Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Contradiction between swimming and bathing

silky
Novice

Nov 26, 2002, 7:33 AM

Post #1 of 17 (2817 views)
Shortcut
Contradiction between swimming and bathing Can't Post

We are so careful for not letting water gets into their ears during bath, otherwise it will get infected. Some even said it may cause deaf. But what about dogs that love to swim and worse, swimming in sea water. Especially Ang Moi loves to do that to their dogs. Isn't it water is sure to get in ? So are there any contradiction?

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 26, 2002, 8:36 AM

Post #2 of 17 (2815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [silky] Contradiction between swimming and bathing [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Silky,

I'm not sure in general how the other dogs cope with water getting into their ears while swimming but I took my dog to the beach for swimming quite often before and he never had any problems with water going in....I noticed while he's swimming he'd try his best to keep his head high up above water level and at times when a wave hits right towards his ears he'd shake his head while swimming to get the water out...I suppose that's one way they know how to get the water out themselves.....here are a few pics of him swimming Laugh he just LOVES the water!

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 26, 2002, 9:40 AM

Post #3 of 17 (2812 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Contradiction between swimming and bathing [In reply to] Can't Post

oh mygosh... he's so cute!!!!! He's sure gonna miss the sea now he's a city dog huh?

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 26, 2002, 9:51 AM

Post #4 of 17 (2810 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Contradiction between swimming and bathing [In reply to] Can't Post

Yah i'm sure he misses the beach and his doggie friends back in Penang...but hey, there's always new found friends to be made and to pester Tongue

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 27, 2002, 12:47 AM

Post #5 of 17 (2791 views)
Shortcut

Those are great pictures! He looks like he was born to swim, lol...

-= Tisha =-

boon
Doggyman

Nov 27, 2002, 7:20 PM

Post #6 of 17 (2778 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ginl,

Is these the pics that u took from the beach behind hotel ?

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

May
Old Hand

Nov 27, 2002, 8:47 PM

Post #7 of 17 (2776 views)
Shortcut

Wow!!! That's great. I hope I can let my dog to swim like that too. Too bad I can't as she has quite long coat. Very hard to blow dry. But the most important is I don't trust her off leash.

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 27, 2002, 9:41 PM

Post #8 of 17 (2773 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Contradiction between swimming and bathing [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Boon....yah the pics came frm that day behind .

May, that day we had a poodle and a maltese in the water too....when they went halfway u cud see the lower half being very skinny compared to the top fluffy half Laugh quite a funny sight coz of the long coat!

May
Old Hand

Nov 27, 2002, 10:01 PM

Post #9 of 17 (2771 views)
Shortcut

I know how does it look like.

Even everytime after bathing, I could not recognise my dog. She looks so different...hahaha. I think Penang is more dogs friendly than KL. U r lucky, ginl.

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 27, 2002, 10:08 PM

Post #10 of 17 (2769 views)
Shortcut

I was in Penang....moved to PJ already, so guess I'm not so lucky anymore? Tongue

Yeah I guess like a lot of other stuff, KL is more strict compared to other states.

May
Old Hand

Nov 27, 2002, 10:27 PM

Post #11 of 17 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Where do you bring your dog now? I find that it's very difficult to brng my dog out, even around the neighbourhood cos we are living in a dog unfriendly place.

One of my neighbour dog got killed by another neighbour (a dog owner too) cos he don't like the dog. What a cruel person he is.

I don't even let my dog roaming around our car poach as I'm afraid someone will poison her. I keep her indoor always.

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 27, 2002, 10:41 PM

Post #12 of 17 (2765 views)
Shortcut

I've heard all these stories about dognapping and dog poisoning so I'm being very wary too....so far my neighbourhood seems alright coz there are quite a number of dogs around and I see ppl bringing their dogs out for walks in the evening....my next door neighbour are muslims and they don't seem to mind my dog...their children even like to play run and chase with him across the fence, just that they can't touch him.

Haven't brought him anywhere yet except for a bit of walk around my area....coz after living in an apartment in Penang this hse is like a castle to him LOL....he enjoys poking around the garden....but he does miss his car rides coz I used to take him for his exercise by car and now everytime we open the car door he'd jump inside the car and refuses to come out....pity him sometimes Unsure....guess next time i'll take him to the taman kiara coz my place is not very far frm there.

boon
Doggyman

Nov 27, 2002, 11:58 PM

Post #13 of 17 (2759 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ginl,

So where r u coming back to meet all of us in Japanese Garden ? Will u be back for the penang show and r u going to the agility gathering this coming saturday in Kota Kemunting ?SmileTongue

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 28, 2002, 12:05 AM

Post #14 of 17 (2758 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Contradiction between swimming and bathing [In reply to] Can't Post

Yep, going for the party this sat....I was thinking of going back to Penang for the show mainly because of the obedience trial (not participating but cheering!)...but last i heard the obedience trial has been cancelled and date of trial TBA so will not go back for the December show after all...will go back during X'mas and if there's class during that time will definately drop by and kacau-kacau Tongue

boon
Doggyman

Nov 28, 2002, 12:13 AM

Post #15 of 17 (2756 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ginl,
OK then see u this saturday and did u update ur name in the list prepared by Jason, this is because Ms Lim need to order the sufficient of Nasi Lemak for the gathering.
Thanz many Cheers. & don forget to hug "biscuit" on my behalf. Hope i get the name right ? [:PCrazy

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 28, 2002, 12:17 AM

Post #16 of 17 (2755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Contradiction between swimming and bathing [In reply to] Can't Post

Our names are already there and yep u got it right....see ya this saturday then! Smile

boon
Doggyman

Nov 28, 2002, 12:36 AM

Post #17 of 17 (2753 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ginl,

Heheheh, may be my eye is too small, overlook or underlook hahahahha....Tongue

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my