Whisky (MS) House Training

MaryLim
Novice

Jan 30, 2004, 5:27 PM

Post #1 of 3 (738 views)
Shortcut
Whisky (MS) House Training Can't Post

Hi Folks!

I have a bit of BIG problem with my 3 month old miniature schnauzer puppy. I have givem him a lot of freedom to roam freely and he hasn't really been confined to one area yet., for house breaking purpose. thus, pee pee and poo poo EVERYWHERE & ANYWHERE. I have tried spraying those smelly stuff on the newspapers for him to pee and poo since i often bring him out, but it doesn't seem to work. Worse still, he either chew up the newspapers or sleep on them. Can anyone recommend a good brand of spray to me? Or, is there any suggestion to train puppies to relieve themselves on a designated spot? By the way, should i bash him up and spank him hard if he 'pangsai' everywhere, like some suggested me to do? Thanks!

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 31, 2004, 2:28 AM

Post #2 of 3 (731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MaryLim] Whisky (MS) House Training [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there...

A common question/problem faced by all of us fur-slaves... HOUSE-BREAKING!!... Tongue

I think if you search the threads, there are solutions out there to solve this problem. Anyway, I think spanking him AFTER he has done his business is not as effective as catching him in the act. Tongue Remind him then that he should not poo/pee in that spot! Paper-training is the best. If he starts to tear, reprimand with a loud "hait" to tell him "no'".

If he does his business in the proper place, remember to use the cue word like "toilet" and praise him like mad!! TongueTongue

HTH...

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jan 31, 2004, 9:03 PM

Post #3 of 3 (723 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MaryLim] Whisky (MS) House Training [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mary,

Congrats on your new MS pup....

Do a search on this thread on HouseBreaking, Housetraining and etc... and I'm sure you'll be able to find your answers on how to train your dog. This particular topic has been covered in many areas on all the previous post. Check them out ya ! Good Luck !

cheers,
minglmy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my