Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Worms in Dog:
is she telling the truth?

makrawl
Canine Addict

Feb 3, 2004, 8:19 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1343 views)
Shortcut
is she telling the truth? Can't Post

well, i'm giving my dogs a type of chewable tablets on the heartworm. it is brown in colour and in heart shape (according to the lable, it's from Australia). i'm feeding this tablets to my beauty since she was 3 months old and recently i started on my goldy too. (he was injected with the heartworm disease medication that last for a year.... according to the vet) today i met an owner of a petshop at PJ, and after having some discussion with her about heartworm tablets........and here are the problems:

1. she said that the injection was not a good idea as it might gives a side-effect to your dog since the dose of the medicine is better to be taken in small doses on monthly basis. too much at once will create problem.

2. she also told me that the heart-shape tablets that i bought from other petshop is NOT PROVEN for the effectiveness yet and it is not a good product since u can't prove it and u also can't find any manufacturer's contact on the label (i can't prove that since i've disposed the label of mine). she also claimed that these tablets are in fact "smuggled" in. she also said that when she asked about the effectiveness of the product to the salesman, she saidthat the salesman answer her:" according to the manufacturer, yes" (in a very unpromising and don't- believe voice tone)

3. as for another type of similar product is the yellow pills that with a boy sitting at the river side with an ACS on the label is also NOT PROVEN the effectiveness in Malaysia yet.

4. she only sells the most famous brand where the box is black and with a dog on the front and two chewable tablets pic on it as well.

she highly recommend me to buy that after giving all the information above. ok, now i wanna know is,

1. is she telling the truth? or she is just tyring to sell her "only product" on her shelf?

2. does the injection was really a bad idea? (beside the cost)

3. shame on myself but i have to ask, may i know what's the ingredient or the active ingredient in the tablets for preventing heartworm?

4. is the "smuggled" tablets are true?

5. etc

does anyone know the answers? TQ if there's a vet here, i will be gladed if he/she can answer my Q's.

more Q will the putting up later. i'm now damn confuse becouse of her statements.

Mak

Amanda85
Doggyman

Feb 3, 2004, 9:22 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] is she telling the truth? [In reply to] Can't Post

ya, to inject your dog for a dosage that can last a year is not a good idea.

i'm not sure whether the lady is telling the thruth a not, but as far as a know most of the dogs lover choose to feed 'heartgart'.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 4, 2004, 3:57 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] is she telling the truth? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi !!!

She is trying to sell her product only. The rest i think u better ask the Vet.

Regards,Wink

Chrisong

makrawl
Canine Addict

Feb 6, 2004, 6:17 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1314 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] is she telling the truth? [In reply to] Can't Post

i think she is trying to sell her product too. actually i went back to the shop where i bought the tablets and get the information about the tablets that i bought. i realised that they have the same content. and i FOUND the manufacturer's add on the lable.

and i will not visit her shop anymore as she is NOT honest to me. just simply another heartless petshop owner. Mad

(This post was edited by makrawl on Feb 6, 2004, 6:19 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my