad but there is milk in yogurt which dog cannot digest properly. For liver is fresh liver from market. You will need to cook the liver and mash it to be mix with your dog's food.

My furkids all are doing fine. The female silky is pregnant again I guess. Cool Cannot confirm yet but hopefully this time will get more puppy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my