Discharge mucus substances

jason
Enthusiast

Jan 28, 2002, 9:05 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2663 views)
Shortcut
Discharge mucus substances Can't Post

Help!Unsure

My 8 months old boxer puppy discharged some mucus and sticky substances after she potty today. I am quite worry about it. The discharge caused her to feel itching at her bottom and scratch on the floor. I scare it was caused by internal worms, but I had dewormed her on the beginning of this month. So, what is happening? Please help! Thanks.

Regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Jan 29, 2002, 3:21 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2654 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason] Discharge mucus substances [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure, but it could be due to blocked anal sacs. Ok, the following part is taken out from a book, so it might help...

ANAL HYGIENE - Excessive licking or dragging of the rear can mean that the scent-producing anal sacs are blocked, causing discomfort. Wearing protective gloves, squeeze the sacs empty, applying firm preassure from both sides. Use absorbent material to collect the fluid.

Then there's a picture of someone squeezing the sides of a dog's @ss.. *blush* I'm really not sure if this is the solution to your puppy's discomfort, but it's worth a try.

-= Tisha =-

johnaricka
Novice

Mar 23, 2003, 11:26 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2577 views)
Shortcut

What did your pup have? My ten week old boxer pup went to the vet for her second set of shots and she has a yeast infection. The vet says it is normal although I have never heard of it. Then again it isnt something you make idol conversation bout. The vet said it will clear up on is own. She isnt really rubbing herself but it is swollen.
Aricka

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2003, 11:38 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2568 views)
Shortcut

(This post was edited by snoopydog on Mar 24, 2003, 11:39 PM)

arthur
ALPHA

Mar 25, 2003, 7:37 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2557 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jason,
Last month in Feb, another user ID:Biggie also reported an almost similar case like your boxer except his was a more serious case.. Just look back at the Feb postings for a thread titled "My Boxer Anal Swelling" under this same Dog Health and Care forum..

Hope this helps..
Rdgs Arthur

(This post was edited by arthur on Mar 25, 2003, 7:38 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my