Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Games with puppies?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DoggiePuppy

Feb 10, 2004, 7:23 AM

Post #26 of 50 (1011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aragorn2976] Games with puppies? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup, guilty look is the word. That's why its so hard for me to discipline her sometimes, once you get her to stop doing what she is doing, she will lie down and look up with that kinda eye...you just won't do anything else other than to pet her and there she goes crazy again.
------------------------------------------------------------
<-----Looks like a cockroach from this picture!!

jooann
Enthusiast

Feb 11, 2004, 12:33 AM

Post #27 of 50 (1006 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DoggiePuppy] Games with puppies? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi! Zoe is so cute!

I play chasing and running with Sushi too, she loves it. Laugh End up i'm more tired than her! So i carry her downstairs (she doesnt know how to go down at all yet, and will bark and bark at me when i go down myself and leave her up there!) and run up the stairs with her, makes her more tired. I also didnt know that climbing stairs was bad for young puppies.... why is that so?

And she loves chewing and squeaking her squeaky toy, the one in my avatar.... She likes playing ball too... bell-ball (now likes it less already!), and bouncy rubber ball really amuses her... She chews her rawhide bone too but she is unable to cause any 'damage' to her rawhide yet.... hehe.

Hmm... she also thinks her leash is her toy and will chew on it whenever i put it on her Crazy

She loves her teddy bear, which was bigger than her but now vice-versa already. She'll sleep on it, bite and fling it around.... cuddle with it.... so cute.... her only fren when i'm not around mah Unimpressed. Lucky the bear is tough, otherwise would be koyak now!

Tongue Joo Ann N Sushi

DoggiePuppy

Feb 11, 2004, 12:50 AM

Post #28 of 50 (1002 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jooann] Games with puppies? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hiya,

Your sushi is also very cute lor. What breed is she? The way you describe she still is very very young wor. I can distinguish her breed cause she looks like a fur ball like that!!! So joyful right having a pup!! Just don't know how to even describe it.

Play choosing is also good for us isn't it? Can lose weight without going to gym! Ahaha. Many ppl say rawhide bone not good for doggies wor. Don't really know the reason yet but just a point to let you know also since someone told me that also. Must take care ma. I also don't know climbing up stairs is not good for puppy wan.

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 11, 2004, 2:05 AM

Post #29 of 50 (999 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melissa] Games with puppies? [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiyo...

That is kiasu... TongueTongueTongue... Kekeke... Pretty cute too....

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 11, 2004, 2:20 AM

Post #30 of 50 (998 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaughLaughLaugh...

Keke.. Yea... Those big eyes can really melt a heart of stone... SlySly... Anyway, must resist all attempts of her "blackmailling" us in order to get her disciplined... FrownFrown

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

jooann
Enthusiast

Feb 11, 2004, 7:01 PM

Post #31 of 50 (990 views)
Shortcut

Hehe thanks... she knows she is cute too Laugh. She is a Shih Tzu... according to my fren's fren who sold her to me lah. But now i am more and more convinced that she has some terrier blood somewhere along the line lah.... can see more difference as she grows. But doesnt matter, she is still my dear little girl! Ya, she is just 3 months and 1.5 weeks old now.

Ya, dog-slavery feels good eh! I'm sure our fur-masters feels happy having us as their slaves too! Haha. I'm so happy i have her, and i'm just so devoted to her! Sly

Ya i heard taht rawhide is bad too.... but her teeth are tiny and however much she bites she still doesnt do any damage to the rawhide... so i still give it to her so she can chew instead of destructing my things.... so far so good Smile.

Tongue Joo Ann N Sushi

DoggiePuppy

Feb 11, 2004, 11:05 PM

Post #32 of 50 (983 views)
Shortcut

Hey then our pups are about the same age. My pup's birthdate is 15th of November. Which means this coming Sunday she's 3 months already. But Zoe's teeth is stronger I think. She does quite some damage to whatever she bites. Probably she's a bigger breed than Shih Tzu. Shih Tzus are tiny little furball. Slaves? Let me tell you la, I a bit irritated actually, I had a job interview today and Zoe woke me up with noises at 5 in the morning and I don't get to sleep back liow. So tired!!! She usually don't make noise so early. Later on I discover the reason is she wanna do her poo poo! Cehh. So in a while time I didn't care she poo inside her cage, pee lor. Then she quiet liow. My fault actually, didn't understand her.

jooann
Enthusiast

Feb 11, 2004, 11:24 PM

Post #33 of 50 (982 views)
Shortcut

sushi was born on 1st november. 2 weeks difference only.... ya i guess zoe is bigger than sushi kua. sushi was 2.05kg when she was last weighed a week ago.

ya we are actually their 'slaves', not master..... think abt cleaning up pee and poo, prepare their food, take them for wallks, entertain them.... Tongue hehe.

ya, sushi also peed n pooed in her cage in the middle of the night, coz they still young, can't hold for so long. so i dont cage her now. she has the whole outside bathroom to herself (i keep it dry all the time) and there's newspapers at the far end inside the bathroom and she eliminates there Smile. this end near the door is her play N lepak space as she looks out of the bathroom waiting for me.... i leave her there when i go to work and also at night. but sometimes i let her run free at night and i sleep in the hall with her. i dont allow her on the mattress, so she just sleeps on the floor beside me.... very sweet! and in the morning... there is poo on the newspapers at one end of the hall.... clever girl eh! Laugh *proud mummy*

btw... r u a girl or guy? just wondering.... ?? Smile

Tongue Joo Ann N Sushi

DoggiePuppy

Feb 11, 2004, 11:28 PM

Post #34 of 50 (981 views)
Shortcut

Asking my gender or Zoe's?? Wink
Well I am a guy lor. You thought I am girl is it? Sorry la, when I am with pups, I like that wan. Doens't matter if everyone thinks I am a girl...just as long I still get to social with all the doggie lovers here enough liow.

Hey, your sushi can do lots of tricks already? Zoe kinda stubborn and I am not very good at it cause first time owner lor. Just like first time daddy everything also dono and extra panic if anything happens. That day saw her vomit I scared like crap straight bring her to vet next day.

jooann
Enthusiast

Feb 11, 2004, 11:46 PM

Post #35 of 50 (980 views)
Shortcut

aiyah your 'zoe-yee' girl mah i know! from your writings i thot maybe u r a girl... but i was doubtful somehow coz sometimes like guy-talk pula.... Tongue so better ask u first nanti tersilap cakap apa-apa Wink.

ya it doesn't matter what ppl think... for me, its always nice to see guys who goes ga-ga over animals! ;p shows that they have a soft spot afterall despite showing 'machoism' in other aspects Tongue haha.

tricks ah... didnt teach her much leh... dunno how to mah. taught her to roll-over, but she loves it anyway coz she absolutely adores tummy-rubs! when u ignore her and do your own thing she will even come and roll-over to beg for tummy rubs! damn manja girl.

trying to teach her to fetch her toys lorr... sometimes she fetches straight back to me. sometimes she goes there and just lies down there and chew her toy. sometimes she fetches and comes towards me but stops halfway, lie down and chew - its like she's telling me "i know if i bring it straight to you you're gonna take it from me and throw it far far again!! so i better chew it first" haha. after a minute, puas chewing already, then only she continue bringing the toy to me Smile cute lah she. all my time and energy is spent with her!

taught her not to cross certain boundaries - used the play-pen fence to block my room, balcony and back-balcony. but now she knows already, no fence there and when i'm out of sight also she wont cross already! *proud mummy again* hehe...

ya, once she choked on her food for quite some moments, i also panicked dunno whatodo... luckily she was ok again if not i also duno watodo!

i still duno how she will react when she meets (in-contact) with other pups.... i think she'll be the submissive type. she's quite scared of sudden large moving objects, heights, loud noises. getting her 3rd and last jab early march, then she can socialize with doggies d! yay!

Tongue Joo Ann N Sushi

DoggiePuppy

Feb 12, 2004, 1:06 AM

Post #36 of 50 (977 views)
Shortcut

No tricks ah? But the usual sit and responding to name all can already hor? I am just afraid if Zoe don't get it now she may not get it later. Just a worry. Maybe I should just relax and even if she's not so good with trick, she's still Zoe.

Ya, I think if Sushi loves rolling over she's more on the submissive site I think. not sure though but from the book I read, when rolled over dogs are at their most vulnerable position. A position to show other parties that their submissive and they will not attack, unless when you roll them over they keep trying to bite you lor.

The one thing really proud of Zoe is she learnt to poo in the right place in bout 3 days time. Now she is almost accident free. She roams around the house but still go to the right place to poo lor. Trying to teach her hands but she can't seem to get it.

As for the fetch, Zoe is the same as Sushi, sometimes will stop half way or sometimes very funny wan, she's run towards me and when I am happy already, she suddenly detour, make a u-turn and sit down and chew. So lately I use food to lure her that when she brings the ball to me, my hand is with food. And if she sometimes do mistake, taking the ball away, I'll call her name again to get her come to me.

Well if you do learn a good technic to teach your pup any simple tricks do share with me so I can learn too since our pups are around the same age, different breed though but no harm trying!!

Thankieee!

lulugurl
ALPHA

Feb 12, 2004, 1:27 AM

Post #37 of 50 (975 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

Your pups birthday is the same as mine!LaughTongue
You have a very cute spaniel..
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

DoggiePuppy

Feb 12, 2004, 1:38 AM

Post #38 of 50 (973 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] Games with puppies? [In reply to] Can't Post

Serious???? That's CUTE!!! Laugh

Age also same?

a_evie
Doggyman

Feb 17, 2004, 12:30 AM

Post #39 of 50 (969 views)
Shortcut

same like shalom too la...very tamak...

hold winnie in the mouth and then try to push the tennis ball using winnie or her leg. then sit down and chew both alternatively...

jooann
Enthusiast

Feb 17, 2004, 1:01 AM

Post #40 of 50 (966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] Games with puppies? [In reply to] Can't Post

haha... sushi too! very cute to watch when she does that! Laugh

Tongue Joo Ann N Sushi

a_evie
Doggyman

Feb 18, 2004, 2:21 AM

Post #41 of 50 (964 views)
Shortcut

seeing them in still shots doing that is cute...but seeing them in actual action is WOW!!!!

now that she is wearing an elizabethan collar (to stop her from scratching her head)...she looks even cuter trying to hold winnie in her mouth (i have stiched winnie up) and tring to juggle her tennis or golf ball.

really kelakar. and if she can't juggle them all, she'll just drop everything and come to me with the sad puppy eyes...yeah then i have to pick everything up for her and place it next to me for her to alternate chew them...

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 18, 2004, 5:14 PM

Post #42 of 50 (962 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaughLaugh...

Itu kiasu behaviour... SlySlySly Got two toys but don't want to lepas either one of them... CrazyCrazy

Join the JRT Zone

a_evie
Doggyman

Feb 25, 2004, 10:58 PM

Post #43 of 50 (951 views)
Shortcut

quite reflective of us humans sometimes too.

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 25, 2004, 11:36 PM

Post #44 of 50 (947 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaughLaugh... That is sooo true...

Join the JRT Zone

jooann
Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2004, 11:58 PM

Post #45 of 50 (945 views)
Shortcut

ya, just like their fur-slaves Tongue

seen sushi alternate between 3-4 toys too... damn funny!! chew this, run there and chew that, then run and jump on her teddy bear.... aiyoo pening i! Laugh

Tongue Joo Ann N Sushi

a_evie
Doggyman

Feb 26, 2004, 12:11 AM

Post #46 of 50 (943 views)
Shortcut

btw, how often do you wash her toys? i have to wash at least twice a week on rotation as she chews them everywhere and can even insist on taking them out walkies!

jooann
Enthusiast

Feb 26, 2004, 12:19 AM

Post #47 of 50 (941 views)
Shortcut

oh my so cute! Shalom is like a Linus dragging his security blanket everywhere! *Laugh*

her plastic and rubber toys i wash only when i see its dirty/ stuck with her fur. otherwise its quite ok as its only in the house. as for her teddy bear... she drags it all over the house when its covered with her saliva and so it gets dirty quite fast too. but hard to wash and especially to dry.... hang it up like 3 days then only dry (not direct sun). so i only wash it when can see the bear colour changing darker hehe. towels (actually its her blanket or more accurately, chew-and-pull toy) i wash every week, after her baths. handwash all sumore, tiring man by the time i finish. no machine watodo.

Tongue Joo Ann N Sushi

a_evie
Doggyman

Feb 27, 2004, 7:09 PM

Post #48 of 50 (937 views)
Shortcut

hmmm...no machine...i use the washing mchine for shalom's things. then after that have to run one full cycle with bleach to clean the machine...hehe actually i do that with teh washing maachine every week with or without shalom....just to disinfect the machine. never know what gets left behind sometimes.

choosing the wool cycle, the toys can get dry just being in the open air (no direct sunlight in my apt unit) for half a day.

my prob is having to sew up all her toys. she bites until the cotton comes out and then she makes a meal out of the cotton. then poop picking is really difficult then.

golf balls are by far the best..can wash and then just wipe dry.

so what soft toy did you give sushi? i stopped rubber balls with bells...have seen orange rubber in her poop. scary...am running out of ideas for her.

jooann
Enthusiast

Feb 28, 2004, 12:20 AM

Post #49 of 50 (933 views)
Shortcut

hmm... sounds good... where can i get one or two used golf balls leh...

haven't gotten her any toys lately. the last was her squeaky dumbell from the k9 day. the rubber ball i gave her quite tough worr... no bell wan. she bite n bite also no scratch marks wan... i duno where my mum got it from... during cny she had 3 in a pack and gave to my baby cousin to play... ended up i begged and got one for sushi... hehe!

brought back a new winnie the pooh of mine from my hometown... from mcD abt 3 years ago collection. had the intention of giving it to sushi... but sayang wanna give lah... hehe... its still sitting on my table. she has 2 bears - one big bear about her size (when she sleep i position the bear like her, so cute! hehe) and a small one which is actually a curtain holder.... she decapitated it within a few hours. so i left the head with her, and now its dirty and thrown away. recently stuffed back and stitched back the body and she's enjoying it now. so two soft toys only lah she has. dirty lah, i dun quite like. gave her my version of kong-like toy - white cough syrup bottle from clinics? i put in kibbles and some treats and leave it with her in the day.... keeps her entertained :)

btw, started adding boiled then mashed carrot to her kibbles... she absolutely adores it! even adding egg doesnt make her go so gila! raw carrot as chewies - not so interested.

Tongue Joo Ann N Sushi

a_evie
Doggyman

Mar 4, 2004, 2:40 AM

Post #50 of 50 (925 views)
Shortcut

will pass you some golf balls then when we meet in mv ...you'll be with teh fishes right...either that or on monday's futsal.

gotten shalom a toy...tigger. she absolutely loves tigger but prefers her winnie still. i mean i throw all her toys and she will nto ail to pick winnie first. strange gal.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my