Spinning Puppy

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

MaryLim
Novice

Feb 4, 2004, 6:54 PM

Post #1 of 77 (4396 views)
Shortcut
Spinning Puppy Can't Post

My 3 month old miniature schnauzer likes to run in circle. he'll perform his 'merry'go'round', almost non-stop, whenever i keep him to one enclosure. this may probably be a sign of protest as he doesn't like to be left alone. And when he starts to run in circles, he'll splash on his pee and kick his poo poo everywhere, in all direction, getting himself all so dirtyCrazy. Is there any ways to stop him from running in circles? By the way, why is my photo so blur?! hahaha!

Amanda85
Doggyman

Feb 4, 2004, 7:19 PM

Post #2 of 77 (4395 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MaryLim] Spinning Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

is your MS chasing his tail?

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

MaryLim
Novice

Feb 4, 2004, 8:58 PM

Post #3 of 77 (4390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Spinning Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

hi amanda,

whisky isn't chasing his tails. he is just running in circles, big circles. i think he is planning to pick up marathon or what....Cool

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 4, 2004, 9:29 PM

Post #4 of 77 (4389 views)
Shortcut

Hello ...

Many dogs have what is commonly known as "5minutes of madness" ... when they do inexplicable (to us at least) things, like chase their tails or go kinda crazy and run around for no apparent reason ...

But such activity may be signs that the dog is not getting enough activity or exercise (ie boredom) ... Try playing with your puppy more & reduce the periods of confinement ... and things should get better and easier.

Ah ... and don't (just because of their small size) mistake a miniature schn for a toy dog ... Smile ... they are active little doggies, needing reasonable exercise and mental activity ...

Cheers

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Feb 4, 2004, 9:31 PM)

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 4, 2004, 11:23 PM

Post #5 of 77 (4381 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy, MaryLim] Spinning Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha...

Yup... I think that's right. I've seen it with my JRT... She'll go into a crazy mode, running in and out of the house like a bullet. LaughLaugh It's a sign to tell me to get off the couch and play with her. However, after a short session, I'll see her crash and sleep for hours on end... Smile

Quite funny to see this... Tongue But then again, this is their language to communicate with us...

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

MaryLim
Novice

Feb 4, 2004, 11:25 PM

Post #6 of 77 (4381 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Spinning Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for your reminder dat m. schnauzer is active pup. i think i should bring him to the park this evening! in fact i seldom confine him to one area. i usually bring him to all the places and he even sleeps with me. but i really have to house train him to relieve himself on the papers before i can bring him to more places!

xyne
Doggyman

Feb 4, 2004, 11:34 PM

Post #7 of 77 (4379 views)
Shortcut

hi hi...

my MS popeye also runs in circles... but he only does that when he is frantic about something.. most of the time cos he wanna pee pee n he is in the house... asking us to get him out ASAP!!!!
heeheheee

Wink

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 5, 2004, 12:12 AM

Post #8 of 77 (4377 views)
Shortcut

Hello ...

If he can sleep with you without danger of eliminating on your bed ... the battle is half-won ... and the rest will follow.

Am sure your puppy will be fine ... have lots of fun with him ...

Cheers Smile

MaryLim
Novice

Feb 5, 2004, 7:50 PM

Post #9 of 77 (4369 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Spinning Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for those words of encouragement.....

thank you thank you!!

Amanda85
Doggyman

Feb 6, 2004, 12:45 AM

Post #10 of 77 (4360 views)
Shortcut

oic.

but my kinki also did the same thing

everytime when i release her from the balcony in the morning she'll running around the whole garden a few times. very fast !!

but usually i'll consider her doing some exercise herself.Laugh

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 6, 2004, 11:02 PM

Post #11 of 77 (4349 views)
Shortcut

Smile ... welcome welcome welcome ...

Have good days ...Smile

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 7, 2004, 12:11 AM

Post #12 of 77 (4345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85, MaryLim, surchinmy] Spinning Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all,

Speaking of spinning puppy... I've seen two dogs who had the 5 minutes of madness together... Both chasing each other in a circle.... CrazyCrazyCrazy

Otherwise, they would be all right, doing other stuff together... TongueTongue Quite funny actually!

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

jaytan
Canine Addict

Feb 7, 2004, 5:18 AM

Post #13 of 77 (4340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aragorn2976] Spinning Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, that must be my 2 Beagle puppies. Sometimes when they escape their leashes at the field, they will chase each other like crazy in small circles. Impossible to get their attention or catch them. After a while they will stop and pant and let me leash them again. Wish I could let them do it, but it is worrisome to let 2 off-leash. What with cars on the road and non-doggie people around. Best regards,J

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 10, 2004, 5:51 AM

Post #14 of 77 (4330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaytan] Spinning Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

TongueTongue...

That's cute but got to becareful since there are kids and non-doggie people around. CrazyCrazyCrazy

Join the JRT Zone

jaytan
Canine Addict

Feb 10, 2004, 6:03 AM

Post #15 of 77 (4328 views)
Shortcut

Hi, be careful? I panic everytime they do that. I freak out when they escape their walking harnesses or even collars. You would expect the big ears would prevent them slipping out but they are great escape artistes. Best regards,J

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 10, 2004, 6:28 AM

Post #16 of 77 (4326 views)
Shortcut

ShockedShocked....

I can only imagine that. Keke... I freaked out too when Snoopy escaped from my arms and ran out of the house when my mom got home... Mad

First thing she did was go to visit the neighbour's dogs who don't really like her but lucky she's submissive, was crouching down and so, easier for me to catch. Lucky that there wasn't any cars as well too... Unsure

Hmmmm... I remembered my dog used to be so stubborn and she sat down on the road and I couldn't budge her. I couldn't even carry her and I pulled on the leash gently to get her to move, but suddenly, it went pop and came out. I was shocked to hold an empty collar and my dog just looked up at me, smilling... TongueTongue I panicked and with the extra adrenaline, scooped her up and took her home... CrazyCrazy

Kekeke.... Do they quietly slip out like Houdini or just rush out like escape convicts? LaughLaugh

Join the JRT Zone

jaytan
Canine Addict

Feb 10, 2004, 6:59 AM

Post #17 of 77 (4324 views)
Shortcut

Hi, definately like escape convicts. Especially Picnic, will run across the field. Nowadays, when they are stubborn I will give them a smack on the rump. It doesnt hurt but the jolt gets their attention. Picnic was submissive but is much more assured after 3 months of manja treatment. We consciously ignored when she was self-conscious and handled her more when playing. She is much more assertive with Sparky now. It is rewarding to see her more confident and have no problems with firmer handling now. Sparky always had thick skin, that rascal. Best regards,J

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 11, 2004, 2:16 AM

Post #18 of 77 (4319 views)
Shortcut

Haha....

I see... TongueTongue.... Snoopy is submissive when she goes out and I'd guess it is because she's the youngest pup in her litter last time. CrazyCrazy Anyway, she needs some socialization. Parents don't think that Snoopy is ready to go out for walks... UnsureUnsure

Anyway, I'd guess some training techniques plus some magical way to hold the collar to their head to prevent them from escaping, I'd guess... CrazyCrazyCrazy

Join the JRT Zone

xyne
Doggyman

Feb 11, 2004, 9:58 PM

Post #19 of 77 (4315 views)
Shortcut

hi jay..

could it be cos the collar is too big??? Tat happened to tyson too... now i got him one tat fits comfortably, but wont fly out of his head when he gets excited....

jaytan
Canine Addict

Feb 11, 2004, 11:28 PM

Post #20 of 77 (4313 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xyne] Spinning Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Yeah, it must be too loose lah if Houdini strikes. The books recommend tightness to allow 2 fingers in. If I make that on the tight side, the fur will be jutting at the sides of the collar although they have short fur. That looks uncomfortable to me or maybe I am just too soft. If I loosen it a wee bit they will be able to squeeze out by facing me with the leash tout. It is quite safe when the doggies are facing away. The walking harness is even worse and will loosen with use. 1 on 1 is easy to handle but sometimes cannot be fully focused with 2, especially when I have to multitask like disposing of their poop. Fortunately, it looks like it is getting easier as the puppies grow up. Best regards,J

xyne
Doggyman

Feb 12, 2004, 12:00 AM

Post #21 of 77 (4309 views)
Shortcut

i usually have more than 2 fingers' space..
try to train the dog to heel on your left side.. not in font of u... u should be walking them.. not them walking u...heeheee

and if u r not walking, try to get them to sit n stay,...so not to run about ... although i havent tried bringing 2 dogs at once.. i would likely end up in hosp..PiratePirate hehehe

jaytan
Canine Addict

Feb 12, 2004, 12:09 AM

Post #22 of 77 (4308 views)
Shortcut

Hi, my training hasn't reached to heeling at my side yet. So far it has progressed from run around like crazy to some appearance of walking, hahaha. Sit and stay? The puppies are exploding with energy. They may consent to sitting 10 seconds for food. Then they are off again, phew. With 2 of them, I am badly outnumbered. Maybe I am just a lousy trainer. Best regards,J

xyne
Doggyman

Feb 12, 2004, 12:21 AM

Post #23 of 77 (4306 views)
Shortcut

haahahaaa...
patience.. patience...

its good to see they r active n happy running around together..
come for the OB day n c how u can train the babies to be more obedient..have u signed up?

MaryLim
Novice

Feb 12, 2004, 5:55 PM

Post #24 of 77 (4301 views)
Shortcut

i've lost my whisky. someone took him away from me, leaving his t-shirt behind....

jaytan
Canine Addict

Feb 12, 2004, 6:24 PM

Post #25 of 77 (4299 views)
Shortcut

Hi, I dont mind the doggies not having military discipline lah. Tend to be a bit soft and think they are after all just puppies. After all that is also the fun of having puppies. It is fine as long as they know that they are not the bosses around the house. Will consider more serious training when they turn 1 year old. Best regards,J

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my