Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Brushing/ Combing

May
Old Hand

Jan 29, 2002, 1:17 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2801 views)
Shortcut
Brushing/ Combing Can't Post

My puppy doesn't like her tails to be combed/ brushed. Whenever I try to comb/ brush her tail, she will bite my hand. Any idea why?

Pat

Jan 29, 2002, 5:40 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Brushing/ Combing [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear May,

That's pretty common. The tail is sensitive to many dogs. Some dogs would snap at you if you touch the tail!

Regards,

Pat
Pat, David
parents to Kiki-nicole choa

May
Old Hand

Feb 26, 2002, 11:07 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pat] Brushing/ Combing [In reply to] Can't Post

My pup tends to snap at my hand when I brush her. When I try to make a topknot, she will move her head and I can only do it when she's asleep. Is there any way I can make her enjoy the grooming session?

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Feb 27, 2002, 6:28 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2765 views)
Shortcut

I had the same problem with my GSD. What I did was stroke her where she likes being stroked with the brush. Then when she got comfortable, I moved towards her tail. Try to talk to your dog and pat him/her with your free hand while you're combing. It takes patience, but sooner or later your dog won't really mind. You just hafta coax her to relax!

-= Tisha =-

Pat

Feb 27, 2002, 5:54 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2758 views)
Shortcut

Since my puppy loves tummy rub, I start off using the brush to massage her tummy- this is ticklish and most dogs love it. When she is engrossed with that I slowly inch my way to combing her. Of course she will be lying down when I comb her but at least I get the job done and she will be more relax by then!
Regards,
Pat
Pat, David
parents to Kiki-nicole choa

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my