Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Please help

garychong
Novice

Feb 4, 2004, 10:10 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1519 views)
Shortcut
Please help Can't Post

Hello all, my puppy (pug) having red spots. Just wondering does anyone here encounter this problem before? According to vet, it could be ticks bite or the environment and they give me some antiseptic to apply on the skin daily. Please help, attached is the picture of my puppy.
Attachments: skin.jpg (88.3 KB)

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 5, 2004, 8:04 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1508 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garychong] Please help [In reply to] Can't Post

hi garychong,

so according to your vet, it is either due to ticks bite or environment? has the vet ruled out food allergy and fungal infection as the possible causes? did the vet take a scrap of the area to check under the microscope? a blood test maybe? any antobiotics given? did the vet advise when should u bring ur pug for a follow-up check? maybe after a week or 2 of using the antiseptic?

do ask ur vet for any queries that u may have... a good and experienced vet would have no problem answering and explaining to u...

btw, do join us in the pug for discussions, gatherings and chit chat... we'll be having our 3rd pug gathering this saturday at a member's house in Cheras... pls feel free to join us... hope to see u in the pug thread...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 5, 2004, 7:24 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1500 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

Agree with ai_ney ...

The symptom of red spots is too generic to tell us what may be the cause ... and without more information, it is hard to suggest possible remedies or treatment ...

As with all ailments ... it is very important and useful to try and identify the cause ... knowing the cause allows for more specific and effective treatment ... Applying antibiotic is just a general remedy which may provide temporary relief ... by reducing secondary bacterial infection - but very often does not work in the long run or remove what brought about or caused the red spots in the first place.

But do check the threads ... under skin condition ... and you will learn more about what often troubles our dogs's coat & skin ...

Cheers Smile

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Feb 5, 2004, 7:29 PM)

garychong
Novice

Feb 6, 2004, 5:27 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Please help [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello ai_ney, thanks for the reply. the vet did ask some question (I guess its their standard procedure) about the food and the environment. the vet just told me to apply the antiseptic and monitor for a week, if the spot spread then bring my puppy back for check up.

during the check up the vet found a tick on its leg and she said, the red spot could due to the tick bite. She didn't take a scrap of the area to check, blood test or given any med... only the pink antiseptic. anyway, thats the one in subang parade and the vet is quite young... junior vet perhaps?

thanks, and i will check out the pug thread!

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 6, 2004, 8:48 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1474 views)
Shortcut

do let us know on the progress of ur pug's skin... and see u in pug! Cool

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Kowie
ALPHA

Feb 12, 2004, 3:10 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1422 views)
Shortcut

OI! Wink

Hahahaha!!! Ah Kow used to get the spots too... The vet loaded her with anitbiotics.. A short term cure lah.. Anyways.. I tried giving her some herbs, changed her diet and bathed her as infrequently as possible (apparently it makes her skin too dry or something). IT WORKED!! Hahaha!! Smile Maybe you can give it a try lah..

Anyways... One day you bring Momo over lah.. Let him get sociable with Ah Kow.. Hehehe.. Cool

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my