a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 8, 2004, 12:42 AM

Post #1 of 124 (3309 views)
Shortcut
toys..what do you have? Can't Post

shalom plays with the following items:
(1) golf balls
(2) tennis balls (running out of them as she pees on them...and wet tennis balls are pretty much past tense)
(3) rubber balls with bells in them (rubber tearing soon)
(4) newspapers for her peepoo business
(5) poo

anymore to recommend. i think she is bored...thus the poo playing (maybe newspapers too).

the poo and newspapers is growing less everyday...but there are the bad days that everything is everywhere....

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 8, 2004, 1:14 AM

Post #2 of 124 (3306 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] toys..what do you have? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hehe...

Rawhide bone? Tongue Hmmm.... I gave my pup two soft toys, 1 non-hairy (dolly) and the other furry (bear-bear). I made sure that the furry one does not "shed" so that she doesn't swallow any fur... Crazy

My friend's husband got a radio-controlled car to chase their beagle around.. Keke... am thinking of doing that with my pup too... Tongue

Those ropes are nice but am afraid that if you play tug-of-war with them, it might bring up some dominance issues... CrazyCrazy

Hehe... Teach shalom how to catch frisbee.... Sly

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 8, 2004, 1:58 AM

Post #3 of 124 (3304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aragorn2976] toys..what do you have? [In reply to] Can't Post

we play catch ball...and out of 10 times, i have to pick it up 5 times. is that what we call sharing? hahahahaWink

anyway, i think the tug of war sounds bad too. teaches her to be agressive.

i have one of those radio cars...she goes crazy. but cannot play too often. she bites the car if given teh chance. then my hubby will complain.

another toy that i forgot...my fluffy hello kitty slippers that iwear in the house.

her fav toy has to be chasing feet and legs. or should i call that her fav game? blur liaoCrazyCrazy

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 8, 2004, 2:29 AM

Post #4 of 124 (3301 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaugh

Yea... If I had a car used to play with the dog, I'll be very careful to make sure that Snoopy will not bite it.

Keke.. Forgot to mention that my fingers and hands are Snoopy's toys too. Sometimes, we like to play "boxing"... TongueTongue

Ever played hide and seek with your dog? Hehehe...

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 8, 2004, 2:35 AM

Post #5 of 124 (3300 views)
Shortcut

hide and seek? big time fun.

also when you go around asking "where is shalom" and she is right in front of you or even following you everywhere you go calling for her including the washing machine and fridge! do it while starring at her...and she'll be worried...she'll jump and do just about anything...when i did this to shalom, all the tricks that i tried teaching her (mastered and not mastered) like seat, stand, stay, down, shake hands etc will all come out. never mind she only remembers sit and stay very well!

its SO FUNNY.SmileSmile

but i wouldn't do that to her too often. just once a week thus far after her shower. want her to feel warm..so make her run and act silly with me.

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 8, 2004, 2:51 AM

Post #6 of 124 (3298 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaughLaughLaugh Yea... That is so cute... All the tricks she knows will all come out... Laugh

I love hide and seek too... Tongue I play a very fun game with my dog too, called "Merry-Go-Round" where I start to walk a little faster and she will start running circles around the furniture, in the garden... Sly

So cute as she is a shortie and so, she has to run faster in order to cover more distance... LaughLaughLaugh

Hehehe... I'm trying to teach Snoopy to play "hide and seek" with her toys... Tongue Laugh

Join the JRT Zone

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 8, 2004, 3:03 AM

Post #7 of 124 (3297 views)
Shortcut

yeah merry go round until one of us goes dizzy going round the furniture.

another is to stand in one spot and turn. you'll see ur doggie trying to do the same. the key for us to last is to turn like ballerinas do. their steps if not wrong is always heel and heel then toes and toes (in a triangle like formation minus one side...2 feet only mah)...

sorry...no back slash on mac keyboard. but if there is it should look like "slash" then "back slash" then "slash" then "back slash"...that's what the kids i migle with once taught me.

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 8, 2004, 5:20 PM

Post #8 of 124 (3290 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaughLaugh

Haven't done the spinning thing before. I think Snoopy will sit and stare at me... TongueTongue

Hehe.....

Join the JRT Zone

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 8, 2004, 5:24 PM

Post #9 of 124 (3289 views)
Shortcut

try it...fun for the owner and entertaining for the fur kid...

but don't sampai jatuh and go mabuk like my nieces.CrazyUnsureShockedUnimpressedWinkSly

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 8, 2004, 7:14 PM

Post #10 of 124 (3288 views)
Shortcut

Smile Keke...

I will.... My fur-master is quite intelligent. She knows when we humans are acting stupid... LaughLaugh So, she will sit and observe us... LaughLaugh

Join the JRT Zone

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 8, 2004, 7:49 PM

Post #11 of 124 (3285 views)
Shortcut

funny how we fur slaves would do just about anything to pacify and make our fur masters happy.

but worth itlah. seeing them look at you with that loving eyes. how we marah or smack...they will still come to you.

shalom has made a new game for herslef. its called drop the carrot into the water bowl. yeah. drop it in then make a mess of the whole house (wet) by trying to fish the carrot out.Shocked

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 8, 2004, 8:52 PM

Post #12 of 124 (3282 views)
Shortcut

True true.. Tongue

Hehe..... I think shalom wants to go fishing? SlySly

Join the JRT Zone

jaytan
Canine Addict

Jan 9, 2004, 12:31 AM

Post #13 of 124 (3273 views)
Shortcut

Hi Evie, As far as my puppies are concerned, all toys are chew toys. And that includes plants, furniture, crate, metal door grill, wall plaster and timber floor. I have had toys which left with them dissapeared overnight leaving only some specks below the crate. My beagle puppies dont seem much interested in bells, balls or anything they cant tear apart. Although I have spent a small fortune on doggy toys, there isnt much to show for it. They destroy those they like and arent interested in the surviving ones. Poop, yes. Wait till you hear this. They especially go for dried cat poop during their walks, grooooosss. Sigh. Best regards,J

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 9, 2004, 8:50 PM

Post #14 of 124 (3259 views)
Shortcut

meow meow?Shocked

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 9, 2004, 8:55 PM

Post #15 of 124 (3258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaytan] toys..what do you have? [In reply to] Can't Post

so cute...everything also must destroy or eat...but cute!

i gave shalom a new toy...small minreal water bottle. all blue in color...placed some treats in them. no way she can open the bottle, but she likes the sound and the smell.

with that...no paper playing last nightlah...i think she played with the papers coz she was bored.

so this morning...i took one treat out from the bottle for her...

jaytan
Canine Addict

Jan 9, 2004, 9:39 PM

Post #16 of 124 (3252 views)
Shortcut

Hi Evie, that's really cool. I have to try that. Anything that will take their attention off the newspapers is worth a try.

The last time I put a few ground nuts into an empty plastic vitamin bottle for them to shake for the sound. After a few times, Sparky somehow managed to open the screw cap and gobbled up the ground nuts. Luckily I didnt put a few nuts and bolts, phew. And you know that ball which we fill with biscuits which are supposed to drop out one by one when rolled around by the doggies? Well, Picnic has learned that if she bites off the plastic cap, all the food will fall out all at once. So a rolling toy is converted to another chew one again.

I just bought a rubber bone and rubber ring. Will let you know how that turns out, hehehe. Best regards,J

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 9, 2004, 9:41 PM

Post #17 of 124 (3250 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaughLaughLaugh Yea..... Identity crisis??? SlySlySly

Join the JRT Zone

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 9, 2004, 10:03 PM

Post #18 of 124 (3249 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaytan] toys..what do you have? [In reply to] Can't Post

hmmm...can open bottle also...very canggih.

btw, have you tried typing something from the ceiling. they have to jump until they can bring the thingy (food or toy) down.

we tie a carrot (sliced), doggie treat etc from a wire cable. it can be suspeendd from the ceiling or any hooks. basically the trick is to get the doggie to jump and get the bait down.

the bait can be tied with edible materials such noodles. i use home made play dough (edible even for kids) that i make for my nieces.

just tie sufficiently high that it requires more than 1 jump to get the bait down.

the wire cable that i use sort of resembles the shower curtain...i bought mine from ikea for the new house to hang heavy items..but ended up using it for shalom (thanx to hubby's indigenius idea).

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 9, 2004, 10:05 PM

Post #19 of 124 (3248 views)
Shortcut

lovable identity crisis...that i must say.

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 9, 2004, 10:24 PM

Post #20 of 124 (3243 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaughLaugh Yea...

BTW, are you coming for K9 Day? Sly Hehe... I am going in the afternoon, so... If you see a JRT with a red bandanna, that's Snoopy... Tongue

Join the JRT Zone

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 9, 2004, 10:43 PM

Post #21 of 124 (3242 views)
Shortcut

will be on the look out then. i dont think i can bring shalom...1 vaccination done only leh..

and what is aragorn2976's name?

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 9, 2004, 10:48 PM

Post #22 of 124 (3240 views)
Shortcut

SlySlySlySly

I'm Angie.. BlushBlushBlush Fur-slave of Snoopy... LaughLaughLaugh

Join the JRT Zone

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 10, 2004, 5:03 PM

Post #23 of 124 (3232 views)
Shortcut

ok. will be on the lookout for you folks then..that is iff i get to go.

red bandana...snoopy is ok to wear that? tried making shalom wear baju...she was trying to tear it off (i mean bite it off) her body.

mine not very vain pot....susah a bitlah. girl some moreFrown

may be she will learn along the way. now she has learnt on her own cannot play newwspapers. actually i did not manage to teach her much on the newwspapers stuff. just realised that everyday, the paper becomes less shreded...i think she is maturing.

and has also learnt to give sombong attitude. she is angry with me for not allowing her into the bedroom..then she will walk away never mind how i call for her.

so i also merajuklah. she comes for me later..i don't hirau her until i cannot tahan..coz all heer so called learnt tricks will come out including looking at you with the head slightly tilted and whining...UnimpressedShockedLaughLaugh

jaytan
Canine Addict

Jan 10, 2004, 6:04 PM

Post #24 of 124 (3230 views)
Shortcut

Hi Evie, that sounds quite ingenious. But I better not try it lah since I dont want to encourage my doggies to jump or climb. Picnic will regularly climb to the top of the crate and she used to jump and jump during feeding time. Both like to paw us standing on their hind legs. Picnic once hurt a paw jumping at the window. I prefer them to remain on all fours especially when there are children around.

Maybe get to meet you at K9 day tomorrow. I will probably be there in the afternoon. Best regards,J

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 12, 2004, 5:55 PM

Post #25 of 124 (3223 views)
Shortcut

Hahahaha...

Saw a few shih tzus yesterday... But don't think I saw Shalom as I came pretty late... Blush

Kekeke... What is it with Shih Tzu and sombong attitude??? TongueTongueTongueTongue Kekekekee...

I know what you mean. My Snoopy is a girl and she is not really a vain pot. Anyway, she doesn't mind the bandanna after a while...

Join the JRT Zone

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my