Nov 20, 2002, 8:01 AM
Post #1 of 2
Utility Group General Info and Statistics
For those who are interested, under the, the Utility Group consists of the following 25 recognised breeds listed alphabatically:
Boston Terrier, Bulldog, Canaan Dog, Chow Chow, Dalmation, French Bulldog, German Spitz (Klien), German Spitz (Mittel), Japanese Akita, Japanese Shiba Inu, Japanese Spitz, Keeshound, Leonberger, Lhasa Apso, Mexican Hairless, Miniature Schnauzer, Poodle (Standard), Poddle (Miniature), Poddle (Toy), Schipperke, Standard Schnauzer, Shar Pei, Shih Tzu, Tibetan Spaniel, Tibetan Terrier.
To make things more interesting, I'll try to locate the appropriate pictures for this utility group and post it up later. As they say, a picture paints a thousand words!
Also, here's some related statistics:
- MKA registered 14,848 dogs in 2001. Of this, the utility group makes up approximately 23.6% of the overall total with 3510 dogs registered. The breakdown is listed below:
Rank Breed Total Imported
1. Shih Tzu 2014 (32)
2. Dalmation 972 (1)
3. Mini Schnauzer 232 (18)
4. Chow Chow 184 (13)
5. Poodle(Toy) 30 (2)
6. Bulldog 23 (7)
7. Poodle(Mini) 18 -
8. French Bulldog 11 (3)
9. Leonberger 10 -
10. Japanese Akita 9 -
11 Boston Terrier 6 (2)
12. Lhasa Apso 1 (1)
- Total number of dogs includes the imported dogs. Most popular breed is Shih Tzu's at 57%!
- Sourced from the registration 2001 list as published in Berita Anjing Oct-Dec 2001 issue.
- Sadly, none of the utility breeds made it to the top 10 list of the dog of the year 2001.
- Webmaster, please feel free to edit/delete any unintended copyright info from this posting.