Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Why are long haired Dacshunds difficult to find ??

Anonymous
Anonymous

Sep 18, 2001, 11:58 PM

Post #1 of 7 (4734 views)
Shortcut
Why are long haired Dacshunds difficult to find ?? Can't Post

I have a 9 year old long hair dacshund and I bought him from a breeder well 9 years ago..since then, I've come to love dacshunds. I've been trying to get him a companion but I can't find any long haired dacshunds around. I only find the standard smooth haired ones. No offence but long haired dacshunds really look great so why are they so difficult to find in Malaysia??

If anyone has any dacshund puppies long or short, please let me know. My email is rainbowbrite@gohip.com.
Thanks

cdman
Novice

Oct 9, 2001, 12:12 AM

Post #2 of 7 (4721 views)
Shortcut
Re: Why are long haired Dacshunds difficult to find ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been helping with your problem and try to some research about Dachshunds as well. You see, either long, smooth or wire-haired are categorized as Dachshunds as you know. The smooth Dachshund probably was the original, with longhairs either a result of mutation and selective breeding or of crossbreeding, perhaps with a German spaniel.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Oct 9, 2001, 12:40 PM

Post #3 of 7 (4716 views)
Shortcut

I don't know. Maybe long hair aren't so popular because they have to be groomed but they have much lesser hair then a cocker spaniel or shitzu so why don't people bring them in?? I went to the dog show in september and there was only one long hair dachshund.

I don't think it's right calling it mutation. Sounds rather crude. I still can't get why they aren't as popular but I know they are really cute. :) Thanks cdman for the reply. Are you in any way related to this website or are you just a surfer? Do you have pets of your own?

cdman
Novice

Oct 10, 2001, 11:41 PM

Post #4 of 7 (4711 views)
Shortcut

Well, what I meant of mutation doesn't mean that it like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle which get mutated. It only mean that it is part of their gene. Some female dog or bitch, would usually litter more than two to three puppy. Sometime if one lucky enough that only carry one or only two puppy, it might have the chances to produce a good quality of puppies, you know.

cdman
Novice

Oct 10, 2001, 11:43 PM

Post #5 of 7 (4711 views)
Shortcut
My own dog [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm used to own several dogs. A Rottweiller which is my heartthrob, a boxer and a labrador cross. However, my rottweiller has passed away last month because of the 'Canine Distemper'. Very highly infectious viral disease. Make me very very sad.

cdman
Novice

Oct 10, 2001, 11:48 PM

Post #6 of 7 (4710 views)
Shortcut
Long haired Dachshund [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Rainbow, I've contacted with a reliable source of some dog breeder to ask about your long haired Dachshund, if they have found one,(with your permission) would want me to ask them to contact you?

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Oct 11, 2001, 9:04 AM

Post #7 of 7 (4705 views)
Shortcut
Re: Long haired Dachshund [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Cdman...it's so sad to loose a dog/pal. :(

I'd sure love to know anything about anyone in Malaysia who has a long hair dachshund. Maybe you could give me the name of this person. I might have already contacted him/her.

My email is rainbowbrite@gohip.com .
Thanks!! :)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my