Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Shar Pei's Skin

pei02
Enthusiast

Feb 1, 2004, 4:22 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1624 views)
Shortcut
Shar Pei's Skin Can't Post

Anybody pls help, I hav a shar pei, 1 yrs, I need to know how to take care her skin, because I can't hold her, touch her, it will get itchi. But I still hold her, touch, play with her although I get itchi. Anybody know how to improve her skin? pls let me know, thanks.

cockercinta
Novice

Feb 1, 2004, 6:02 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1621 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pei02] Shar Pei's Skin [In reply to] Can't Post

Simple & also a piece of cake. Johnson baby powder or baby prickly heat powder both available in any pharmacies should do the trick.

This is not a trial & error concept. It has been proven effective.

pei02
Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004, 11:20 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1608 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cockercinta] Shar Pei's Skin [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you, I will do it. Is it for every day or twice in a week or...?

Sorry I hav no exprience in this. And wanted to know what kind of dog food is good gor her?

Thank you very much

cockercinta
Novice

Feb 5, 2004, 1:40 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1599 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pei02] Shar Pei's Skin [In reply to] Can't Post

Use a powder puff and lightly dust the prickly heat powder on the dog once a day, gradually reduced it to once every 2days and hopefully by the end of the month, your problem is solved.

The type of dog food, especially the commercial brand available in the market is becoming too confusing. Every premium brand claimed to have 'something' extra good for your animal. Therefore, what food is good for your animal is very subjective. You just have to buy a small quantity of those you think might be suitable and once you got the right brand stick to it and continued feeding your dog with it. I have used a brand for over 8 years, my dogs are happy eating it day in day out and I am satisfied with the results. I don't see any reason to invite problems when there are none!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my