IN

Home: Dog and Puppy Training: House Breaking:
How To Teach My Dog Urine & Shit At Proper Place

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DoggiePuppy

Mar 19, 2004, 3:19 AM

Post #26 of 28 (2507 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ele_eve] How To Teach My Dog Urine & Shit At Proper Place [In reply to] Can't Post

Good that you define your problem more detail. Tearing up the newspaper is normal ler for puppy. Confining in my own terms can mean more than just tying up wan. You got a cage or little house for him? Or perhaps you can set up one or get one? Don't get one which size just fits your dog properly and he'll have no moving capabilities at all ler. That kinda confining maybe? But don't put him there all the time. Those are only for him `WHEN' you can't be around to monitor him and follow him around.

One thing I forgot to mention. Do you have a command for him to poo? I use poo poo for both urine and err...shit. Haha...easier. So what I do when I saw Zoe pooing is that I mention in a nice tone saying poo poo. This is to let her know that poopoo means do business ma. Even now that Zoe is ok with housebreaking I still do that when she poo's to strenghten the command in her head. Ok la not command.

Sometimes it gets useful. U should know the advice of after meals and when wake up is poo time, what you do during those potential time is that once you enforce and let him learn that poo means do business, those potential moments, u ask him whether he wants to do it or not. Wait and be patient for a while to see what he wants. If he don't want to go, let it be. But monitor him around. Why I say its useful also is that Zoe got the whole house, she can now go wherever we can go including our bed!!! HAha...so if she don't learn to poo at right place gone la us. She's a house dog. So At certain times, she'll haf her accidents, but then many times also when she's upstairs we'll ask her bout poo poo and she'll come down and go do her business. It is sort of like a reminder for her that, oh ya, I need to go la....oh...and its not here its at that place you always say poo poo when I do it, so I better go there, nicer, safer, I also happier. Hahaha, imagine them saying all this in their head and training will be much easier.

Give me more info, I'll try to trouble shoot it for you I hope. Rmbr to try to implement saying nicely when you see her poo at right place using right command and BE CONSISTENT!

Please don't give up k??? Nothing has no solution until the day you give up.
------------------------------------------------------------
<-----Looks like a cockroach from this picture!!

KenLim
New User

Aug 29, 2004, 9:33 AM

Post #27 of 28 (1405 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DoggiePuppy] How To Teach My Dog Urine & Shit At Proper Place [In reply to] Can't Post

Agreed. my shi tsu is only bout 2 months old and he's already starting to respond to the word poo poo...Cool. tho, there's quite a bit of accidents for the past 2 weeks or so. just hafta be patient and hang in there for this time (hopefully sooner than later). they'll know what to do...just give them time and some TLC!!!

annalskoh
New User

Oct 15, 2004, 9:48 PM

Post #28 of 28 (1285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jyyoong] How To Teach My Dog Urine & Shit At Proper Place [In reply to] Can't Post

hello guys,

i'm a new owner of 2 Shih tzus (3mths) Please help...my patience is running thin wen house-breaking is concerned. HOW DO I TRAIN THEM??? Did the newspaper thing but still no result...so how else can I train them both??Frown

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my