First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

yipwengcheong
Dog Kichi

Jan 7, 2004, 6:52 PM

Post #1 of 31 (6214 views)
Shortcut
German Shepherd breeder Can't Post

Hi everyone,

Do anyone knows any champion German Shepherd breeder around Malaysia?? I currently scouting around for a pair of German Shepherd . Smile

Thank you.

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 7, 2004, 9:04 PM

Post #2 of 31 (6206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yipwengcheong] German Shepherd breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

Yip,

May I ask what is your plans for this pair of champion GSD which u r looking for?Smile

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

yipwengcheong
Dog Kichi

Jan 7, 2004, 9:50 PM

Post #3 of 31 (6201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] German Shepherd breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

To able to present them in Dog Shows and Competition and also able to guard the house. That is my plan...Smile

PSD
ALPHA

Jan 7, 2004, 11:01 PM

Post #4 of 31 (6198 views)
Shortcut

Yip,

Sorry i ask but I was thinking of why the need to get a pair if you want to participate in shows? Cant u do it with just one?

U also mentioned competition, do you mean like obedience? or protection trials?

About getting show dogs to guard the house, I think u will not have much luck to expect such in a show dog. But this is seperate topic by itself on the reasons for tht.

If you are heading into shows bigtime with serious plans to win, then u may want to look into importing young adults that has got the right structure and performance that you can already see. If you are just toying around with it for starters, then just get a puppy from one of the show winners in malaysia itself...dont expect it to turn out champions as getting a puppy that can really turn out solid is just like searching for needle in the haystack. If you have got good eyes and sound knowledge on the breed standards and a bit of genetics knowhow then you will get a better odds but still no 100%.

This is best I can give u as show shepherd is not my normal cuppa. good luck.

PSD

Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Hamadryad
Novice

Feb 19, 2004, 12:16 AM

Post #5 of 31 (6126 views)
Shortcut

Hey PSD,

What line of WGSD do you have Chezch, east or west german?thanks

PSD
ALPHA

Feb 19, 2004, 1:12 AM

Post #6 of 31 (6121 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hamadryad] German Shepherd breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

I've all of them.Smile

PSD

Hamadryad
Novice

Feb 19, 2004, 2:05 PM

Post #7 of 31 (6116 views)
Shortcut

ive got all of them tooSmile, i was wondering from where did you import your czech line, from jinopo? thanks

(This post was edited by Hamadryad on Feb 19, 2004, 2:37 PM)

yipwengcheong
Dog Kichi

Feb 19, 2004, 8:16 PM

Post #8 of 31 (6104 views)
Shortcut

Hi Hamadryad,

Just curious to know what is the different between Chezch German Shepherd, East German German Shepherd and West German German Shepherd? And all the line of the Working German Shepherd you got it locally through local breeder or import from overseas?

Would it be costly to import rather than brought it locally? And would the German Shepherd imports from overseas custom to Malaysia wheather or not?

Thank you.

PSD
ALPHA

Feb 19, 2004, 8:29 PM

Post #9 of 31 (6103 views)
Shortcut

Nope. Wondering where are you based? I'm glad that there is some other as crazy as me in GSD....lol. Mail me if you can. Maybe we can get to know each other better.

BTW do you train your dogs for protection work?

PSD

PSD
ALPHA

Feb 19, 2004, 8:41 PM

Post #10 of 31 (6102 views)
Shortcut

Just curious to know what is the different between Chezch German Shepherd, East German German Shepherd and West German German Shepherd? And all the line of the Working German Shepherd you got it locally through local breeder or import from overseas?

Yip,

I'm one person who believes that a dog must be able to stand on his own qualities first instead of just his good lineage. This goes to mean that the dog we are seing must have something good in him and not just flashy pedigree.

However in general, Czech dogs are higher in civil aggression and harder dogs. West germans are highly developed in its prey drives and East Germans dogs are stronger in its bones structure and head. There however are exceptions to the rule depending on the individual dog.

Would it be costly to import rather than brought it locally?

Of course.

And would the German Shepherd imports from overseas custom to Malaysia wheather or not?

They eventually will but need time to aclamatise.

PSD

(This post was edited by PSD on Feb 19, 2004, 8:46 PM)

boon
Doggyman

Feb 20, 2004, 8:20 AM

Post #11 of 31 (6085 views)
Shortcut

aiks.........read some words sound familiar....by the way where r u from ? r u into this german mongrel as well ?

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Mar 6, 2004, 8:37 AM

Post #12 of 31 (6056 views)
Shortcut

Tok Guru PSD

Czech dogs are higher in civil aggression and harder dogs. West germans are highly developed in its prey drives and East Germans dogs are stronger in its bones structure and head.

you mentioned czech higher in civil aggro n harder dogs, w. germany prey drives...but all of a sudden you mentioned the physical aspect of the E.Germany dog...apalahhhhh???Crazy....what bout temperament ke? hardness ke? drives ke?CoolCool

btw, care to explain your understanding of civil aggression?

PSD
ALPHA

Mar 8, 2004, 8:06 PM

Post #13 of 31 (6051 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wildgunsr] German Shepherd breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

Wildgunsr,

I think I wrote there exactly what I meant. Those are the primary traits that differentiate them in general(not all). Hardness I already mentioned in my writing. Temprements n drives affects all these 3 country the same way. In case u want me to say which country produces a 100% guaranteed super dog .....I cannot answer u that unfortunatelyBlush.

...but all of a sudden you mentioned the physical aspect of the E.Germany dog...apalahhhhh???Crazy....

I dont get what u r trying to say here?Blush mind to clarify?

Alas, My friend, I dont think I'm worthy of the title "Tok Guru" Tongue I'm just a regular K-9 Joe.Smile

PSD

(This post was edited by PSD on Mar 8, 2004, 8:10 PM)

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Mar 9, 2004, 5:28 AM

Post #14 of 31 (6044 views)
Shortcut

Yes most prolly you are, lol.Laugh. There's no such thing as a 100% guranteed super dog Frown if you do find it let me know...LOLTongue

You mentioned that Czechs are harder dogs, W. German dogs have highly develop drives, and E. Ger dogs stronger bone structure and head. It seems to me that you generally classify that dogs from the first two countries with different temperament and drives, but then again you mention "Temprements n drives affects all these 3 country the same way", what are you trying to say?Crazy

You generally classified the temperaments and drive of Czech and W. Ger dogs, but nothing on the temperaments and drive of E.Ger dogs, instead you mention their physical aspect...this doesn't actually give you a general picture in terms of temperament and drive of E. Ger dogs comparing with Czech n W.Ger dogs....get it now? So what's your say on the temperament and drives or E.Ger dogs? Smile

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Mar 9, 2004, 10:46 AM

Post #15 of 31 (6038 views)
Shortcut

Yo wildgunsr,

Quote-----------------------------------------------------
but nothing on the temperaments and drive of E.Ger dogs, instead you mention their physical aspect.....
----------------------------------------------------------
I believe what PSD want to convey here is that DDR line is famous for its physical aspect such as bigger bones, blockier head , darker pigment..etc

Due to the fact tht just b4 the wall came down, the DDR gsd has oso began to separate into show & working line (But not as bad as the situation in WGR - maybe they have better Korung system....Smile)...therefore there is no way to generalise their characteristic or temp.......

but for the sake of argument , I would say true blue DDR working stock should share similar characteristic wt Czech since they the Czech used the DDR dog as their early breeding stock.

Quote-----------------------------------------------------
but all of a sudden you mentioned the physical aspect of the E.Germany dog...apalahhhhh???....what bout temperament ke? hardness ke? drives ke..............
-----------------------------------------------------------

Now if I were U ....I would re-phrase it so that it doesn't sound so obnoxious !!! Wink

Cheers !! Tongue

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
(GSD Founder - Capt Max V Stephanitz)

PSD
ALPHA

Mar 9, 2004, 11:34 PM

Post #16 of 31 (6034 views)
Shortcut

Dear Wildgunsr,

I wonder it is the way u write, the english u use or the way u think thats making this look pretty weird.

If I can can make discovery of 100% guaranteed super dog then I think I will be extreemely quiet then working the dog rather .... lolTongue Maybe I might just say it in my dreams the same place where I found the dogs .... kakakakakBlush

What is wrong with the mention of Hardness, Highly Developed Prey (not drives mind u) and structure? I really find no problem at all with the english used. Maybe I need to go back to basic english lesson and I will answer you again after I am more proficient in the language.Smile

PSD

PSD
ALPHA

Mar 9, 2004, 11:38 PM

Post #17 of 31 (6033 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Polluxx] German Shepherd breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

Yo polluxx,

Long time no see my friend. Thanks for adding on the understanding. For line research and detailed info on GSD, I'll put my money on you anytime. Come back more often, we need more people like u here.Smile

PSD

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Mar 17, 2004, 12:47 PM

Post #18 of 31 (5996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD,Polluxx] German Shepherd breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear PSD & Polluxx,

Apologies if I sound obnoxious and rude Blush, didn't mean to. Still not very good at with words when it comes to forum, it's hard when i can't show my facial expressions while talking. I shall take a more 'subdued tone'. Thanks for pointing it out.

Dear PSD,

What is wrong with the mention of Hardness, Highly Developed Prey (not drives mind u) and structure?

Alas, I think you may have misunderstood me, I find nothing wrong that you mentioned about hardness, highly developed prey and structure, in fact I value your opinions and thoughts, just that I would like to know what's your opinion of East German dogs, besides structure, as you did give us a very broad incling on the temeparament and drives on the Czech or W.German dog. Would greatly appreciate it if you could share what you think of DDR lines in terms mentioned above.

Polluxx,

I think you got the gist of what I was asking, thank you.

Once again, my apologies for not phrasing the questions properly

PSD
ALPHA

Mar 18, 2004, 7:42 AM

Post #19 of 31 (5986 views)
Shortcut

All is cool dude!Smile Nah its just a tiny misreading between the lines. Dont worry about it. Actually what I wrote is just the general notations of the different regions dogs. The chances of obtaining like a big headed strong boned dog is so much higher if you were sourcing it from DDR stocks while if civil sharpness n aggression is what u look for then the chances of you getting one from the Czech stock is definately higher. Nevertheless, dogs are just not such an exact science for there are tricky DNA's playing a fool with humans everytime we think we know a bit better. Therefore temprements of a dog in all those mentioned region are subjected to the same rules and standards.

A point to ponder on is that each regions have their own roles to play in producing a type of dog. For instance, in the Czech Republic, the history of GSD are interwined with the Border Patrol kennels producing military service dogs. It is because of this, harder dogs, more aggression, more sharpness is needed. This is the standard used as a policy charter which makes what Czech dogs are all about today.

In Germany today, GSD is not just a dog. It is an institution. Dog trials and schutzund clubs are mere blocks away. Some regions have few Schutzhund club. All these paved ways for highly sport driven breeding policy. As such, prey drive is one drive needed as a compulsory drive in sports dog training is the main pointer for the direction of german dogs today.

East German dogs were very much different before the Berlin wall come down. They have much bone size compared to the west german dogs. However, many of these lines are now very much mixed. U just have to know the lines to ensure what u are getting into. As for the other drives, I am of the opinion that they are somewhat inbetween the Czech n W. German dogs.

As polluxx mentioned, Czech brought in many DDR dogs for their Border Patrol kennels development along with their own local dogs. Such was done primarily to produce stronger bones and structure to support the military dogs in service. As such today, the czech dogs are also known for good bones and good head. Aggressiveness are still their main specialty very unlike the DDR's or the W. German dogs.

Anyway, the above is just my own opinion based on what I had gathered to support my own research in GSD. It is never meant to be an absolute thing or to be correct. It is just for discussion sake of what one person thinks it is. Readers have to excercise own research and understanding to make a more informed decision. Anyway I am a believer of "Breeding is not an exact science" while we can plan and keep our margins or error low.....nothing is still an absolute. End of the day, show me the dog..cheersSmile

PSD

rasebastian

Mar 18, 2004, 7:26 PM

Post #20 of 31 (5971 views)
Shortcut

Hi All, I'm new to this. Just joined in yesterday.

I'm looking for a GSD puppy...we just lost our 8-year old GSD, Bruno a couple of days ago (see my message in the Heaven Place section). My Bruno had the cert...but not sure what country he came from...if anyone cares to identify I'd be happy to provide more details. As I memntioned earlier, I'm looking for a puppy...local. what's the going rate these days?

Robert
-------------------------------------------------------
Gurdian of furkids:
On Earth: Max
In Heaven: Mani (1991), Bonnie (1997), Musso (1999), Brunno (2003), Shadow (2010), Rover (2011)

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2004, 6:30 AM

Post #21 of 31 (5961 views)
Shortcut

Yo Wildgunsr,

No apologies needed here, definitely not for me..! Cool

In fact I m glad to see there is more discussion abt GSD on board...! Wink

keep it up.....!! BTW...just out of curiosity, if U dun mind, maybe U can share wt us on board which the bloodline of ur GSD is out....?

Cheers...!! Wink

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2004, 6:58 AM

Post #22 of 31 (5960 views)
Shortcut

Hi PSD,

yo...Tok Guru....great post and explanation .... ! ! ! . . .he he Wink

Quote----------------------------------------------------
"All these paved ways for highly sport driven breeding policy. As such, prey drive is one drive needed as a compulsory drive in sports dog training is the main pointer for the direction of german dogs today"
-----------------------------------------------------------

So what's ur take on the over-breeding for prey drv....while neglecting to focus on the nerve issue - which I personally feel that should be the focal point of any breeding program ........ followed closely by working drv....! ! Unimpressed

Cheers....Cool

PSD
ALPHA

Mar 19, 2004, 7:09 AM

Post #23 of 31 (5957 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rasebastian] German Shepherd breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

rasebastian,

Hi, Welcome to the board. I'm sorry to hear about Bruno. Is your Avatar Bruno? He has a very nice face. I like the pigment. Can you try to post the full 3 generation or better still 4 generation pedigree here? We can always have a look at it and perhaps we can see where this dog goes back to.Smile

PSD

PSD
ALPHA

Mar 19, 2004, 7:20 AM

Post #24 of 31 (5955 views)
Shortcut

Polluxx,

Oh Prey is good. I loves prey alot. I think all dogs should have prey on top of all in order for fun training so the dog have great attitude. However, personally I believe that any overload of one thing while neglecting the other aspect will give u only a half as good a dog. Back to the basics, the dog should have prey, defense, fight, nerve strength and stable temprement without saying more. Many breeders was so obsessed with nerve n prey that they have forgotten to breed a bit of sharpness into the dog. Some were so concerned about wanting a super aggression dog that the end products lacks any prey at all. These are all half dogs they should be.

A good dog should have everything mental n structure in equal proportion. Then this is a great dog. Of course........playing god is never that easy though. That then have to depend on the element call luck of an informed breeding program.

BTW, dont mean to say all W. German dog is prey monster. There are good dogs there for sure n they also breed for super nerve as well to go with prey. Otherwise the dogs wont be able to last their way of training. IMHO

PSD

boon
Doggyman

Mar 19, 2004, 4:40 PM

Post #25 of 31 (5947 views)
Shortcut

Hallo Ah Poll,

too much prey or prey monster will end up the 'lock in prey' product loh...must think of a way to swtich to a fight/defend for higher level of sport........may be some civil agitation work may help to stimulate the 'hidden' drive if there is any.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my