Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
THANKS FOR HELP TO WEBMASTER, BOON, ELLY, VALERY

cyphang
Canine Addict

Nov 22, 2002, 7:09 AM

Post #1 of 10 (1466 views)
Shortcut
THANKS FOR HELP TO WEBMASTER, BOON, ELLY, VALERY Can't Post

Hey Khoo, Boon, Elly, Valery....Thanks for the help for getting me the phone numbers of vets to send my Sunnie today. I thought it was a serious case...She fell down from the sofa today and knocked her head and cried badly...and was very inactive tonite and started choking and didn't want to eat nor drink...So I thought she might have internal injury from the fall and started to get panic...It was close to 9 pm so the vets are mostly closed...So I started calling Elly and Boon and Khoo and Valery to ask for help. Well anyway...I finally went to a vet clinic in subang parade (next to pet wonderland) and to my surprise, the vet is a long lost friend of mine !

Anyway...I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Khoo, Boon, Elly and Valery for helping me to get the vet numbers...YOU ARE REALLY GREAT GUYS !!!!

I have a lot to learn about dogs...and having Sunnie helped me to see a lot of weaknesses in myself...which I have to work on them as well.

Once again, a BIG THANK YOU to all of you....
With warm regards,
CY Phang

Mummy of Sunnie, the happy, cheeky and naughty female shih tzu pup

Khoobg
Webmaster

Nov 22, 2002, 7:27 AM

Post #2 of 10 (1460 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyphang] THANKS FOR HELP TO WEBMASTER, BOON, ELLY, VALERY [In reply to] Can't Post

Great to know that Sunnie is doing fine.

Most body parts of a 8 weeks old puppy is still not properly developed. Falling from height can also be quite demaging to his leg if he did not land properly. So you need to be extra careful next time.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

Elly
ALPHA

Nov 22, 2002, 7:53 AM

Post #3 of 10 (1457 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyphang] THANKS FOR HELP TO WEBMASTER, BOON, ELLY, VALERY [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiyah....small matter lah. No worries. Just keep the doctors' number nicely, just in case emergency....touch wood, touch wood....

boon
Doggyman

Nov 22, 2002, 5:20 PM

Post #4 of 10 (1453 views)
Shortcut

Hi CY,

No problem, and nice to hear that Sunnie is doing OK now. Take Xtra care of herTongueWink

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

cyphang
Canine Addict

Nov 22, 2002, 6:03 PM

Post #5 of 10 (1449 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] THANKS FOR HELP TO WEBMASTER, BOON, ELLY, VALERY [In reply to] Can't Post

Sunnie's okay now...the doctor said she's coughing...SHe's on a prescribed canned food now for a few days....Today she's running around the house again....But coughed throughout the nite so I will have to monitor her closely for a few days and see how she's doing...

THanks again !
With warm regards,
CY Phang

arthur
ALPHA

Nov 23, 2002, 8:22 AM

Post #6 of 10 (1434 views)
Shortcut

Hi CYPhang,

Glad to know Sunnie is recovering fine. Webmaster Khoo is right..a 8 week old puppy is still very much in the developing stage. Any injuries suffered now could have a big effect later. There was this cute miniature schnauzer puppy boy whose was quite active. One day while playing, he ran and knocked his head against the furniture. After that, he started walking funny (two step forward, circle twice, 2 steps forwards, circle..) His left ear also started to droop. X-rays showed he fractured his skull! Luckily he has found a new owner who love him to bits despite his condition. (Never fully recovered)

Not to scare you but just a highlight that puppies (like young kids) should not be left to play unsupervised. Do a quick check at yr home to ensure that nothing sharp can hurt, poke, etc your Sunnie while playing.

Rdgs Arthur

cyphang
Canine Addict

Nov 23, 2002, 2:46 PM

Post #7 of 10 (1429 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] THANKS FOR HELP TO WEBMASTER, BOON, ELLY, VALERY [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, I will sure be more aware from now onwards...I'm now much careful than ever. I asked the Vet if there was any possible internal injuries to her skull since she knocked her head when she fell. The Vet said there wasn't any symptoms since she's still walking normally and didn't lose her sense of direction. Sunnie's appetite has resumed now and she's as active as before, but because she's still coughing she's still sleeping a lot and being restless sometimes. She refused to eat the prescribed canned food (wasted my whole can man ! She only ate like 1/5 of it...thought she loved it initially) but now her liking for her bil-jac has resumed and she wouldn't even want to look at the canned food!

I've really learned a lot through bringing up Sunnie...not just how to take care of her properly, but also more aware of my own shortcomings. And Sunnnie has indirectly made my own family relationship a lot better too!

Thanks for your concern.
With warm regards,
CY Phang

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 24, 2002, 12:37 AM

Post #8 of 10 (1423 views)
Shortcut

Glad to hear that Sunnie is doing well now. Keep us updated on her progress.

-= Tisha =-

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 24, 2002, 7:56 AM

Post #9 of 10 (1416 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] THANKS FOR HELP TO WEBMASTER, BOON, ELLY, VALERY [In reply to] Can't Post

Your story a bit scary.,..

Luckey seems to have the knack of knocking herself a lot... she banged her head when she was a pup against the wall, (falling over backwards while jumping for food)... last night she did the same thing in the car! (not for food, but for a tummy rub!)

and tonight i was so scared coz she was fighting with her brother and it looked like he nearly pushed her over the first floor staircase... luckily i pulled her brother back off her in time!

hope she likes her new sister (Brinkley - coming home tomorrow) and that they don't play too rough... Unsure

boon
Doggyman

Nov 25, 2002, 5:07 PM

Post #10 of 10 (1412 views)
Shortcut

Hi Arthur,

Then how about pup that is 6 to 7 months old. Bonney use to knocked the wall, chairs and fell down when she jump. But i guesses she is OK, luckily no serious iccident happen to Bonney.

Thanz God.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my