Pet grooming shop

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Jan 30, 2002, 8:32 PM

Post #1 of 44 (13794 views)
Shortcut
     Pet grooming shop  

Anyone know of a good grooming place in PJ or KL?

Pat

Feb 4, 2002, 8:40 PM

Post #2 of 44 (13773 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Rainbow] Pet grooming shop [In reply to]  

There is a pet shop in Sec 14 which does hydra bath, boarding and grooming, its called "My Pet Hourse". I have not tried grooming my dog but was impressed with the cleanliness when my dog visited the boarding area. I think they charge very reasonably but most of all they are very friendly to dogs. (I bring my dog along whenever I visit the shop)Smile
Pat, David
parents to Kiki-nicole choa

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Feb 7, 2002, 4:00 AM

Post #3 of 44 (13764 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Pat] Pet grooming shop [In reply to]  

Thanks Pat...will pay the shop a visit. By the way, found this website...looks quite decent as well...

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Jun 6, 2003, 2:08 PM)

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 7, 2002, 4:46 AM

Post #4 of 44 (13763 views)
Shortcut

Visited the site groomingdales. This company is a subsidiary of Animal Medical Centre. The parent company is called Medivet and they are the sole agent for Science Diet dog food and related doggie products.
It has to look impressive and decent, because one visit for a complete job will set you back RM150, for a small breed which include, shampoo, grooming, and manicure. A Cocker will cost you RM2+ and an English Setter will be RM3+
Anyway, for those who keep long-haired WoWo, there is nothing better to join up MKA and learn from fellow members. Agreed or not?
Regards.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Feb 7, 2002, 4:56 AM

Post #5 of 44 (13762 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Derrickok] Pet grooming shop [In reply to]  

Actually I called and asked and their basic.. bath, manicure, etc is $80 for my wowo. But that posting was before I met Mr Benny.....Smile

May
Old Hand

Feb 22, 2002, 10:54 PM

Post #6 of 44 (13743 views)
Shortcut

Can I have their contact number and address please? I would like to send my pup for grooming.

Pat

Feb 22, 2002, 11:24 PM

Post #7 of 44 (13740 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [May] Pet grooming shop [In reply to]  

Its My Pet House
Pat, David

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Apr 18, 2002, 3:27 AM)

May
Old Hand

Feb 22, 2002, 11:27 PM

Post #8 of 44 (13739 views)
Shortcut

Thanks.

May
Old Hand

Mar 26, 2002, 6:55 PM

Post #9 of 44 (13710 views)
Shortcut

I have sent my pup for grooming last Sunday and was impressed with the job done. The charges are reasonable too.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Mar 26, 2002, 7:04 PM

Post #10 of 44 (13709 views)
Shortcut

how much did they charge May??

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Rainbow -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

May
Old Hand

Mar 26, 2002, 7:43 PM

Post #11 of 44 (13707 views)
Shortcut

Syampoo, bath, nail clipping, anal gland cleaning, ear cleaning and whole body trimming for RM70 plus 10% discount. The pet shop at MV charge RM120 for a 5 months old Shih Tzu.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Mar 28, 2002, 12:39 AM

Post #12 of 44 (13695 views)
Shortcut

Thanks May Smile

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Rainbow -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

bearbeartiger
Novice

Apr 12, 2002, 4:47 PM

Post #13 of 44 (13672 views)
Shortcut

Blush hi can anybody tell me whether my chowchow puppy needs grooming? coz i bath him once a week sometimes 5 days once coz can't stand the smells.I wonder where does the smells come from. I heard that it is becoz of the foodUnsure ? i fed him with Royal Canine till now and he is goint o be 1 yrs ( 9 mths now) old and i would like to change his diet. Any suggestion??Crazy recently his coat tends to shed heavily especially on the tights and then there is slight brown dots on the tights skin. i wonder whether the dog food that i fed him is too salty?Unsure

can anybosy help meFrown i'm very worryPirate

bye!!

Pat

Apr 15, 2002, 10:25 PM

Post #14 of 44 (13659 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [bearbeartiger] Pet grooming shop [In reply to]  

Dear Bear2tiger,

I am not sure if there is a "need" for grooming but I think regular brushing is necessary so that their fur do not form knots. Is just like us cutting our hair, there is no "need" to cut your hair if it is not messy or bordering you, you will cut it because you want to look good (or if the weather is too hot for long hair).

As for doggie smell, it could be the food, weather (especially during raining season) or even health. But some doggie smell is inherent in the dog and it is quite normal that they start to smell "unfresh" after 5 days.You may put it on a new diet and monitor it for a week, or alternatively, use a shampoo that is stronger for odour but bear in mind that the smell could be normal.

As the thigh and leg area involve a lot of activities and friction, it is not surprising that the fur shed heavily in that area and occasional spots and rashes are seen. If the rashes flare up into patches then there is more cause to see a vet.

Regards,

Patricia
Pat, David

bearbeartiger
Novice

Apr 16, 2002, 1:54 AM

Post #15 of 44 (13654 views)
Shortcut

Dear Pat,

Thanks for your advice. I do brush him everyday Blush and he enjoy itCool. However when i reach his back or the tail area he tends to move away and bite meCrazy maybe that part is sensitive huhUnsure. But i have to brush becoz he tends to lick himself and cause the fur to be matte and i suspect that's the main cause y his furs to shed till botak

yest i brought him to the pet shop and then according to them, the spots are due to mild irritation. However they suggest me to use another type of shampoo which is very costlyUnsure RM 168 a bottle Tongue i'm not too sure whether to buy it or not. so i think it is better for me to seek advice here rather than listening to those shop owner promoting their products.

Pat

Apr 16, 2002, 5:35 PM

Post #16 of 44 (13645 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

It is normal for dogs to lick themselves and it does not cause shedding. If the mild rashes persist, do not bring your puppy to the Pet shop, take it to the vet.

Regards,

Pat
Pat, David

Dar
Dog Kichi

Apr 20, 2002, 1:11 AM

Post #17 of 44 (13623 views)
Shortcut

I’m feeding Royal Canine but I don’t have the smell problem. I don’t really know about royal canine for small dogs but The Royal Canine for large breed puppy is a high protein dog food, 36% protein so as the puppy grows his protein in take must be cut down I read that to much protein will coz sports and hair lost. I am talking about the AGR 36.

I personally feel you need not buy shampoo for RM168 unless you want toolah. Yes we shampoo our dogs often but do you think it is really needed? I used to shampoo my dogs once a week but now I shampoo them once a month and I find that they do not shed that much coz you will find some dead hair now and then which is normal .I bath them every week without any shampoo or what so ever and brush them every 2 days.

Dar

magicwizard
Novice

Nov 29, 2002, 8:12 PM

Post #18 of 44 (13528 views)
Shortcut

hi everyone,

been quiet a while since i post message here. just thought of coming back here and see what's new.

i've been going to a pet shop in Subang SS19 for my shih tzu grooming and so far i am very satisfy with the works done. their charge is very reasonanle too. a full grooming cost only RM60 no matter you got tangle or you want new style or whatever. but of course there is no hydra bath here (wat's this?). as for the shop in Sec 14 PJ, i went there and enquire once and they charge RM80 for grooming and shall you need extra service like your dog fur got mat, they charge extra!

you can find this pet shop in SS19 easily as it is besides the main road of SS19 (2-3 shop away from McDOnald). i got to know this place from her husband as they have another shop in usj Smile

hope it helps for those who need some professional grooming. oh by the way, i send my shih tzu there at least once a month, coz its cheap mar!

May
Old Hand

Nov 29, 2002, 8:29 PM

Post #19 of 44 (13524 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [magicwizard] Pet grooming shop [In reply to]  

Thanks for the info.

Normally I send my dog to the petshop at SS14 for grooming. It's quite far from my house I am searching for a nearer grooming centre. Do you have any suggestion? I'm staying in Sri Damansara.

galwina
Novice

Dec 2, 2002, 9:58 PM

Post #20 of 44 (13509 views)
Shortcut

hi

I have kept my silence all this while about the shop at SS14, P.J.

It took us quite a while to recover from the trauma.
Our male Shih Tzu was limping, ear bleeding and watery and his paw got trimmed too depp and got cut. (We tought he was depressed and sad after his grooming in the beginning as we were so angry bother not to check on him there before leaving)

We sent Bobo into for a summer trim and he came back almost bald. The reason given was miscommunication and many sorry in return.9 (imaagine the hair cut for a female Shih Tzu after given birth) it is also our fault to leave him unattended for a while to get money from ATM nearby.

It disgusted us most was they charge us still.

O, We just can't go on writing this

This is our testimonial
Tham & Florence

May
Old Hand

Dec 2, 2002, 10:09 PM

Post #21 of 44 (13507 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [galwina] Pet grooming shop [In reply to]  

Thanks for sharing, Tham & Florence.

Actually, besides being far from my house another reason I'm looking for another groomer is because I realise that after each grooming session, my dog was so scared and doesn't behave like her normal self. After the first session, she doesn't let me clip her nails anymore.

On the last grooming session, the job was done in 30 minutes (without clipping) and I noticed that I can even do better than them. I was quite upset but I just pay and went off. A few days after that I brought her to my friend's place but she doesn't want to get into the car. I just picked her up and putted her into the car. She make a lot of noise along the journey. Buton the way back, she was ok. Maybe she thinks I bring her for grooming again.

So now where do you send your dogs for grooming?

(This post was edited by May on Dec 2, 2002, 10:12 PM)

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Dec 3, 2002, 5:33 PM

Post #22 of 44 (13499 views)
Shortcut

There's a pet shop right next to my mum's office which offers grooming services. They seem quite professional, and are friendly people. I haven't sent my dogs there though, but I've seen them groom other dogs before and didn't notice any "manhandling" of the dog.

The location is SS22/23 Damansara Jaya.

-= Tisha =-

galwina
Novice

Dec 3, 2002, 7:23 PM

Post #23 of 44 (13494 views)
Shortcut

from that day onward, we avoid sending dogs in for grooming. Its best that we do it ourself. Not blindly but through reading and consultation from the professional. For Shih tzu, we keep their coat long and avoid unnecessary trimming. just tie them -up. Florence is good with that. As for their fur, they seldom shed as we really particular about their food intake and bathing them with good shampoos.Smile, They never have been so much happier and livelier.
As for me, I handle more on the large breed dog. To date I have two growing Rott, A gsd and a young beagle.
Wow? Please don't.
Just keep our time occupy.
kind regards

May
Old Hand

Dec 3, 2002, 7:42 PM

Post #24 of 44 (13492 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [galwina] Pet grooming shop [In reply to]  

u mentioned that "shih tzu fur seldom shed as we really particular about their food intake and bathing them with good shampoos." I noticed that my dog's fur always shed and it will stick all over my shirt and pants. I'm feeding her with Science diet and fish oil supplement and bath her with Fido dog shampoo.

Appreciate for your advice.

Have a nice day.

galwina
Novice

Dec 4, 2002, 5:47 PM

Post #25 of 44 (13484 views)
Shortcut

try for once pay attention to your doggie's fur. Has the color from the new strand of hair start getting lighter in color? If does, the shampoo you are using could be too harsh ar the dilution is too dense. Avoid pumping shampoo or pouring it straight in his body. It will do sufficient damage. Dilute it in a container first. If budget is allowing, Try biogroom's Protein Linoline for shampoo and Vita -Oil for conditioning. It works on our girl.

As for the food, try Eukanumbe premium performance or EaglePack Holistic Pack. Will not be expensive. Contact us. p/s Search for Galwina.

Also treat her with IN- supplement.
iTS worth all the hassle and $$$.
Smile
opps plenty of water too
Cheers

Tham& Florence

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my