Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
is that a puppy borned without cert, the whole of life will not get a register MKA cert & microship?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Anqi

Jan 11, 2004, 8:39 PM

Post #1 of 53 (1371 views)
Shortcut
is that a puppy borned without cert, the whole of life will not get a register MKA cert & microship? Can't Post

i heard from a dog breeder said that if u buy a dog without cert, then that dog will not have a MKS register cert even though u apply, is it true? & the babies all will not have the chance to get a cert... is it all true?

Regards by Anqi with a pair of ~poodle~!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jan 12, 2004, 7:00 AM

Post #2 of 53 (1362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Anqi] is that a puppy borned without cert, the whole of life will not get a register MKA cert & microship? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yea. That's true.

As for the microchip,you could still apply for one.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2004, 1:44 AM

Post #3 of 53 (1349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] is that a puppy borned without cert, the whole of life will not get a register MKA cert & microship? [In reply to] Can't Post

that's bad news...is it absolutely that strict?Frown

Anqi

Jan 13, 2004, 6:09 AM

Post #4 of 53 (1345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] is that a puppy borned without cert, the whole of life will not get a register MKA cert & microship? [In reply to] Can't Post

oh.... is like that 1... that's bad.....

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2004, 7:23 AM

Post #5 of 53 (1341 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] is that a puppy borned without cert, the whole of life will not get a register MKA cert & microship? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yea. I think it is...

For the dogs,it's equivalent to our family tree in black and white. Can't get a cert without proof. UnimpressedUnsure
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2004, 7:24 AM

Post #6 of 53 (1340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Anqi] is that a puppy borned without cert, the whole of life will not get a register MKA cert & microship? [In reply to] Can't Post

you sound like you're in a bit of trouble..Unsure

Anything I can do to help?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2004, 11:18 PM

Post #7 of 53 (1333 views)
Shortcut

what if i bring the mum and dad for them to see...will it help?

just trying my luck...Blush

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 14, 2004, 1:05 AM

Post #8 of 53 (1329 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] is that a puppy borned without cert, the whole of life will not get a register MKA cert & microship? [In reply to] Can't Post

what if i bring the mum and dad for them to see...will it help?

No point. U will never get a cert if it was not registered from birth. Unless you are a show person which u will need a cert for participation. I don't see the cert as important. It is just bunch of paper collecting dust in the drawers.

There are only few category of people needing certs.

1) Show people.

2) Breeders.

3) puppy millers.

did I miss anything?Smile

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

nathalie
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 7:38 AM

Post #9 of 53 (1321 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] is that a puppy borned without cert, the whole of life will not get a register MKA cert & microship? [In reply to] Can't Post

u missed out this.....

ppl who likes to show off n compare their dogs Tongue

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 14, 2004, 6:46 PM

Post #10 of 53 (1318 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] is that a puppy borned without cert, the whole of life will not get a register MKA cert & microship? [In reply to] Can't Post

Nat......kakakaka, Yup I missed that one.Laugh

PSD

Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Anqi

Jan 14, 2004, 10:54 PM

Post #11 of 53 (1316 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] is that a puppy borned without cert, the whole of life will not get a register MKA cert & microship? [In reply to] Can't Post

what is puppy millers?

Anqi

Jan 14, 2004, 10:57 PM

Post #12 of 53 (1315 views)
Shortcut

Not really... just have a ask. Coz my fren planning to be a dog's breeder. He said must look for pedigree doggie. He told me have 2 buy pure puppy with cert. I said no need. No cert puppy also can breed... Then he told me birth without cert will do not have again. I don't know about MKA cert. Then i just asking here for my fren. Now i know... 10x all of ya~

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2004, 10:59 PM

Post #13 of 53 (1313 views)
Shortcut

true...just collecying dust..but the thought is quite sad...fancy being like an alien...no papersFrown

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Jan 15, 2004, 1:03 AM

Post #14 of 53 (1309 views)
Shortcut

Hi a_evie,

Actually, I tend to agree with you, that it is sad.. that we are unable to register our doggies. Not like we love them any less or that they are invaluable, I guess it's just a sort of identity, that they are as good as those pedigrees, showdogs and etc... I'd love to get a cert for Salsa because she is all worth it... because she is she, but unfortunately, they have strict restrictions on all that to protect the pure breeds and also to prevent people from taking advantage of it. It's sad, reality bites...PirateFrown
Papasan, Mamasan, Jerry, Salsa, Samseng & Junior

nathalie
Doggyman

Jan 15, 2004, 5:54 AM

Post #15 of 53 (1308 views)
Shortcut

i think they need it the most....Laugh

nathalie
Doggyman

Jan 15, 2004, 5:58 AM

Post #16 of 53 (1306 views)
Shortcut

no offence but are your friends breeding for the sake of making profits...?

maybe u should ask your friend to do more research about breeding esp on the pup's temperament rather than their certs.....a responsible breeder do not just breed for the sake of breeding.

hope your freind is not one of the puppy millers

PS..my one cent worth...plz don't take this personallySmile

Anqi

Jan 15, 2004, 9:46 AM

Post #17 of 53 (1303 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] is that a puppy borned without cert, the whole of life will not get a register MKA cert & microship? [In reply to] Can't Post

okie~ i will tell him be a good breeder if not i will kill him~!!!!

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 15, 2004, 7:07 PM

Post #18 of 53 (1300 views)
Shortcut

PSD

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 15, 2004, 7:28 PM

Post #19 of 53 (1294 views)
Shortcut

Anqi,

I'm sorry but reality really bites nasty. To your q on what is puppy miller, the example is right in your eyes. Your friend is one.

A puppy miller is a crook whom puts together 2 dogs so that he can get profit from selling those puppies. His sole motivation or target in breeding is only $$$$$. These puppies usually ended up in small cages of petshops. These sad to be called breeders are not doing it for the betterment of the breeed.

A good breeder breads for a target to better the breed. Make it more potent, make it more structurally sound as per the breed standard. The know the standard at the back of their hand. They have genetics basics and understand how to read dogs temprement. They usually competes their dog to see how well they measure up to those breed standards.

There are a lot of discussion done on this millers and what constitute good breeders on this board. Read up on some of the old topics to understand better.

Remember this, "the fate of the breed rest on the hands of the breeders" if those breeders are all puppy millers, we can say goodbye to the breed for eternity as they will be plague with so many structural problems, so many tempremental fear biters problem, so many skin diseases and cancerous cases that noone will want to keep this breed.

To a puppymillers the above is not important, they will say so what and just buy another breed before destroying them too and then another. Sorry, no nicer way to say this. I hope your friend knows what he is doing.

PSD

boon
Doggyman

Jan 15, 2004, 7:45 PM

Post #20 of 53 (1289 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I think we had enuf shooting, argument and quarrels for not to be a BYB or better still DO NOT breed. Leave this to the expert that spend enuf time, resources and committed people to do it.

Do not breed becoz u want to make some $$$ out of it. I came across this statement i find it very true, 'YOU will not get rich out of breeding'. Don get what i mean ? read it again and think......

Just only while scrolling some oversea page i came across this.......

"Remember that the best pup in the litter has the capability of reproducing the worst pup in the litter."

this simply tell u breeding is not something u can put 2 super dogs together and will give u super litter. It all about genetics/timing/a little bit of luck may help.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

(This post was edited by boon on Jan 15, 2004, 7:55 PM)

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 15, 2004, 11:39 PM

Post #21 of 53 (1272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gwinn] is that a puppy borned without cert, the whole of life will not get a register MKA cert & microship? [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah...

but again cert or no cert...our fur masters will still be loved...no strrings attached.Wink

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 15, 2004, 11:43 PM

Post #22 of 53 (1271 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD, boon] is that a puppy borned without cert, the whole of life will not get a register MKA cert & microship? [In reply to] Can't Post

quite sad the way that people hope to make so called quick bucks from being breeders. hopefully anqi's friend is a resposible breeder then.

it strue that putting 2 superdogs together may not come up with the perfect dog. sometimes (like it or not) luck plays a big part...in her absence...and also of course some unknown and unseen genetic matters, a "mutant" or a lousy litter might well be the results.

folks just have to learn to be a responsible breeder to be a breeder...but that is just the ideal world.Frown

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 15, 2004, 11:58 PM

Post #23 of 53 (1269 views)
Shortcut

a_evie,

True that genetics is something not easy to understand. If even the experts are sometimes faulted what then a mere person whom knows nothing about genetics trying to play god?

A responsible breeder sounds nice but if a breeder can advice a person to just buy papered dogs and then breed, I think this breeder needs to look into the finer points of breeding before even thinking about doing it. End of the day, a person sincerely knows what type of a breeder he is if he is motivated to breed for a better champion dog or just going in for the plain $$$moolah puppy selling.

I'm pretty apalled by this cause it is my belieft that GSD in Malaysia today gets alot of bad names and health issues as a results of puppy millers doing. The next breed that is being targetted as at now is Golden Retriever and Jack Russell. I shall wait and see how long these breeds will last before being decimated by BYB type of breeding by matching dogs to dogs indescriminately as long as they have papers.

I dont mean to say thare are not good breeders around but they are too small in numbers to produce enough good dogs to be destroyed by the millers. IMHO

PSD

(This post was edited by PSD on Jan 16, 2004, 12:20 AM)

boon
Doggyman

Jan 16, 2004, 12:05 AM

Post #24 of 53 (1266 views)
Shortcut

Hi PSD,

yeah agreed with u, but u sure the GR and JRT in Malysia are in trouble now ?

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 16, 2004, 12:09 AM

Post #25 of 53 (1265 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] is that a puppy borned without cert, the whole of life will not get a register MKA cert & microship? [In reply to] Can't Post

Boon,

U wait and see lah. Give it 2-3 more years and see the diff. I can only prophasised but u will need to see the results in reality before agreeing with me.Tongue Just be patience and wait for it to happen.

PSD

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my