Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
Another Chewing problem

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

sun-arrow

Jan 29, 2004, 10:15 PM

Post #1 of 71 (4995 views)
Shortcut
Another Chewing problem Can't Post

Can anyone recommend some good/interactive chewies to keep my dog occupied?

Most of the chewing happened dead in the night while we were sleeping. He willl reach for the wet kitchen counter and table to get things to chew on. Not to mention those already on the floor, like the washing machine pipe, slippers and brushes.

Now my mother is breathing down my neck and canes my sunny whenever he destroyed things Mad MadMadMadMadMadMadMad

kesuke
Doggyman

Jan 29, 2004, 10:59 PM

Post #2 of 71 (4992 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sun-arrow] Another Chewing problem [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe your sunny is getting a bit bored or something...since he's very intelligent you have to find some mentally stimulating toys/tricks/activies for him to do...

some chewies i can think of: nylabones, gummabones, kong stuffed with yummies (they can play for hours), empty mineral bottles (but they are very noisy)...

provide him with lots of chewies and toys and if possible, keep all those things chewable away. and if you can, do exercise him more..let him give out his energy and he might just stop chewing your slippers and all...Smile

hope this helps!!

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

sun-arrow

Jan 29, 2004, 11:12 PM

Post #3 of 71 (4990 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] Another Chewing problem [In reply to] Can't Post

I do have nylabone for him to chew, but he just not interest. And I wonder if too much rawhide is bad for him, because he usually finishes off one medium-sized per day. As for mineral bottle, never thought of that, but erm he has a history of chewing a few plastic containers into bits.

And since it's night, he already had his meals, so oh well hmm maybe i should try that.

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 29, 2004, 11:23 PM

Post #4 of 71 (4989 views)
Shortcut

Hi there..

Did you reprimand him with a loud noise when you catch him doing stuff like that? Some would recommend rubbing on the items that he likes to chew with some diluted vinegar solution as it can be quite nasty for dogs. Tongue

Hmmmm.. An alternative is probably to prevent him from getting into the place.

A better solution is of course to stimulate him mentally at night? Wink

Well, does your Mom cane sunny AFTER she finds the destroyed stuff or in the act? Chances are if you scold or cane him AFTER he has done something wrong, he may not understand it. Frown Best to reprimand him when you catch him in the act...

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

kesuke
Doggyman

Jan 30, 2004, 12:27 AM

Post #5 of 71 (4987 views)
Shortcut

i'm not sure about rawhides but some ppl say they're not good for dogs...so might consider staying away from those. how about trying out kong? you can stuff anything you want inside...you can stuff them right tight and let your dog have a hard time getting those goodies out..haha...and kongs last a long time too...these are nice...a bit pricey though..

you could try the mineral bottles and see...i have 1 mongrel pup with me last month and she loves the bottles..coz they make noise and they roll away...and she'd chase them..haha...

Amanda85
Doggyman

Feb 3, 2004, 8:33 PM

Post #6 of 71 (4981 views)
Shortcut

dogs just love to chew.

but i think you should actually lock up or confined your dog at night to prevent 'accident'.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

sun-arrow

Feb 4, 2004, 10:47 PM

Post #7 of 71 (4977 views)
Shortcut
Now another problem starts [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your suggestions! I do believe he stopped chewing, but this bring me another problem........

Since yesterday, he seem to be not as active as he was before... He still plays with me, and his faeces, although soft, are still solid. He still eats all his food, but he seem to be tired and lack of energy...

Could it be the flea collar that I bought 2 days ago? Or he just caught the lazy bones disease? Or he is growing up?

(This post was edited by sun-arrow on Feb 4, 2004, 10:48 PM)

kesuke
Doggyman

Feb 4, 2004, 11:21 PM

Post #8 of 71 (4973 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sun-arrow] Now another problem starts [In reply to] Can't Post

if you are seriously worried, you should take him to the vet for some checkup...i mean, just to be on the safe side that he's alright and everything...and maybe he was just moody that day...

btw, how big is sunny now?

sun-arrow

Feb 6, 2004, 1:21 AM

Post #9 of 71 (4970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] Now another problem starts [In reply to] Can't Post

>_< He is having fever... He didn't eat his breakfast today, so we took him to see the vet.. Luckily, it's not tick fever. No wonder he is not chewing and less energetic in his daily walks. I wonder can dogs eat green bean and white fungus tonic or not.

He is as big as normal door's width :P. Are you back with your billy?

(This post was edited by sun-arrow on Feb 6, 2004, 1:23 AM)

sun-arrow

Feb 8, 2004, 4:40 AM

Post #10 of 71 (4956 views)
Shortcut

I am sorry, kesuke...

kesuke
Doggyman

Feb 9, 2004, 7:46 PM

Post #11 of 71 (4953 views)
Shortcut

so how's sunny doing now? so sorry that he had a fever...Unsure is he alright now? hmm...i think beans and the white fungus tonic are alright...but you might want to check again with the vet or on the net.. or you could add some apple cider vinegar in his drinking water..don add alot in first lah..coz need to get him to get used to the taste first.. is good for their health and acts like a detoxifier..Smile my billy loves the taste..hehe..

so where are you now? i'm back in penang but sadly without billy...FrownFrown but at least i was with him during his last few hours..FrownFrownUnsure

xyne
Doggyman

Feb 11, 2004, 10:03 PM

Post #12 of 71 (4941 views)
Shortcut

they can drink apple cider vinegar???? wow... maybe some chicken soup will help too?? hehehee.. helps me!

oh yes, harvey loves to chew also.. anything oso can.. i know he can get bored during the day..eventho got 2 bros to keep him busy...
all the mudguards on the cars are gone.. any shoe left unattended for 10 mins will be gone oso... and he has really strong teeth.. any chew toy wont last the hour oso...UnsureUnsure

how?? Or i may just have to resort to mineral bottles...and lots of it so can recycle fast....

kesuke
Doggyman

Feb 12, 2004, 2:16 AM

Post #13 of 71 (4937 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xyne] Now another problem starts [In reply to] Can't Post

yeahh...they can take ACV...but of coz u have to dilute it first lah...so to start them u can add a few drops in their drinking bowl...and also add to their food (easier to do so if you are feeding BARF lah...but i guess add to kibble also can..) does harvey likes apples? if he does, he might like ACV coz it smells nice..hehe...at least my boy likes ler..

hahahah...chicken soup i dunno loh...but should be good for them also lah...ehehe.....eh, i also wanna be your dog lah..got chicken soup to drink some more...heheh....LaughTongue

hwaaaaa.....your harvey still chewing now? i thought should have stopped already since he's 18 months old right? Crazy what chew toys have you bought for him? try to buy lots of toys so he won't get bored...include mineral bottles also can lah..hehe..coz the bottles make lots of noise when squeezed so i think dogs like the sound..heh.. u know 'bout kongs? those are fun i think...can stuff yummy treats inside and let him lick them out..hehe...

xyne
Doggyman

Feb 12, 2004, 6:00 PM

Post #14 of 71 (4933 views)
Shortcut

come come.. i give u soup.. heheee

oh.. i guess he chews cos he is bored, even with 2 playmates...or wants some attention...his teeth like made of besi like tat la.. everything oso he can chew till minced up wan...Unsure so havent been giving him toys anymore. or he will destroy his bro's toys even tho he has his..
he's a real bully on popeye.. Unsure

kesuke
Doggyman

Feb 13, 2004, 10:44 PM

Post #15 of 71 (4926 views)
Shortcut

ahhahaha....harvey is really "king of the world"........hehehehehehe.....LaughLaugh

maybe you need to bring him out to exercise more often to burn off the excess energy oooh....hehe...some more you can keep fit also mar...why not??? hehehhehehe.......LaughLaugh

xyne
Doggyman

Feb 13, 2004, 11:10 PM

Post #16 of 71 (4925 views)
Shortcut

yupp... knowing me ah.. so lazy sometimes u know.. after work summore wanna walk n run 3 dogs one by one..
the thought itself oredi i feel tired.. heehee

i think if its just 1 dog its ok. Let's see lerr.. they will start OB again.. get to exercise la... do u guys have OB in Penang?? did Billy go?

kesuke
Doggyman

Feb 13, 2004, 11:19 PM

Post #17 of 71 (4924 views)
Shortcut

hahahaha.....i know what you mean!!! ehhehehe....we are lazy....but just think about how much fun you are bringing to your dogs....sure can get your butt off the couch liao lar.....hehehehe.....SlySly

OB as in training lessons? there's a traning lesson every sunday conducted by MKA i think....never been there before coz....Blush i cannot wake up ler....ehhehe.....

xyne
Doggyman

Feb 14, 2004, 12:06 AM

Post #18 of 71 (4922 views)
Shortcut

eeeiiiii, they have it in morning meh?? then no more sunday morning yumcha lorr??

ours is in eve.. Kinda excited n nervous abt bringing the jakuns to school again..Blush.. i think after this course we will stop la... no need them to b super OB oso.. heehee..janji dont chew n pee pee everywhere..hahaha

kesuke
Doggyman

Feb 14, 2004, 12:13 AM

Post #19 of 71 (4919 views)
Shortcut

yep....in mornings...not so hot mer.... hmm....dunno if they go yumcha or not but i sure they do lah......would be such a sight with so many ppl and so many doggies.....ehehhe......

ehh...so your doggies all very obedient liao eh??? hhehe.....try entering the OB trial for fun lar.....hehehe.......

xyne
Doggyman

Feb 14, 2004, 12:17 AM

Post #20 of 71 (4918 views)
Shortcut

i got show phobia lerr...

harvey isnt OB..quite the opposite actually... heehee. Popeye quite OB if not cos he has to outdo his bro to get attention... his appearance fail la.. dont even look like MS u know.. so shy ony...Unsure

I think its getting easier to teach harvey stuff.. prob cos they r getting older.. more settled.. Ppl teel me GRs take 3 yrs to settle down..

was billy very hyper n notti too...?

kesuke
Doggyman

Feb 14, 2004, 12:35 AM

Post #21 of 71 (4916 views)
Shortcut

ahhaha....same here lah.....gets all nervous to go infront of the big crowd....CrazyCrazy

hahahaha...but OB trial nvr mind one ler...you just clip popeye's hair to be neater then okie liao lah....mixed breed also can join OB trial one..

yeah, i think so too....they get calmer as they get older...not so hyper like lil pups ...hehehe....

hmm...billy was not hyper but yeah naughty....and very manja loh....always want you to rub his belly one.....hahahahah......and look so "song" while having his belly rubbed...aiyooo..cannot tahan him....

xyne
Doggyman

Feb 14, 2004, 12:39 AM

Post #22 of 71 (4913 views)
Shortcut

yaaaaa.... then his tongue stick out .. so happy like tat.. when u stop he will move his paw up n down.. signal u to continue... hehehee

tats why they see the Brush ah.. he shiok shiok liao.. sometimes lift all 4 legs up in da air n on his 'G' spot he will move his legs up n down.. hahahaa... banyak hiigh~~~~~~.. heeheee

kesuke
Doggyman

Feb 14, 2004, 12:50 AM

Post #23 of 71 (4912 views)
Shortcut

hahahahah...yeeee.....excatly!!! CoolCool hehehee......on the "G" spot....hehehe......they are like so itchy and so syiok and so high....ahhahahahaha......these lucky devils.....SlySlyLaughSly

sun-arrow

Feb 14, 2004, 1:01 AM

Post #24 of 71 (4911 views)
Shortcut

Actually, we found a lump on him and after many xrays, tests and a big hole in pocket, the vet said it might be a very deep insect bite/sting and the body produces something (whose medicial name flew over my head), if it became smaller, it's alright, if it englarged, it might be cancerous. And if the tumour is bad, we might have to put him to sleep. The news of it made us cried buckets of tears. But thank God, the lump is gone now and he is bad to normal. (or at least naughty). And I was actually glad to see him chewing shoes n stuff >< This incident makes me think that alarm bell should go off when he is well behaved...

I tried to add acv in his meal whenever i can remember, and also rub acv solution onto his coat when i'm not lazy, heard can fend off ticks and fleas.

Walking 3 grs? I cannot imagine it. what if all of them see something exciting and rushed towards it?

(This post was edited by sun-arrow on Feb 14, 2004, 1:06 AM)

xyne
Doggyman

Feb 14, 2004, 1:02 AM

Post #25 of 71 (4910 views)
Shortcut

ya lorr.. come to think of it.. like very yum like tat.. with tongue sticking out.. panting.. n leg moving up n down.. eeehehee

this posting sure khoo come n censor liao.. hahaha

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my