Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Sports, Schutzhund, Protection, Tracking,.....: Schutzhund Events, Trials (Local and Wordwide):
2004 Australain Nationals

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

MalsInOz
Novice

Jan 14, 2004, 6:30 AM

Post #1 of 76 (35793 views)
Shortcut
2004 Australain Nationals Can't Post

2004 Australian United Sportdog Club National Championship.

The 2004 AUSC Nationals is held on the Queens Birthday Long Weekend which this year falls on 12th, 13th & 14th June. We haven't got set dates yet but I would presume the actual competition will be held Friday 11th to Sunday the 13th, giving interstate visitors a day to drive home.

Judge this year is Mr. Mike West of GSDCA-WDA. (German Shepherd Dog Club of America - Working Dog Association)

I will post here as soon as these dates are confirmed.

The week leading up to the event there will be a lot of training going on at various places in Brisbane & the Gold Coast. Spectators welcome.

There will be dogs of all levels from BH thru to SchH3.

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 8:03 AM

Post #2 of 76 (35788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MalsInOz] 2004 Australain Nationals [In reply to] Can't Post

MalsInOz,
Thanks for sharing the info.

Anyone from puppycom is planning to go for the show in June???

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

rebooto
ALPHA

Jan 14, 2004, 5:25 PM

Post #3 of 76 (35781 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] 2004 Australain Nationals [In reply to] Can't Post

...u think really got ppl go for just this type events around the worlds arr????

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 5:39 PM

Post #4 of 76 (35779 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rebooto] 2004 Australain Nationals [In reply to] Can't Post

Why not???

serious show kaki will go for dog shows around the world. Why not serious SchH ppl of course to go for this kind of world class events? If you are also into such an event, you can feel free to attend it too and have your long vacation there, one stone kills two birds.Cool

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

rebooto
ALPHA

Jan 14, 2004, 5:42 PM

Post #5 of 76 (35776 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] 2004 Australain Nationals [In reply to] Can't Post

aiya...me not so rich la...hehehe

somemore my shih tzu cannot be a Schutzhund pup la...hahaha looks wierd afteward...every1 laugh...LaughLaughLaugh

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

boon
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 5:44 PM

Post #6 of 76 (35776 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Just to share this with u, even there are some people from the north went to the world schh trial with their schh3 dogs.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

rebooto
ALPHA

Jan 14, 2004, 5:48 PM

Post #7 of 76 (35775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] 2004 Australain Nationals [In reply to] Can't Post

ohh yeah, that i notice 'cause their pup participate in it....

but i guess there is only real small amount of ppl who really travel around the world just to see see and look look at the events...

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jan 14, 2004, 5:56 PM

Post #8 of 76 (35770 views)
Shortcut

Hi Rebooto,

The post was meant for serious SCH people and for their information. It is definitely not a place to discuss whether how many people is going or will there be anyone going. For your information, people that involve in the SCH sport in this country is still very small and yet we have a special section to cater to such need.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

rebooto
ALPHA

Jan 14, 2004, 6:26 PM

Post #9 of 76 (35768 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] 2004 Australain Nationals [In reply to] Can't Post

sorry!

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 14, 2004, 6:33 PM

Post #10 of 76 (35765 views)
Shortcut

Evan,

Thanks. I will see and make some schedule arrangement. Hopefully I can make it. Are you participating with your Mal? BH or SchH 1? This will be a good learning experience for us and perhaps one day when SchH really kicks off in Malaysia, you can come over and visit us. i'm really crossing my fingers on this.

Reboto,

hehehehe I'm one such crazy people willing to buy tickets just to see dogs and man in action....Tongue Anyone want to join me?........lol Sponsors are also accepted....kakakakakakak

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

boon
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 10:35 PM

Post #11 of 76 (35754 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] 2004 Australain Nationals [In reply to] Can't Post

HI.....

u wanna to sponsor me ?

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

rebooto
ALPHA

Jan 14, 2004, 11:06 PM

Post #12 of 76 (35750 views)
Shortcut

well, i would love to join but cash flows is holding me back!!

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

MalsInOz
Novice

Jan 15, 2004, 1:18 AM

Post #13 of 76 (35741 views)
Shortcut

Hi PSD,

Yes I plan to compete at Schutzhund 1 level. My girl is coming along very, very well!Cool If all continues on the same path we should be extremely competitive.

We have 2 or 3 other dogs from our club that we will try to get to compete at SchH1 - another Mal (my girls Dam) a Dobe and a GSD. Then we have a GSD bitch SchH1 that we will try to get to SchH2 for the Championship but she is heavily pregnant right now so we will only have a few months to tidy her up. At the top of the heap our training director Dr. Gabi Hoffman will be competeing SchH3 with "Axel" again this year, he is the defending Champion. So we are hoping for an excellent result for our club!

Reboto.. Hello,Smile

The Nationals 2004 is at the Gold Coast in Queensland - very popular holiday destination, so checking out dogs and training can be just a small part of your holiday!!Cool

Regards,

Evan

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Jan 15, 2004, 5:01 AM

Post #14 of 76 (35733 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MalsInOz,PSD,Boon,mackmack] 2004 Australain Nationals [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Evan,

Thanx for letting us know so early of the ScH trial program. If ScH really takes off over here ....going over & learning a thing or two from ur trial should be interesting.....! Cool

PSD,Boon,mackie,
So guys what do U think.....sounds like a good idea, rite....! !

Hey !... maybe if time permit ...we can even ask Evan to can take some time off frm his training to bring us around.....he he he...!!SlySlyLaugh

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
(GSD Founder - Capt Max V Stephanitz)

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Jan 15, 2004, 7:05 AM

Post #15 of 76 (35726 views)
Shortcut

It would be excellent if you could confirm the dates ASAP, I may just block my schedule and if things go with minimal hitch this year, I may just go Cool

MalsInOz
Novice

Jan 15, 2004, 12:41 PM

Post #16 of 76 (35716 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wildgunsr] 2004 Australain Nationals [In reply to] Can't Post

OK I have more accurate dates/schedule for all of us.Smile

Basic Schedule for 2004 AUSC National Championship.

Friday 11th June - BH, OB and FH
Saturday 12th/Sunday 13th - SchH 1, 2 & 3
Monday 14th June - Seminar with 2004 Nationals Judge Mike West

OB and TR are new Obedience & Tracking only titles. Levels are 1, 2 & 3 and follow exactly the same routine as for each level of the SchH titles.

The dog must have BH to attempt either OB or TR titles.

Practice sessions with the Trial Helpers are usually available on the Wednesday & Thursday before competition starts.

MalsInOz

boon
Doggyman

Jan 15, 2004, 4:41 PM

Post #17 of 76 (35709 views)
Shortcut

Hi Evan,

the schedule looks good, hope our members here can make it....ok lets start the interested members :-

1. Boon

2. PSD

3. Polluxx

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 15, 2004, 5:46 PM

Post #18 of 76 (35706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] 2004 Australain Nationals [In reply to] Can't Post

Boon,

I was hoping some good samaritan would lay pity on me and sponsor me over to the coast for some look, see and learn from Ausie mates to start SchH in Malaysia.......kakakakakak. I could be the tour guide and become private comentator to you guys during the event....lol

PSD

Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 15, 2004, 5:52 PM

Post #19 of 76 (35705 views)
Shortcut

Reboto,

Dont worry. Hopefully Malaysia's economy goes for the better. Then easier on your pockets for the future. Either that or perhaps you need to be bitten harder by the SchH bug. Then you will have the fever that I'm now having....lol......but not with your Shi Tzu though....Laugh

PSD

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 15, 2004, 5:59 PM

Post #20 of 76 (35705 views)
Shortcut

Evan,

Congrats on the participation. I'm sure you are now having the euphoria and great anticipation going eh? We wish you all the best but knowing you, just give it the best show on that day and knock everyone off their seats.Smile

So BTW all in all, how many dogs at all levels are expected to be there?

PSD

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 15, 2004, 6:01 PM

Post #21 of 76 (35705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Polluxx] 2004 Australain Nationals [In reply to] Can't Post

Poll,

Better make sure book your leave earlier this time. 5 months plus notice should be enough for you rite....kakakaka

PSD

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 15, 2004, 6:05 PM

Post #22 of 76 (35703 views)
Shortcut

Evan,

One question. OB and TR as new onedience and tracking what do you mean by that? I know FH but I dont know TR. Appreciate if you can list down the format of this new OB and TR. Thanks mate.

PSD

boon
Doggyman

Jan 15, 2004, 6:18 PM

Post #23 of 76 (35701 views)
Shortcut

Hi PSD,

Hehehhe... come to think of it, i think i can be the tour guide too, rump steak in Ashley, Mud Crab all over the coast area and....my favorite Subway...and Origin Kebab....muakakkakkaka....

MalsInOz
Novice

Jan 15, 2004, 6:27 PM

Post #24 of 76 (35700 views)
Shortcut

PSD and others interested -

The OB & TR titles are single phase titles - they do not count toward a SchH title, but are designed to generate more interest in the sport and give people something to aim for when they're between SchH levels. My personal opinion is that they were bought in as a way to attract more participants and keep some of those that start out but then realise their dog is just not cut out to do the Protection work.

OB - just SchH Obedience Phase, example:

OB1 same as SchH1 Obedience routine
OB2 same as SchH2 Obedience routine
OB3 same as SchH3 Obedience routine

TR - same, just the Tracking Phase

TR1 same as SchH1 Track
TR2 same as SchH2 Track
TR3 same as SchH3 Track

So really you could have OB3 & TR3 before you even attempted SchH1! I see some people will just do OB titles, apparently this is becoming an issue in Europe & the US where some clubs are forming that don't do any Protection work at all!

Are these new titles a good thing? MmmmmmCrazy!!

I say when it comes to my training time & our club resources - people that don't have SchH titles as their ultimate goal will be last on the list!!

MalsInOz

MalsInOz
Novice

Jan 15, 2004, 7:11 PM

Post #25 of 76 (35697 views)
Shortcut

"...So BTW all in all, how many dogs at all levels are expected to be there?..."

Yes I'd really like to make sure people had a good idea of what they were coming to see so we have no disappointmentShocked. It's a long way to come and find something less than expected!

2002 Nationals approx. 6 BH's / 3 SchH1 / 2 SchH2 / 6 SchH3

2003 Nationals 7 BH / 2 SchH1 / 2 SchH2 / 4 SchH3

2004 Nationals - I think at least 6 BH / 4 SchH1 / 2 SchH2 / 4 SchH3 hopefully twice this number!Wink

So you can see that after 10 years or more of SchH in Australia we are still a relatively small group!

Spectator numbers are also quite small, with the protection phase obviously bringing in the most!Cool From memory I think we would have had only approx 75 spectators for Protection Phase at the 2003 event in Melbourne!

The standard you will see varies a lot - a couple may be very ordinary but have entered for the experience or to support the trial, with the majority being serious about it but really only to a good or very good level - then you have the big guns, the "meisterschaft", especially Dr. Hoffman with Axel - they are a genuine world class team!

I'm being totally honest as you can see - I'm not one to encourage people to travel all that way at such expense for something they were not expecting!!!Mad

MalsInOz

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my