Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Eating poo, vomit and fresh milk.

huggykins
New User

Nov 16, 2002, 2:03 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1220 views)
Shortcut
Eating poo, vomit and fresh milk. Can't Post

Hi all, I'm from Pg, but actually studying in Sg now.

My lil Russ seems to have developed a habit of chewing his poo! The variety of doggy bones, balls i've bought for him don't seem to attract him much. He loves chewing tissue and rummaging through the dust bin. How on earth do I tell him that dog poo is not meant to be eaten?

Also, he vomitted today. I know there are posts on vomitting, but his was of thick consistency and not in liquid form. I panicked naturally, but he seems his usual active self. Can't be a furball cos he doesn't shed much. Could it be cos he eats anything and everything he sees?

He's been losing appetite lately and doesn't seem to like his puppy kibbles. Can i feed him fresh milk? I tried this once, and he loves milk. I heard that our milk has too much lactose for a puppy and that i should buy puppy milk. is this true?

Oh yeah, he's half shih tzu and half poodle. A very cute combi actually.

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 16, 2002, 8:08 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1213 views)
Shortcut
Re: [huggykins] Eating poo, vomit and fresh milk. [In reply to] Can't Post

don't know about stopping dogs eating poo... we;ve never had one that does.

but if your pup doesnt like the kibbles, maybe you should try canned food. We have a dog that went off his biscuits and didnt want to eat them at all, so we put him on canned dog food and he was fine and gobbled that up.

now he is grown dog and he has biscuits for breakfast and dinner, and canned food for lunch. Plus we give him real meat from time to time.

as for human milk, we feed them to all our puppies and they've all turned out fine.

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 17, 2002, 12:25 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [huggykins] Eating poo, vomit and fresh milk. [In reply to] Can't Post

You can try reprimanding your dog with a stern "NO" whenever he tries to eat his poo or starts chewing tissue/rummaging the dustbin. Eventually, he will learn that his behaviour is undesirable.

As for the vomiting, it was thick, which means that it is undigested food. He possibly suffered from indigestion from eating too fast or something. Keep an eye out for a change in behaviour. If he remains hyper, then there's nothing to panic about.

My pup also doesn't like her puppy kibbles (fussy eaters, aren't they?). Luckey suggested a good solution. You can also try taking away the food until your pup overcomes his food problem. I'm not sure if fresh milk is OK, but I know that powder milk is not to be recommended. Good luck with your pup Smile

-= Tisha =-

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my