Home: Breed Specific: Working Group:
Dog Breeds under the Working Group

Khoobg
Webmaster

Nov 20, 2002, 5:16 PM

Post #1 of 12 (3786 views)
Shortcut
Dog Breeds under the Working Group Can't Post

Dog Breeds under the Working Group (MKA's list)

WORKING GROUP
  • Alaskan Malamute
  • Beauceron
  • Bernese Mountain Dog
  • Bouvier Des Flanders
  • Boxer
  • Bullmastiff
  • Canadian Eskimo Dog
  • Dobermann
  • Dogue De Bordeaux
  • German Pinscher
  • Giant Schnauzer
  • Great Dane
  • Greenland Dog
  • Hovawart
  • Leonberger
  • Mastiff
  • Neapolitan Mastiff
  • Newfoundland
  • Portuguese Water Dog
  • Pyrenean Mastiff
  • Rottweiler
  • Russian Black Terrier
  • St. Bernard
  • Siberian Husky
  • Tibetan Mastiff

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

HWONG
Novice

Nov 20, 2002, 9:26 PM

Post #2 of 12 (3773 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Dog Breeds under the Working Group [In reply to] Can't Post

Are there any Great Dane Kakis who would like to share your experiences. My Fawn pup is now 6 months old. He is growing rapidly and I am very careful not to overfeed. I am told that I should be able to see some ribs and as long as the hip bone does not protrude, it is the right weight for the Dane. He was on a large breed puppy chicken diet with corn base which has 26% protein . He developed some lumps under his coat. Acne or sores have been ruled out and I am told it is likely excess protein. He also has dandruff like skin and losing fur. I have done 2 things. a)switch his food to Lamp and rice with 24% protein,b) applied skin treatment containing a zinc xx compound whch was given by Andy.

I am still struggling to keep his ear taped. Hope to hear from fellow Dane kakis. Rgds.

kathleen.tay
Canine Addict

Nov 21, 2002, 12:42 AM

Post #3 of 12 (3762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HWONG] Dog Breeds under the Working Group [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi !

Same like Wong .. I'm also looking out if there's anyone out there has a Saint Bernard as well ... would like to change opinion on how to managed her better .... oh and for large breeds like ours , Wong I understand that if we tend to overfeed them it could lead to hips dysplacia , which my saint has from the day I adopted her ... now she is with me for 6 months already and I have to ask her to go on diet Unsure . So poor thing each time after meal she looks like as if she does not have enough Unimpressed but what to do ? No choice .

Hope to hear from Saint's lovers !
A Dog Never Lies About Love

lynn
New User

Dec 14, 2002, 5:03 AM

Post #4 of 12 (3684 views)
Shortcut
Hovawart [In reply to] Can't Post

Has anyone seen Hovawarts in this country? They are beautiful dogs indeed and great working dogs on the farm. But they are rarely seen outside of Germany.

Elly
ALPHA

Dec 18, 2002, 7:26 AM

Post #5 of 12 (3668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HWONG] Dog Breeds under the Working Group [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Hwong,

I do have a dane and she is 2 yrs old now. Well, before I got my dane, friends were telling me not to get as they eat a lot, got temperement problem ...stuff like that.

After all, I would definately say, I will get another Dane if she die next time (touch wordAngelic). She is so attach to me and really a very obidient dog. I would say she is a gentle giant. Dane loves to sleep on a couch. Wherever there is aircond, there goes my Lady. She will sleep like nobody business.Sly

My dane did had a problem once where her coat got dandruff, lossing hair stuff like that. All you need to do is, get your dane a T-tree soup. It will cost you only 3-4 bucks. Take bath for her everyday with warm water (33-35 degree). You will see the results within days. After that, just take like once in 2/3 days.

You can actually revise back my posting coz I did post my problem and Uncle Derrick and Boon taught me this.

My dane is a Blue Dane. Maybe whenever u r free, can always drop by my house to take a look. She is fine with human beings..not with hairy dogs. I do have a basset as well. Sasha (Basset Hound) came into the family 6 months ago. Lady loves her so much. She will clean her ears every now and then. Smile But of course used to fight lah last time...Wink

I will bring Lady to the Xmas party on this coming Saturday. Will you be there? Maybe we meet you there then.

Till then, Cheers mike! Anything if you feel like asking, get reach me thru msn messenger and Icq

msn: ellyssc@hotmail.com

icq#: 120121808

Regards,

Elly

metay
Enthusiast

Mar 10, 2003, 10:12 PM

Post #6 of 12 (3500 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Dog Breeds under the Working Group [In reply to] Can't Post

Does anyone have Bernese Mountain who can share their experiences with me??? i adopted her on january 2003 and she is 2 yrs old.The only problem that i worry about is her eyes. Frown Her eyes always have discharge and red in colour. I think she have the discharge quite some time ago before i adopted her.i took her to see vet for so many times, but was told that her eyes was fine & do not have any infection. Can anyone help me out on this, as i afraid she might be blind.FrownShe also have some lumps under her coats.Can anyone pls advice me on this??? Thanks in advance.Wink

WinkHope to hear from Bernese "s loversWink

Best Regards

TongueMetayTongue

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jun 16, 2003, 11:10 PM

Post #7 of 12 (3291 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lynn] Hovawart [In reply to] Can't Post

Definately agree with you lynn. Hovawarts are beautiful dogs...anyone knows a breeder of this breed...or have actually seen one in the country..?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

chris78
K9 Maniac

Jul 4, 2003, 12:52 PM

Post #8 of 12 (3248 views)
Shortcut
Re: [metay] Dog Breeds under the Working Group [In reply to] Can't Post

hi metay,

I am sorry to hear about your dog condition. I have thought of getting a Bernese as well but do not know whether the weather will be suitable if I am going to get one over here in UK. If you do know more about this breed, please do let me know. By the way, perhaps I can give you a number to call regarding the condition of your dog if you want.

cassie
Dog Kichi

Nov 17, 2003, 11:17 PM

Post #9 of 12 (3002 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Hovawart [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi RealityDreamer
Go to www.dogbreedinfo.com click on breeds alphabetical under breed search then look for Hovawart and click on it after that click on find a breeder.Smile

Cassie

liswarhol
ALPHA

Nov 18, 2003, 12:13 AM

Post #10 of 12 (2997 views)
Shortcut

hi there…Smile

hmmm my puggies have sensitive eyes too and can be problematic if not taken good care. the one that you can see is hiley and another one with my sis, jackie.

bothd gets eyes discharge as well but it's been better for long time now as my vet advice me to feed them with children's cod liver oil (seven seas). to prevent further i also feed them steam carrots alternate days (1/2 carrot each time).

i used to find it disturbing especially when they like to rub their face on my clothes and afraid might due to infection or so. they are ok now, maybe you can try…it's 100% natural after all Smile.
cheers : lisa,hiley & jadite

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 18, 2003, 3:32 AM

Post #11 of 12 (2991 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cassie] Hovawart [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Smile

I hv tried that but the breeder referrals are for breeders in other countries. Not M'sia. I've also tried calling MKA but they do not have any Havawarts registered. Have been asking other friends but they do not know anyone who owns one..........yet. I'm hoping for Hovawarts privately owned and perhaps unregistered with MKA.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

shawntan
New User

May 20, 2004, 7:13 PM

Post #12 of 12 (2645 views)
Shortcut

hi metay,

can u please tell me where u bought your Bernese Mountain and how?

::ShawnTAN::Wink
shawntan99@hotmail.com

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my