Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: PAWS:
Affectionate Spitz-Mix Dog Looking for (new?) Loving Owner

jnghh
Novice

Jan 28, 2004, 7:11 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1320 views)
Shortcut
Affectionate Spitz-Mix Dog Looking for (new?) Loving Owner Can't Post

A young black spitz-mix dog walked into our home on CNY eve (Wed). Literally. He followed my grandfather into the house compound, and eventually squeezed into the house through the front grill. We ended up caring for him for four and a half days (along with our own dog -- in the house), hoping to find his owner or a new owner. I'm pretty sure this dog is a spitz-mix, because he looks like a identical, but younger version of our dog (who's 9+ y/o). I'm also pretty sure he's not more than a year old, maybe somewhere between six (6) to eight (8) months.

We had to surrender him on Sunday to PAWS, a very heart-breaking experience Unsure, but we couldn't keep him and we couldn't find someone to care for him.

PAWS said they'd keep him for two weeks for its owner to claim him, before putting him up for adoption -- the chances are likely that he was a pet before, he just shows SO many of the signs: extremely clean (even teeth!); eats only dog food; very, very affectionate with humans. So, if you know of anyone who has lost this young pup, please ask them to check it out. I've attached a picture of him (he's the black one) and my dog... if you (or someone you know) claims him, please let me know. My family and I have grown attached to this dog, and would really like to know he's doing okay.

If he's still not claimed within two weeks, I'd strongly recommend this dog to anyone (and family) who's looking for a lovable, indoor companion...
Attachments: DSC00671_small.jpg (44.5 KB)

jnghh
Novice

Jan 28, 2004, 7:17 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jnghh] Affectionate Spitz-Mix Dog Looking for (new?) Loving Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

Additional photos of the dog may be viewed here:

http://photos.yahoo.com/jnghh

ROSANNAMCCALL
Novice

Feb 25, 2004, 7:15 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jnghh] Affectionate Spitz-Mix Dog Looking for (new?) Loving Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi jnghh,

i think i saw the little black spitz mix at paws but on my second visit he is not there anymore.

he was extreamly friendly and wants to follow almost everyone home therefore i believe he found himself a home. So don't worry and be glad that he's been adopted.

rdgs
Rosann

jnghh
Novice

Feb 26, 2004, 7:58 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ROSANNAMCCALL] Affectionate Spitz-Mix Dog Looking for (new?) Loving Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

Rosann,

I saw that you posted on another thread about the dog -- he sounds like same one. He's VERY friendly, and very affectionate. The kind of dog who's extremely happy to see someone he recognizes.. I'm very thankful that you encouraged others to consider him ...

It broke my heart to surrender him to PAWS because it was just so obvious that this dog needed a loving family, he just craved human contact so much -- but we just couldn't take care of another pup. I was also getting pretty depressed when no one posted to this thread for so, so your reply helped a lot.

It's just a pity we won't know who adopted him.

Still, you're right -- I believe he'll find himself a home if he hasn't already. Thank you again!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my