Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
A home in turmoil

Claysdad
New User

Nov 17, 2002, 8:06 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1104 views)
Shortcut
A home in turmoil Can't Post

Hello! I should start by saying that I'm owned by an English Bulldog named Claymore who will be turning 1 at the beginning of December. He and I are best pals, and he will bring a smile to my face when nothing else can.

We also have five children, which is one of the primary reasons we chose to add a bulldog to our family. The breed has a reputation for gentleness with children. Unfortunately, Claymore exhibits no such gentleness. He will mostly behave with my wife and I, which is to say that he'll constantly pace or vigorously lick us, but usually nothing more. With anyone else, however, he immediately attempts to mount or aggressively rough house. It has gotten to the point that my children fear him and we cannot have guests over. In the next two months we will be getting him into obedience training as well as fixed (finances prevent us from doing it sooner), and hopefully this will bring our house back to a functioning level. I wish I could say that this is just a phase, but he's been this way since he was just a wee pup. I refuse to give up on him, though!

alicia
Enthusiast

Nov 19, 2002, 5:41 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1086 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Claysdad] A home in turmoil [In reply to] Can't Post

Our thoughts and best wishes are with you. Keep us posted on the progress. Btw, how old are you kids?
Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 21, 2002, 12:03 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Claysdad] A home in turmoil [In reply to] Can't Post

Good luck with your dog!

-= Tisha =-

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my