No Poo Poo

kbs
Enthusiast

Nov 19, 2002, 11:15 PM

Post #1 of 3 (780 views)
Shortcut
No Poo Poo Can't Post

Hi all,

I need some advise on snuffy. She hasn't been pooing for the past three days already.Frown

Last Thursday night, she had very bad diarrhae (7 times & vomitted 3 times), Friday, she diarrhae twice and vommited once. on the same night, she diarrhae once very badly and with blood (fresh blood) and no vommit. Saturday, she poo once again with blood and I brought her to the vet immediately, the vet had her blood test, temperature etc but the vet told me she is fine and she most probably consumed something she can't digest. The vet gave her antibiotic and diarrhae pill. I only gave the diarrhae pill once since Saturday and since then, no poo poo from her at all.

Since I discovered she suffer from diarrhae last week, I have been feeding her boiled chicken breast and lots' of water. She pee alot more than normal but just no poo poo at all. She is still very active, playful.

Anybody has any idea what this can be?

Worried,
KBS

lisachew

Nov 21, 2002, 6:20 PM

Post #2 of 3 (757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kbs] No Poo Poo [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello

I think the medcine your vet gave you is to prevent dogs from diarrhae. So it is really kicking in. Or maybe that food that consumed by Snuffy has gone for better cause after so much of ... diarrhae for so many days?

Well, if it still persist you need to bring Snuffy to vet again.

GOOD LUCK and send my well wishes to Snuffy too.
Regards
Lisa

"A dash of lion, several teaspoons of rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of a beggar, a tablespoon of monkey, one part baby seal, and a dash of teddy bear." - shih tzu

silky
Novice

Nov 28, 2002, 5:35 PM

Post #3 of 3 (737 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kbs] No Poo Poo [In reply to] Can't Post

Pumpkin will cure constipation if she hasn't poo for 3 days.

I'm not sure is the boiled chicken breast make her sick, although it may not be the first time she's taking it. Although I'm pretty new to dog, but I think I have read alot about diet. Dogs are not suppose to eat boiled food. Its too soft for them. Have you tried BARF?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my