Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Sports, Schutzhund, Protection, Tracking,.....: Schutzhund & Protection Dogs:
Just wondering if there is a Schutzhund training get together going on in the Klang Valley?

K9mon
Novice

Jan 22, 2004, 8:29 PM

Post #1 of 16 (9829 views)
Shortcut
Just wondering if there is a Schutzhund training get together going on in the Klang Valley? Can't Post

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if there are any schutzhund get-together training going on in the Klang Valley. I'm eager to join those who already started the training and would like to learn to be a helper.Smile

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 23, 2004, 9:16 AM

Post #2 of 16 (9824 views)
Shortcut
Re: [K9mon] Just wondering if there is a Schutzhund training get together going on in the Klang Valley? [In reply to] Can't Post

K9mon = Canine Monster? Smile

Anyway, can you tell us a bit more about yourself?

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

K9mon
Novice

Jan 24, 2004, 7:05 AM

Post #3 of 16 (9811 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] Just wondering if there is a Schutzhund training get together going on in the Klang Valley? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes indeed... K9mon is short for Canine Monster.

Well, the reason I chose this name is because I like Pokemon and since they don't have a k9mon and I'll create one of my own.Smile

Just like Ash in the Pokemon series I learned about schutzhund through a demonstration by Michael Lee at Padang Merbok. It was love at first sight.

Well, unlike Ash who owns a Pikachu, I own a GSD. I'm now on my journey to learn more about the sport and to be standing in the very stadium just like Michael did. Hopefully that dream will come true one day.

PSD, I suppose that is short for Police Service Dog right? Are you really in the Police K9 unit?

boon
Doggyman

Jan 24, 2004, 11:16 AM

Post #4 of 16 (9803 views)
Shortcut
Re: [K9mon] Just wondering if there is a Schutzhund training get together going on in the Klang Valley? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi K9mon,

Nice to have u here with us, when i saw ur nick name i was thinking mon must be something to do with pokemon and there u go.............Wink

'Ash' remind me the cartoon/pokemon forum what bluetoise2020 belongs to, do you know him/her ?Crazy

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

K9mon
Novice

Jan 24, 2004, 8:48 PM

Post #5 of 16 (9795 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Just wondering if there is a Schutzhund training get together going on in the Klang Valley? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi K9mon,

Nice to have u here with us, when i saw ur nick name i was thinking mon must be something to do with pokemon and there u go.............Wink

'Ash' remind me the cartoon/pokemon forum what bluetoise2020 belongs to, do you know him/her ?Crazy

Boon,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Nope I dunno anyone in the forum you have mentioned above.

I am a big fan of Pokemon because I saw some qualities that is similar to dog training i.e. the bonding that comes from unconditional love from the trainer to the pet, the trainer's passion for competing with other trainers, the teamwork between the trainer and the pet, the joy and willingness of the pet to please its trainer, and last but not least the trainability of the pet and the dedication from the trainer.

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 26, 2004, 9:48 PM

Post #6 of 16 (9775 views)
Shortcut

I am a big fan of Pokemon because I saw some qualities that is similar to dog training i.e. the bonding that comes from unconditional love from the trainer to the pet, the trainer's passion for competing with other trainers, the teamwork between the trainer and the pet, the joy and willingness of the pet to please its trainer, and last but not least the trainability of the pet and the dedication from the trainer.

Oh Pokemon, How old are you actually?

How far have your dog gone on his training?

PSD

Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

K9mon
Novice

Jan 27, 2004, 7:55 PM

Post #7 of 16 (9759 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] Just wondering if there is a Schutzhund training get together going on in the Klang Valley? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Oh Pokemon, How old are you actually?

How far have your dog gone on his training?

Is age a problem? So the next thing I assume you might ask is are you Male or Female. Therefore, I'm going to ask you inadvance is "does it matter"?

Well, I consider myself a beginner and I'm still working on his drive work for approximately one year already.

From puppy he doesn't like to get near to anyone (Btw I got him from a dog trader) ... It took me 2 months to get close to him. Eversince I've been playing with him using "Gunny" sacks and slowly develop his bite work. I noticed that his confidence increase in conjunction with his bite work. He is now able to bite in full mounth grip.

Well, I have read comments from people saying genetics plays a big part and I agree with it only 50% (ofcourse I don't expect a Chihuahua to bite in full mouth grip on a training sleve, that genetic part I can agree with)... all I wanted to say is that drive work can be developed thru proper training, dedication, and love for the dog despite that the dog is not from 100% pure working blood line.

Talking about gunshot shyness and loud noises, I have tested it when my family was playing the "fire-crackers" during the recent CNY. At first when there were few lound noise from the fire-crackers, he took one step back and immediately he recovered very well (showing the eagerness to find out what was that?), and I brought him to inspect the leftover to satisfy his curiousity.

So again I would like to stress that confidence and courage can be developed but slowly. So when people told me about what a German bloodline dog can do and other dogs can't I get turn off. Besides I'm not financially rich to import a DDR line or whatever line. Schutzhund is just a sport and I'll just make do with whatever line I can get in Malaysia.

Just shoot me if you disagree with my opinion. Afterall I'm still watching Pokemon.Mad

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 27, 2004, 8:58 PM

Post #8 of 16 (9752 views)
Shortcut

Hmmm! I tot that was a relevant question to ask. You do sounded like someone I know.....well maybe I might be mistaken. Anyway, I'm sure someone in Klang Valley will respond to you. good luck.

P.S. Naw, I would want to shoot you. Tongue

PSD

(This post was edited by PSD on Jan 27, 2004, 9:01 PM)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jan 31, 2004, 4:49 AM

Post #9 of 16 (9718 views)
Shortcut

Hello,Smile

Welcome to the forum.

At the moment there is no official training/get to gether...not yet. But do watch out in the future.

Some friends however do hv short training sessions from time to time. I will talk to them and see how it goes. Think it will be alright for you to join but I hv to ask first since it's not my place,nor my dogs.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

calvinsam
Novice

Apr 16, 2005, 2:55 AM

Post #10 of 16 (9145 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Just wondering if there is a Schutzhund training get together going on in the Klang Valley? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi all of u,

finally i found the dog lover is talking about schh in klang valley,nice to meet u all!!!Smile

i hope to meet u all,hard to find a trainer for training schh,most og them is training a guard dog.

hope to hear from u all.any news pls let me known and can i join when u all training ur dog?

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

May 2, 2005, 6:13 AM

Post #11 of 16 (9031 views)
Shortcut
Re: [calvinsam] Just wondering if there is a Schutzhund training get together going on in the Klang Valley? [In reply to] Can't Post

loads of ppl interested, but few can commit themselves. Pirate

FredAl
Novice

May 2, 2005, 4:46 PM

Post #12 of 16 (9007 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Well, I have read comments from people saying genetics plays a big part and I agree with it only 50% (ofcourse I don't expect a Chihuahua to bite in full mouth grip on a training sleve, that genetic part I can agree with)... all I wanted to say is that drive work can be developed thru proper training, dedication, and love for the dog despite that the dog is not from 100% pure working blood line.

So again I would like to stress that confidence and courage can be developed but slowly.

The important canine drives and working traits required in a working or sport dog are genetic. If the drives are not present, they cannot be developed. How can you improve upon something that's not there in the first place?

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 3, 2005, 8:04 PM

Post #13 of 16 (8969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FredAl] Just wondering if there is a Schutzhund training get together going on in the Klang Valley? [In reply to] Can't Post

means just working group can be trained? thought they r from the same ansaster?

FredAl
Novice

May 5, 2005, 5:09 PM

Post #14 of 16 (8939 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] Just wondering if there is a Schutzhund training get together going on in the Klang Valley? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
means just working group can be trained? thought they r from the same ansaster?

That's not what I said. Re-read my post. We are discussing SchH here, and the traits I mentioned refer to working traits for the sport.

Since you mentioned something about ancestry, I'll just point out that it only takes a couple of generations of breeding without regard for working traits, and those genetic working traits get weeded out.

joshyong
Novice

Aug 26, 2005, 12:25 AM

Post #15 of 16 (8718 views)
Shortcut

Hi K9mon,

sch team already here in KL....!!!! in fact v did a demo at UPM this month!!! btw if u have seen Mic Lee did some stuff at padang merbok I sure u might know there are training at padang merbok now every weekend !!!

chating are good for getting to know each other and information but i strongly believe u should bring ur dog out and work him out with us.

v welcome u to join us .

cheers

K9mon
Novice

Oct 29, 2005, 8:48 PM

Post #16 of 16 (8611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joshyong] Just wondering if there is a Schutzhund training get together going on in the Klang Valley? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi josh,

Finally something is happening in Malaysia.

All this while I thought this will take longer time to happen.

I'm happy to hear this and would be glad to meet them.

Cheers

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my