First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Ester Ang
Novice

Feb 17, 2004, 10:50 PM

Post #1 of 67 (1081 views)
Shortcut
Hi everrbody! Can't Post

Hi guys!! Im Ester, and im new here. Blush

Actually i have browsed thru this website many times, just that i don't really know how to post my messages here.. finally.. Tongue

I have a silky terrier, and i would like to intro him to u guys...hehe..His name is Ginzer!!

I just bought Ginzer in 2 days time, and he is currently 3++ months. I don't really know how to care about him, and i realy hope to get some help here. I hope some one can recommend suitable food for my puppy...

Im going to bring him for his 2nd vaccination tomolo... so, i hope you guys and you doggies... healthy and happy everyday...

God bless!! Smile

Concorn
ALPHA

Feb 17, 2004, 11:03 PM

Post #2 of 67 (1079 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ester Ang] Hi everrbody! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Ester,

A very big welcome to the forum.. Finally u hv logged into this forum... Pls try to post ur little Ginzer's pic...

Enjoy in this big family.
concornSmile

*Coco & Concorn*

** If It's Yours it happen to be Mine, But What Is Mine Is always Be Mine - Coco's Motto**

Coco Leng Lui Album
~ latest update Oct 02

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Feb 18, 2004, 12:29 AM

Post #3 of 67 (1076 views)
Shortcut

Hi and welcome to the forum!! Have fun!! Wink

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

putra

Feb 18, 2004, 1:05 AM

Post #4 of 67 (1073 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ester,

Welcome . me too is new to my dog, first timer. but i own my dog for almost 11 month liao. Every thing goes well except i have to leave him at my hometown at this moment.

popeye

ladee_m
Doggyman

Feb 18, 2004, 1:46 AM

Post #5 of 67 (1071 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ester & Ginzer Smile

Welcome to doggies world... this is as good as it can get in M'sia for all doggie lovers to hand out!... so happy to have you be part of us...

hope you and youe new furkid have many great times to come... ENJOY

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

jennifer6636
K9 Maniac

Feb 18, 2004, 3:23 AM

Post #6 of 67 (1070 views)
Shortcut

hello Ester n Ginzer, a warm welcome to the forum, do hv fun n enjoy ya..Smile

nathalie
Doggyman

Feb 18, 2004, 4:57 AM

Post #7 of 67 (1067 views)
Shortcut

hi ester n ginzer,

warm welcome to the both of u

there r lots of nice ppl here, so u'll definitely get all the helps u wanted Smile

dpelican

Feb 18, 2004, 6:41 AM

Post #8 of 67 (1063 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

Welcome to the forum and you are indeed in the right place. Browse through the forum and you can find a lot of tips and FAQs on raising a dog. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask them in the forum. There are bound to be people who has some experience to share with you and your dog.

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 18, 2004, 7:50 PM

Post #9 of 67 (1059 views)
Shortcut

Greetings Ester & Ginzer...

Hehe... Great to hear that you've got yourself a furry friend!! TongueTongueTongue Anyway, you can get loads of information regarding the breed from the Net... However, loads of info here as well on how to care for your dog.

I would advise you to find out more about the breed as you might need to be aware of some of the diseases that Ginzer may be prone to...TongueTongue Better be safe than sorry... Wink

Anyway, have fun here!!

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Feb 18, 2004, 9:56 PM

Post #10 of 67 (1055 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ester & Ginzer,

welcome to the forum ya ! there is lots of silky owners in there too and I'm sure that they are more than willing to share their knowledge with u in caring for a silky ! enjoy and good luck !

cheers,
minglmy

JolinG
Doggyman

Feb 18, 2004, 11:50 PM

Post #11 of 67 (1052 views)
Shortcut

hie.....welcome to the forum!...
hope u enjoy urself here.......

dog food?.......get those that are suitable for ur puppies age.......usualy dog food formulated for puppies.......theres no certain choice of dog food...usually u have to test it out urself..but i recommend u go for those premium dog food like nut*Ro,........or holistic wan like Canid*e

xyne
Doggyman

Feb 20, 2004, 12:18 AM

Post #12 of 67 (1049 views)
Shortcut

helloo... welcome to the forum!!!! Wink

Ester Ang
Novice

Feb 26, 2004, 6:39 PM

Post #13 of 67 (1042 views)
Shortcut

Hey guys...thanks for your encouragement! I have some problems and hope that you guys can give me a hand on this.....

My Ginzer,he is 3++ months now, is extremely naughty nowadays.... He is forever hungry, and just like to lick and search for anything on the floor and try to eat it! He eat almost everything as well! He even bite off the wood from doors to eat it. Whenever my family is eating, he will just jump and asking for food... so eagerly, even just after i feed him.I feed him 3 times per day, and i can see that he really eat enuf... but...Is this really ok? My mum even gave him a nickname of " vacum cleaner "

And when i bought him back about 2 weeks ago, i trained him to poo and pee in the toilet where i put newpapers there, and he really did listen. Of coz i rewarded him.But few days ago till now, he never want to listen to me anymore.. he just pee and poo anywhere.. and whenever we see him doing his business, he will finish it quickily and hide somewhere... and he even show us the sign that he is scared, such as lying on the floor with his hands and legs upwards. Im so headache with this boy! i think he is trying to get our attention... How to solve this? I tried using those puppy trainer, where the chemical smell like his urine, but still useless...Unsure

Ester Ang
Novice

Feb 26, 2004, 6:42 PM

Post #14 of 67 (1041 views)
Shortcut

Plz help...

I don't really know how to post my message in the forum. I just click "reply" in the box where i posted my message. Is this the right way??

shlee
Doggyman

Feb 26, 2004, 6:59 PM

Post #15 of 67 (1039 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ester,

A warm welcome here! You are having a loving, adorable, but naughty puppy now. But i'm sure you are enjoying yourself too while playing with him, don't you?

Don't worry too much about your doggie. All the puppy is like that. Everything for him is fresh now, thus he wanted to eat anything he can, especially when you are eating, he wanted to try your food too. His growing teeth is itchy, that's why he likes to bite thing like shoes. All the puppies will go through this stage.

My advice is you have to be patient. Reward and punishment must be applied together. Once he does something wrong, you have to do something like either beat him or cage him. But as i heard, don't beat him by rotan. Maybe you can use a roll of paper. You must be consistant for doing this, then later your puppy will learn the right behaviour. Smile

*****Pls help to look for my MiMi (refer to my avatar for her pic)*****
*****MiMi, where are you now? I miss you.....*****

kcsy
K9 Maniac

Feb 26, 2004, 8:33 PM

Post #16 of 67 (1037 views)
Shortcut

hi, esther and ginzer!

welcome to the forum. hope to hear more about u and ginzer. Smile

Wink Krystle & Oki Wink

Ester Ang
Novice

Feb 27, 2004, 12:18 AM

Post #17 of 67 (1032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shlee] Hi everrbody! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks a lot!

I think i really need to be patient and trained him to be a good boy!

Thank you and good day~

shlee
Doggyman

Feb 27, 2004, 12:23 AM

Post #18 of 67 (1031 views)
Shortcut

Any pic of ur doggie to show? Keen to meet ur naughty boy Cool

Ester Ang
Novice

Feb 27, 2004, 12:36 AM

Post #19 of 67 (1030 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shlee] Hi everrbody! [In reply to] Can't Post

No problem, i will post it up soon...Blush

But i guess i really need to brush up my skills in uploading my puppy's pic here...:)

shlee
Doggyman

Feb 27, 2004, 12:39 AM

Post #20 of 67 (1029 views)
Shortcut

Don't worry. I will be patient enough to wait for ur doggie cute cute pic Wink

Ester Ang
Novice

Mar 2, 2004, 3:11 AM

Post #21 of 67 (1020 views)
Shortcut

Hey guys..

I need some help here... may i know whether it is alright to feed my ST with one type of food or do i need to change the brand often? I found that he is doing well with the food. I am feeding him Eukanuba, and he is currently 4 months.

Another question is, what age does my ST considered grown and need to change to adult food?

Thank you and good days...Smile

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Mar 5, 2004, 3:46 AM

Post #22 of 67 (1009 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

For silky normally the food we don't want to change the brand. This is because silky sometimes can be very choosy. When you change the food it will not eat the old food and will always want something new to eat. Eukanuba is good enough for your dog. Currently I have 2 adults silky and 1 puppy which is also eating Eukanuba. Becareful what you feed your dog this will effect the colour on its coat.

For silky you can feed it with adult food when it reach 1 year old. Silky will be consider fully grown like around after 1 1/2 years.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

Ester Ang
Novice

Mar 5, 2004, 8:04 AM

Post #23 of 67 (1005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Hi everrbody! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks a lot...

i really need more advice on this..:)

So your silky terriers must be very nice

anyway, i notice there are not really much hair, or should i say that his coat is not thick compared to what i saw from books or from pictures in this website. So im kinda worry about him. Is it normal because he is now only 4 months?

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Mar 5, 2004, 8:12 AM

Post #24 of 67 (1001 views)
Shortcut

Normally silky they should not have too thick coat but should thin and long enough. My female silky if you look in the picture in the photo gallery it has very thick coat and long hair. You can say it looks nice but according to silky standard is should not be that thick.

If you are worry about your silky's hair will not grow long enough I suggest you give it some supplement like "IN" or "Vital Energy". To make the hair glossy you can give your dog "Primrose Oil (Pure primrose oil not tablet) ". Food you give to your dog is also important. Don't feed them any human food.

My female silky has been taking it for 1 year + now and its hair is really nice and also smooth + soft. My male silky has just been awarded Malaysian Champion title last month. Hopefully my female will be Champion also. Wink

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

Ester Ang
Novice

Mar 5, 2004, 8:25 AM

Post #25 of 67 (998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Hi everrbody! [In reply to] Can't Post

ok, thanks for your advice

i will try to get them, and i think usually pet shops selling the primrose oil right?

Wow...your silky must be very nice then..how i wish my ginzer also grow to be healthy and Handsome..Smile

My puppy likes to eat a lot... also everything and never be full or enough... ai.. headache.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my