First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Zoe
Novice

Jan 13, 2004, 11:46 AM

Post #1 of 58 (2528 views)
Shortcut
'Old' Member, New Intro Can't Post

Hi all,

Joined months ago but did not have the time to introduce ourselves. Also did not come in here often. I've just finished touring this site for the first time and found this intro corner.

We're a hubby & wifey team with a daughter with a tail.

Residing in Segambut/Kepong, KL - depends on who you talk to.

Zoe is a 16-month young GR, 'rescued' from a breeder who's about to sell her off. Youngest in a brood of six, she was the largest and naughtiest. Daddy's American (champ), mummy is Thai (commoner).

Zoe's previous life was a duck (we think).

We're always late to those gatherings at KK or 1-Utama and do not get to meet too many members there. But Zoe will always be caught swimming in the pond/lake there.

We'll try to post some of the pics fr meets up in the gallery section - time permiting. So, if you guys find yourselves/loved ones in there and want a better resolution copy for personal printing/keeping, do let me/us know via email.

We send our best regards to all especially our Web Master for doing such a fine job keeping this site fresh.

rebooto
ALPHA

Jan 13, 2004, 4:57 PM

Post #2 of 58 (2524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Zoe] 'Old' Member, New Intro [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Hi,

a warm welcome then to ur family....hehehe

well, i think i saw ur pup there in the pond...but just don't know which 1....hahahahha

there is too many GR really like water....Wink

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Jan 13, 2004, 6:55 PM

Post #3 of 58 (2516 views)
Shortcut

Hello and Welcome!! Wink

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jan 13, 2004, 7:56 PM

Post #4 of 58 (2510 views)
Shortcut

Hi Zoe,

Welcome back then..

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 13, 2004, 7:57 PM

Post #5 of 58 (2510 views)
Shortcut

Hi there!!

Not too late to say Welcome to the forum!! Tongue

Haha... Why do you think that Zoe was a duck in her prev life? Is it the way she walks or she just loves to swim?? Tongue

Anyway, hope to see you at the next gathering... Tongue

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2004, 11:30 PM

Post #6 of 58 (2505 views)
Shortcut

Hi Zoe...

welcome welcome.... another retriever fan eh~Wink
envy u soooo much!! my doesn't know how to swim. shame shame!

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 12:01 AM

Post #7 of 58 (2503 views)
Shortcut

welcome welcome...

zoe is so cute....and cheeky look seems so pasted on her face...

welcome welcome...and have fun!

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 12:02 AM

Post #8 of 58 (2502 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] 'Old' Member, New Intro [In reply to] Can't Post

huh?

isn't swimming a doggie thingy?

am training shalom to swim in the bathtub now...she seems ok with the water risinh...only if it is warm...SPOILT BRAT!

ladee_m
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 1:11 AM

Post #9 of 58 (2500 views)
Shortcut

Hi Zoe and Parents Smile !

Cool Welcome Wink... so glad to have a nice intro about yourselves... hope to meet you guys at the next gathering... my bf owns 2 gr too... he'll be glad to meet fellow dr owners...

You mention that you rescued Zoe from a "breeder who was gonna sell her off"...pls elaborate.... the linage sound familiar... just wanna know if its from the same person I came across... is the breeder from kepong too?...

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 4:20 AM

Post #10 of 58 (2498 views)
Shortcut

Hello! and welcome to the forum! Wink

Your avatar is really cute! Caught red-"handed" huh?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

nathalie
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 6:58 AM

Post #11 of 58 (2497 views)
Shortcut

Smilehi,

welcome....i have a 2.5 years old lab n a pom...

have u'll enjoy the site...it's great to know that u r another dog's saviour Smile

nathalie
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 7:01 AM

Post #12 of 58 (2496 views)
Shortcut

Smilehi,

mack mack does not know how to swim?

is she scared of the sea or the waves? my lab too....she's so afraid to even walk near the waves...

when we brought her for swimming, my pom'ld be the one swimming but she'll just stay on the shores n look FrownBlush

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 8:00 AM

Post #13 of 58 (2494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] 'Old' Member, New Intro [In reply to] Can't Post

my fault, never let jump into water before... in michigan, snow since october till next may, then during summer, i worked.... no chance to bring him into water, even i went fishing, he would be on leash also. i scared if the Rangers come, they saw kacau the fish!Blush

nowadays, just realised that he doesn't seem to enjoy bathing much. he's just..... a DRY duck.Crazy

Zoe
Novice

Jan 14, 2004, 9:44 AM

Post #14 of 58 (2490 views)
Shortcut

Hi all,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'll try answer everyone's comments/questions in one post. Smile

:
Does like girl-GR? Next time, let Zoe lead the way. Her current bf "Bush" (dont laugh!), hates water (baths, etc) but needed only 15mins at KK to jump right in to go after Zoe. Now, no more problems.

RealityDreamer & a_evie:
Avatar. Yup, had to snap even when camera was not ready. She had just been told not to play with that slipper and the next thing, she stole it and ran! Mummy was left rooted at the door. I grabbed the camera and just snapped. Didnt turn out well, needed to seriously 'gamma correct' the pic before use.

ladee_m:
Correction, Daddy is MAL CH. Great, grand daddies AM CH, one great grand mommy AM CH. Daddy's side is US, Mommy's side is Aust. Yes, breeder is Kepong. IMHO, subsequent litters not so 'nice', - case of over-whelped mother. And no, not really rescued, just bribed her to part with 'Delamo Juney' that night itself.

Okay, I'm back. Had to go wrestle Zoe with her 'stinky' rope. Did that w/o fail after meals.

aragorn2976:
Duck. Sadly, both. Zoe injured one leg when tiny. Still healing. Walked like HD dog but only on one leg. She trots okay tho. And she loves to swim. At K9 Day, had to be told to come out of the pond/lake at 1-Utama. Caught her several times wadding in our fish pond out back, blowing bubbles looking for fishes. Also got a baby pool but she doesnt want to play alone, I either had to be inside it or stand outside and watch her do her stuff. Else she'll bark & whine for me to get in. If I leave her to do something else, she'll climb out and go looking for me, water dripping all over the kitchen & living room. Want me to follow her back to the pool. You dont know whether to laugh or scold her. Sigh!

robooto:
The one that swam out so far chasing mineral water bottles. And finally had to negotiate to get her to come out of the pond.

Well, I hope I've addressed everyone here. FYI, wifey told me she has uploaded some of Zoe's pics in the gallery. Not sure which ones, perhaps the ones fr K9 Day.

PS. , give me some time with him and I think we're gonna wet yr dry duck in no time. Smile

Best regards to all.

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 10:22 AM

Post #15 of 58 (2489 views)
Shortcut

NO! he's a macho GR boy... fierce somemore.... agressive, dominant. but.... no fate with water Blush

nathalie
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 10:40 AM

Post #16 of 58 (2487 views)
Shortcut

same here..when we brought her back she's almost 1...when we brought her to the beachshe was so scared that my freind has to carry her but when she saw the wading waves..she'll run up to the shores

even when i pretend to drown..she was too scared to go near water..instead my pom jump to 'rescue' me.

when the caucasions saw her..they were laughing at her...coz u can really see how much she fears water...n she hates bathing..she'll never walk near the toilet Blush

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 10:48 AM

Post #17 of 58 (2486 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] 'Old' Member, New Intro [In reply to] Can't Post

we both have rare and special GR~Wink should treasure their "outstandings" behaviour too. not many GRs are like that~

Zoe
Novice

Jan 14, 2004, 10:58 AM

Post #18 of 58 (2484 views)
Shortcut

Err, what I meant was "Is macho enuf to like girl-GR?" If so, perhaps he might go smelling after Zoe into the water... Smile

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 11:00 AM

Post #19 of 58 (2483 views)
Shortcut

he's macho enough to Hump girls-GR too~
but guess he has more interest on Rex the lab of CDMOO. cant wait to attack him!!!

(This post was edited by mackmack on Jan 14, 2004, 11:01 AM)

Zoe
Novice

Jan 14, 2004, 11:08 AM

Post #20 of 58 (2480 views)
Shortcut

Hmm, now not too sure if Zoe will like . Zoe humps her bf, "Bush". Humps my pillow every time she climbs on the bed. Yes, I've checked. I looked underneath and saw pet-pet but no swinging thingie. But still could not unnerstand her wanting to hump. Putting two 'humpers' together is not good for our health. LOL.

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 5:28 PM

Post #21 of 58 (2478 views)
Shortcut

Hyper active GR are like that... was behaving like that when he was only 4 months old.... now, more well-behaved, but sometimes he seems like hump to be "in -control"....

timchan

Jan 14, 2004, 10:02 PM

Post #22 of 58 (2474 views)
Shortcut

Hi There,

First of all, Zoe look absolutely stunning though she had some minor dispositions.

Your posting really got my attention. Alright. I've got a few questions that I hope you could share with me your genuine opinions.

1. First, I would like to know if this breeder is still operating his/her breeding program?

2. As you mentioned, the subsequent puppies are not as "nice" due to over-whelping, did you found out the over-whelping condition before or after getting Delamo Juney?

3. About the leg injury, did she get that before you "bought" her or after? And if it is before, what did the breeder said about this?

If you do not feel appropriate to disclose and answer my questions here, please do send me a personal email to @yahoo.com

I would really appreciate it if you would share with me more on Delamo Juney's life. Hope you enjoy your stay here and most of all, hope to meet up with you too.

Cheers!!!

Zoe
Novice

Jan 15, 2004, 1:25 AM

Post #23 of 58 (2468 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, . I've read that humping is a dominant trait. She started humping her bean bags around the same age too. When she was younger, tried to hump me too. Had to hump her back & thoroughly so, to establish my 'Alpha' status. heh heh.

We need to ensure Zoe keeps her civil desposition as she has her 'fan club' all along the neighborhood - all kids. Also aggresive only as a defensive act, ie not attack first but only bare fangs when bared at. We'd rather she adopt a 'no friend you' stance instead of a "I'll fight you" stance. She accepts a bull mastif (Rambo) and a doberman (Number One) several hse down as her alphas but has no respect for "Bush".

I've read some postings last nite that some GRs may have misplaced socket which can be corrected by surgery. Not sure if this is Zoe's case. The other leg is perfectly normal. She's only 16 months and may not be too late to correct things. Any input?

Rgds.

Zoe
Novice

Jan 15, 2004, 2:14 AM

Post #24 of 58 (2466 views)
Shortcut
Re: [timchan] 'Old' Member, New Intro [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi timchan,

We're tending to agree that Zoe is looking 'better' for one born and raised in our hot climate. I've often compared her bone structure and overall size with others and found that she's 'not bad'. Only her smaller head (compared to ) and relatively slow growth of longish hair, although she's now sprouting better ones - keeping fingers crossed.

Just curious, do you have an issue with yr breeder? You can email us too if you prefer.

1. Yes, he's still operating. Kennel is under her name tho. They do advertize often with GR pups for sale.

2. After. We took Zoe to visit them months later and found that Zoe's mommy had just whelped and her puppies are up for sale. Whelped so soon after having Zoe? I dont think that's fair to mommy. At that time when we got Zoe, they've just brought in a sire fr Thailand, 'waiting to go into action'. I'd rather they give their mommies some rest. I'm sure you know what 'Delamo' stands for...

3. Zoe did not show any problems when we got her. Like I mentioned, Zoe was the biggest (although the youngest) and the most active of the lot. I wanted a mischievious/boisterous GR to train and to be the youngest and still out-grow the others really told me something abt her survival skills. We observed her for quite awhile before picking her. The breeder was concerned when they learned about Zoe's problem and came over to have a good look and provide recommendations. Her sister is normal. I still think Zoe's problem was due to an injury she got at our hse and not of poor breeding.

We may also be talking abt different breeders unless you managed to pick up the clues I've left here.

timchan

Jan 15, 2004, 2:30 AM

Post #25 of 58 (2463 views)
Shortcut

Hi There Zoe,

Well, whether there is any issues here or not, i'll like to email you if you could give me your email address. We will pick things up from there alright?

I assume that you still in contact with the breeder as you reside quite near his/her place right?

Anyway, I would really like to keep in touch with you privately and I appreciate your time and effort.

Hope to hear from you soon.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my