Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
My pup attacks my out door broom

blackrock41
Novice

Jan 7, 2004, 8:20 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1208 views)
Shortcut
My pup attacks my out door broom Can't Post

When ever i sweep up outside my pup attacks the broom. No matter what i do i cant stop him, i have tried no command, sit, lay, he just keeps attacking it. I dont want to have to chain him up every time i sweep up so is there a some way of stoping this.

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 7, 2004, 8:56 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackrock41] My pup attacks my out door broom [In reply to] Can't Post

hi

try holding a water spray/water gun at your other hand while you're sweeping.

while he attacks your broom, immediately say no and spray some water to his face (not too near, make it some distance away) and just proceed with sweeping. if he still does it then spray again WHILE he's attacking the broom.

do try and see if it works :)

regards,
hunter

(This post was edited by hunter on Jan 7, 2004, 8:56 PM)

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 7, 2004, 11:46 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackrock41, Hunter] My pup attacks my out door broom [In reply to] Can't Post

Alternatively ... sweep when the pup is asleep ... Smile

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 8, 2004, 3:30 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1196 views)
Shortcut

shalom does that to the mop when i mop and also the broom as well.

she sort of stopped when i used the "get off my garden" stuff on the brrom and mop!. it did not work on her pee and poo probs, but they certainly work on chasing and attacking the broom.

it was a concoction of serai and the sprays from the vet and jusco. dunno which one did the job since i sprayed all!

anyway, there is also a serai dangling from the broom and mop too. not too bad smell for the house...Sly

jaytan
Canine Addict

Jan 8, 2004, 10:10 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1186 views)
Shortcut

Hi Mark, puppies just wanna have fun. My 2 babies are like that, too. They will drink when I spray water, follow the mop up and down, chew the brush, even help me to pick the poop. Cute if you dont get irritated but impossible to do any work. I just crate them for that few minutes and they are happy to just watch me play with the hose, brush and mop by myself. No, I cant do it when they are asleep. They will wake up to play. Best regards,J

blackrock41
Novice

Jan 9, 2004, 1:06 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1178 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaytan] My pup attacks my out door broom [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for thre repies well the water in bottle trick didnt work to well lol i need a hose to keep him off the broom. I think i will try with citrus in the water see if this works or maybe lock him in the laundry. jaytan nice dogs they look very mischievous just like my rusty. I have a cat that hasnt gone out side since i got the furkid, i think furkid is to scarey for the cat. The cat is to scared of the pup.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my