Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Keep her IN or OUT

silky
Novice

Nov 18, 2002, 6:35 PM

Post #1 of 2 (662 views)
Shortcut
Keep her IN or OUT Can't Post

I have a 6 mth silky terrier and stay in a condo enjoying the Malaysian weather. I prefer to lock out my dog in the balcony during our sleeping time so that she will not mess around our house. My balcony has no window enclosure, so it allow fresh air. I have these questions:

1) Will it be too cold for her? What sought of temperature can a silky terrier withstand?

2) Will it be too stuffy for a dog if I keep her indoor as we normally closed all windows when we retire to bed.

Thanks for advise.

alicia
Enthusiast

Nov 19, 2002, 5:31 PM

Post #2 of 2 (646 views)
Shortcut
Re: [silky] Keep her IN or OUT [In reply to] Can't Post

Please don't leave her on the balcony. She may fall to her death. Even if the rail is solid, you'll be surpirsed at how high dogs can jump especially when bored or upset. Also, if she barks, then she'll disturb your neighbours!

If you don't want her to mess in your house, toilettrain her. Also invest in a crate so that you can confine her during the night. Don't give her any food or water after 7 pm if you go to be around 9/10 pm.

I have two dogs. Sheeri is totally toilet trained and would rather die than foul in our bedroom or "her" space ( i.e the whole house except the bathroom and one balcony). Monty on the other hand still has accidents. Had one last night because it was raining and we couldn't take them for their nightly walk. He waited and waited and still no walk. So I guess then he had no choice but to go in our bedroom. So we just clean it up and bear in mind that it was really our fault because dogs really need their routine.

Hope this helps.
Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my