Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
don`t bark

sara
Dog Kichi

Jan 6, 2004, 8:51 PM

Post #1 of 17 (2003 views)
Shortcut
don`t bark Can't Post

hi, can any one help me ? my rott don`t bark at any stranger. it only bark went it is hungry. pls help me.

paulynn
ALPHA

Jan 7, 2004, 12:19 AM

Post #2 of 17 (1997 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sara] don`t bark [In reply to] Can't Post

hi sara,

how old is your dog?

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 7, 2004, 11:50 PM

Post #3 of 17 (1986 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

Puppies will bark when they are hungry ... or when they want your attention ... or when they want to play etc ...

No worries and no need to rush your little 'un into chasing stangers at this time in its life ... Right now, its time for play ...

As your pup grows up ... and matures ... it will quite naturally, learn to distinguish family members from strangers ...

Cheers Smile

sara
Dog Kichi

Jan 8, 2004, 2:02 AM

Post #4 of 17 (1981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn] don`t bark [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, it is only 8 months old. any idea? pls reply me. thank you.

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 8, 2004, 3:24 AM

Post #5 of 17 (1979 views)
Shortcut

agree with surchinmy .

no need to rush your pup. the pup will grow and mature accordingly. some pups are just a little more quiet than others.

some will only bark as necessary. sometimes food, sometimes for pee poo times. strangers and family will take some time as the pup would need to familiarise with the surroundings and the folks around as well.

better to have a quiet pup than one than barks the walls down and those that bark for no reason.

paulynn
ALPHA

Jan 8, 2004, 6:40 AM

Post #6 of 17 (1978 views)
Shortcut

hi,

surchinmy and a_evie has already help you solve your problem.It's quite true.Puppies only bark when they are LOA or hungry and all.IT takes time.My two other dogs too did bark at all but now...barking like no one's business!

Let your pup grow slowly and enjoy his puppyhood before he changes into a fierce little thing lol

A Friend
Dog Kichi

Jan 8, 2004, 9:47 AM

Post #7 of 17 (1976 views)
Shortcut

Hmm...talking about barking...my 6-month old Charis is so quiet that she hardly barks at all, whether she is hungry or disturb by a noise from somewhere else. She is really so quiet that I hear her "whispering woofs" only at most once or twice a day, and they are really soft. She's so gentle. It doesn't bother me, as long as I see that she's happy. Cool

--------------------
SHERMAN YL KUEK
Father to Charis & Chayim

paulynn
ALPHA

Jan 8, 2004, 5:03 PM

Post #8 of 17 (1974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [A Friend] don`t bark [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi a friend :)

What a nice name your dog has!Where did u came up with this name?I prefer gentle dogs than uncontrollable dogs.My other dog Josie is a tad mad.whenever i feed them (nash and her) by hand nash is sooo gentle n she practically wanted to eat my fingers as well!

A Friend
Dog Kichi

Jan 8, 2004, 6:37 PM

Post #9 of 17 (1971 views)
Shortcut

Hi Paulynn! "Charis" is a Greek word for "grace". When I first saw her, I realised how gentle and graceful she was, and so decided that she should be called "grace". But I know of too many people who are called Grace already, and some of them might not like the idea that my doggie is called after their names! Sly So I decided to call her "Charis".

--------------------
SHERMAN YL KUEK

paulynn
ALPHA

Jan 9, 2004, 3:31 AM

Post #10 of 17 (1958 views)
Shortcut

Hi,Whats your name?

Well, it seems like both of us have something in common.I for one don't like giving commonly-given names to my dogs/dogs @ SPCA.I was thinking about mythology names for some dogs at spca such as Hercules,merlin,jason,zeus but my parents say that some people who will adopt those dogs that are given that name will call it wrongly so i have to think of slightly easier-to-pronounce mythic names :)

Btw can u help me with my problem?My younger dog josie loves to BITE!!!!!!! she bites almost aout everything:mom's ikea garden deco,dad's rm2k wooden fence(bought that to prevent her from bitting things and this is what happens!) slippers, almost about everything!

HELPPPPPP

are u going for k9 day? see u there!

A Friend
Dog Kichi

Jan 9, 2004, 3:47 AM

Post #11 of 17 (1956 views)
Shortcut

Ahaha, Charis is not a very mythological name, actually. It's just a common Greek word that means "grace". It just so happens that I know a little of the Greek language, so I thought it would be nice to have a unique name which is meaningful for both the doggie and me.

At a certain age, little puppies love to bite because they are teething. They will bite almost anything and everything, unless they are given sufficient toys to bite and chewy biscuits to chew on. For Charis, I usually try to buy as many toys as possible to help her have enough things to bite, so I have not yet had a problem of her biting wires and slippers. Try that and see how it goes...

--------------------
SHERMAN YL KUEK

paulynn
ALPHA

Jan 9, 2004, 3:58 AM

Post #12 of 17 (1955 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Where'd u learn greek language from? that's very cool isn't it?My piano teacher knows a little thing or two on greek language too from her church.

Already got advise from a good good friend on josie's condition but thanks for ur help.

A Friend
Dog Kichi

Jan 9, 2004, 4:42 AM

Post #13 of 17 (1953 views)
Shortcut

This seems to be a bit out of the topic liao; but anyway, here goes...I know some Greek because I am a preacher in the church. In order to preach, I have had to learn how to read the New Testament (bible) in the original text, which is in Greek. So that's how I had to study Greek when I was trained to be a preacher. Smile

--------------------
SHERMAN YL KUEK

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jan 9, 2004, 5:14 AM

Post #14 of 17 (1950 views)
Shortcut

Hi,Smile

Well,looks like surchinmy and pau-lynn have given great advise.

Like they said,don't worry.

When it's time,he'll let you know.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 9, 2004, 5:58 AM

Post #15 of 17 (1948 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] don`t bark [In reply to] Can't Post

***LOL* ... Excacto mondo ... and boy!!! ... do they let you know ... when they learn how to bark ... Shocked

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jan 9, 2004, 8:22 AM

Post #16 of 17 (1944 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy,sara] don`t bark [In reply to] Can't Post

lol Laugh

you see..by that time you'd wish he'd be quiter.Tongue
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

paulynn
ALPHA

Jan 9, 2004, 9:58 AM

Post #17 of 17 (1942 views)
Shortcut

hehe so now i know :)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my