My dog died of renal failure

worm
Novice

Jan 7, 2004, 3:45 AM

Post #1 of 3 (461 views)
Shortcut
My dog died of renal failure Can't Post

Hi
I can't believe it, my darling Spike, a 1.5 year old dalmation i adopted recently fell sick with flu like symptom, refused to eat, had a muscle pain on his left leg, vomitted what ever food i manage to get through and finally a renal failure, vomitted blood and passed. All in 2 weeks. what happened?! my vet only said it was an infection, something he ate. i read the post of lepto, it sounded so familiar and i wasn't feeling very well with runny nose and a very sore throat. has anyone experienced this? My friend's dog had to be put down this afternoon too and his symptoms is very similar.

I was so broken hearted, it happened during chirstmas . But i want to know more, i have 3 other dogs...2 yorkies and one chihuahua/papilion mix. they live in my mom's house now because i was afraid it could be contagious. can I bring them home now? And what is made worse...my hamster died too! something is wrong....can anyone help? does anyone have a clue?
~ worm

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 8, 2004, 2:37 AM

Post #2 of 3 (443 views)
Shortcut
Re: [worm] My dog died of renal failure [In reply to] Can't Post

condolences on spike.

but no worries, am sure he is in doggie's heaven. you'll meet him eventually.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jan 31, 2004, 9:49 PM

Post #3 of 3 (400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [worm] My dog died of renal failure [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi !

I'm sorry to hear abt ur dal. I'm dunno anything abt lepto but i wud suggest that you go thru the internet and do some research of before bringing ur dog back to your place as it seems that it could be some virus that you need to clean up ur place 1st ler.

cheers,
minglmy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my