Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
The MPSJ ruling of dog ownership -questions answered.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 21, 2004, 6:07 AM

Post #26 of 35 (5102 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] The MPSJ ruling of dog ownership -questions answered. [In reply to] Can't Post

hey girl. me sending a letter to thestar too. here's the add..editor@thestar.com.my

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 21, 2004, 8:15 AM

Post #27 of 35 (5099 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream] The MPSJ ruling of dog ownership -questions answered. [In reply to] Can't Post

oh okie, thanks for the mail. will write up if something *pops* up my mind.

share ur letter here too la

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Feb 23, 2004, 8:45 PM

Post #28 of 35 (5093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter, icezcream] The MPSJ ruling of dog ownership -questions answered. [In reply to] Can't Post

lets ALL write a letter to the star too hehehehe.... more support mar like that as we make more noise hopefully someone will help n support us as doggie owner's case too.

cheers,
minglmy

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Feb 24, 2004, 4:11 PM

Post #29 of 35 (5084 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] The MPSJ ruling of dog ownership -questions answered. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi everyone,

Please write in and voice your opinion. The ruling is absolutely ridiculous. Here's my letter which was published on Sunday 22/2, but it has been heavily edited (I guess the editor felt that I was too critical). There's a letter by another reader too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Better ways to resolve dog problem

I TOTALLY agree with Dr E.C. Tan, “Dogged by biased ruling” (The Star, Feb 19). On the other hand, I was disappointed with the response from Annoyed, “Dog licence ruling can bring back quiet nights” (The Star, Feb 20).

If one had read Dr Tan’s letter properly, one would have to immediately agree that it is the lack of enforcement against errant dog owners which is the source of the problem.

There are better ways to resolve this issue. A good start would be for the affected neighbours to “communicate”, which is desperately lacking nowadays.

Instead, people just know how to complain against anything and everything. Sadly, the Subang Jaya Municipal Council ruling merely reflects just how inept local councils are.

IVAN,

Kuala Lumpur

Ruling on pet dogs ridiculous and unfair

AS a dog lover, I am disturbed to read Dr E.C. Tan’s letter, “Dogged by biased ruling” (The Star, Feb 19).

As far as I know, only the Johor Baru and Subang Jaya Municipal Councils have such a ruling, which will make dog owners indebted to their neighbours.

This is a strange, ridiculous and unfair ruling. What happens when the neighbours are not on good terms or envious of each other?

Destroy the dogs? Offer them for adoption? Or simply let them off as strays? Please remember that pets are very often considered as members of the family. No sensible person would simply abandon his loved ones.

What about other pets such as birds, fishes and cats? They do have zoonotic diseases that affect humans, and they may be a nuisance, too.

Cats can climb and they like to stray into other people’s compounds. My neighbour’s cats often defecate in my garden and also like to sleep on the roof and bonnet of my car.

They leave their vomit and scratch marks on my car’s paintwork. They steal food, and topple and mess up my rubbish bin.

When a female cat is on heat, the whole neighbourhood can expect some sleepless nights. I never complain or fuss over it simply because I have accepted it.

The relevant authorities should rescind such an outlandish ruling because all animals have the right to live and be what they are.

What will the municipal councils think of next? Get your neighbour’s permission first before you cook just because the “offensive” smell of your cooking may waft over to them?

DR K.S. TAN

Kangar, Perlis

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Feb 24, 2004, 6:23 PM

Post #30 of 35 (5081 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snoopydog] The MPSJ ruling of dog ownership -questions answered. [In reply to] Can't Post

i guess that was u when i saw the name :)

cheers,
minglmy

dodo888
Dog Kichi

Mar 26, 2004, 5:02 AM

Post #31 of 35 (5063 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] The MPSJ ruling of dog ownership -questions answered. [In reply to] Can't Post

H Hunter,

may i know how big is 1000sq meter?

thanks

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 27, 2004, 8:01 AM

Post #32 of 35 (5058 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dodo888] The MPSJ ruling of dog ownership -questions answered. [In reply to] Can't Post

hi dodo

sorry but i don't exactly know how big is it as it was just simply copied from MPSJ's leaflet.

dodo888
Dog Kichi

Apr 2, 2004, 12:27 AM

Post #33 of 35 (5038 views)
Shortcut

thanks

icebobby
New User

Apr 14, 2005, 6:36 AM

Post #34 of 35 (4791 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Apa Syarat-syarat Yang Perlu Dipatuhi Untuk Mendapatkan Lesen Anjing?
-Memberikan bukti pemeriksaan kesihatan dan suntikan pelalian anjing berkenaan
oleh doktor veterinar yang berdaftar atau Pegawai Haiwan Kerajaan
-Pemohon dikehendaki membayar RM 15.00 untuk lesen anjing tersebut
-Perlu memperolehi serta mendapat keizinan secara bertulis daripada jiran terdekat

Hi everyone!!! I have a very SERIOUS problem here.. I adopted a puppy from SPCA last few months.. and she is so adorable... and importantly.. she did not has 'LICENSE" yet. and recently.. my neighbour juz complained to me my puppy droppings are very smelly.. and they quite pissed with that... Obviously.. I don't think i will get approval from my neighbour since they are so sick of animals... Check with those owners oledi applied this year, 1. is this got a form to fill up or do i type a formal letter and ask for the signature? 2. and i called the MPSJ juz now.. and the officer told me... they will do spot check once I apply the license... is this true? 3. Whut is the most diffcult process in the whole process?? 4. Anything else I need to take note??? Pls help me.. S.O.S BEST Regards!!

icebobby
New User

Apr 14, 2005, 5:36 PM

Post #35 of 35 (4784 views)
Shortcut

anyone can help??

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my