Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
How can they do that to the mongrel dogs?

Carey
Novice

Feb 15, 2004, 7:28 PM

Post #1 of 11 (973 views)
Shortcut
How can they do that to the mongrel dogs? Can't Post

Kindly click on this website if you don't know mandarin: www.petszone-tw.com/01-2.wmv

在整個國家的流浪狗政策都主張「以殺制量」的時代,「安樂死」成為人類屠殺其他動物的合法藉口,可是,因為執行者不尊重生命,成為當今最嚴重的問題之一。安樂死的合理性一直受到爭議,究竟人類有沒有權利決定這些動物的生死?安樂死完全不痛苦嗎?

根據估計,台灣犬隻總數量有一百七十萬隻,其中超過一百四十萬隻沒有絕育,而農委會公布的重要施政計畫,卻沒有將犬隻絕育列入施政目標。關懷生命協會以台北市動物之家推估流浪動物捕殺成本,結果發現加上人事、管理成本後,每捕殺一隻流浪狗需花費新台幣四千八百多元。陳建銘指出,絕育比捕殺每隻要便宜兩千三百元以上,且每隻流浪動物一進公立收容所,就要花三千六百多元,七天後就必須安樂死,如果交由民間收容所,相同的經費可以飼養一百八十天。

請支持「以絕育代替捕殺」!

台灣每年有五至六萬隻狗死在收容所,我們希望能藉由良好的絕育措施,將死亡的數目減到現在的一半以下。這不是什麼天方夜譚,每年收容所認領養就有13000隻,若強制將這些動物絕育,再加強其他的絕育獎勵計畫,每年增加絕育兩萬隻並不是難事。減少兩萬隻有生育能力的動物,街上自然會少幾萬隻流浪動物,收容所安樂死及病亡數減半是理所當然的。省下的收容所費用可供作絕育經費,不會增加社會的負擔。

如果這個絕育計畫成為事實,每年可以減少犧牲數萬隻流浪動物,在數十年內,就有上百萬的動物得救!請您支持這個計畫,在您有生之年,可以拯救上百萬個生命!

===========================================
v

jooann
Enthusiast

Feb 16, 2004, 8:00 PM

Post #2 of 11 (949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Carey] How can they do that to the mongrel dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh my gosh!!!! This is so sick!!!! Frown Heartless humans.... :,(

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Feb 16, 2004, 9:20 PM

Post #3 of 11 (947 views)
Shortcut

This is nothing new. It has been going on for quite a long time already. It came out in the local Chinese dailies a few months back.

Damn sickening! PiratePirate

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

kesuke
Doggyman

Feb 16, 2004, 9:22 PM

Post #4 of 11 (946 views)
Shortcut

this is soooo sick....MadMad that is why neutering and spaying doggies is soooooooooooo important!!! everyone should netuer/spay their dogs if they have no intention of breeding them..this would greatly reduce unwanted dogs on the streets, be it mongrel or purebreds.

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

a_evie
Doggyman

Feb 17, 2004, 12:24 AM

Post #5 of 11 (938 views)
Shortcut

pure insanity.

why can't humans be more humane?

was very upset a couple of days back when i saw a local daily showing the pic of chicken farm workers hitting the chickens to death! damn!

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Feb 17, 2004, 10:04 PM

Post #6 of 11 (926 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] How can they do that to the mongrel dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

Humans have actually become the source of animal extinction. So sad!!

The pic of people hitting the chicken wasn't so bad. Remember the Bukti Pelanduk incident? There was a short clip on TV where those pigs were whacked to death!!
Damn teruk!!

Sigh......

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 17, 2004, 11:42 PM

Post #7 of 11 (923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phoenix] How can they do that to the mongrel dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

wonder how they sleep well at night....or they have lost all feelings of compassion..Mad

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Feb 18, 2004, 12:25 AM

Post #8 of 11 (921 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] How can they do that to the mongrel dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure some can and some can't sleep at night. I'm sure that there is a still small handful of them who are compassionate. Maybe they had to whack the pigs (and chickens) coz it's their job. Maybe they didn't have any choice.

As for the dogs in Taiwan, it's actually the people's fault. All caused by over-breeding and I guess the public is not educated about spaying and neutering. But I think they should use a much more humane way rather than what their doing now.

Sigh.....welcome to the REAL world!!! Unsure Imagine if those dogs were us, humans. Gosh, that would torture!!

- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

a_evie
Doggyman

Feb 18, 2004, 2:43 AM

Post #9 of 11 (918 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz, phoenix] How can they do that to the mongrel dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

i think some of these folks are absolutely devoid of any human compassion.

job or not...i'll find it impossible to batter the poor helpless animals. i mean the chicken pic and yes, bukit pelanduk incident...it is just too much. surely there is other ways to put them down. and cost shd not be an issue...again i wonder what did the govt offer the farmers in return of having to put down the said animals.

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Feb 19, 2004, 8:04 PM

Post #10 of 11 (908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] How can they do that to the mongrel dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote :
" i think some of these folks are absolutely devoid of any human compassion."

Yeah, totally!! Totally none!! Zilch!!!

I think most probably, cost was the issue. To them it's like, 'the animals are diseased anyway, so no need to spend so much money putting them down the humane way'. There are hundreds and hundreds to be put down and I think they had no 'budget'. Maybe 10 or 20 animals is okay but hundreds?

Sigh...so sad..

- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

ITKS
Novice

Feb 25, 2004, 5:53 AM

Post #11 of 11 (896 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phoenix] How can they do that to the mongrel dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

I would really like to see that b***ard (in the videoclip) going one on one with a bigger breed (Rottie, Pitbulls etc.). I'd bet he won't feel so confident with that syringe anymore.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my