Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Show and Championship:
Baiting at dog shows

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 12, 2002, 5:54 AM

Post #1 of 11 (1962 views)
Shortcut
Baiting at dog shows Can't Post

Is "baiting" your dog with food allowed in the dog shows here in Msia? sorry, am first timer Smile thanks!

arthur
ALPHA

Nov 12, 2002, 6:08 AM

Post #2 of 11 (1961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Baiting at dog shows [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there!

Yes, baiting is allowed in the shows. Just remember to put Luckey on your LEFT side so that the judge can have an unobstructed view of her! You may want to practise puting Luckey thru her gait using your show leash. Try to find the Luckey natural pace/stride to that shows off her best gait. Would you be handling Luckey this Sunday?

Rdgs Arthur

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 12, 2002, 4:49 PM

Post #3 of 11 (1950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Baiting at dog shows [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah i'll be doing the handling... first time for me too! Luckey's ok with whatever lead if she's a little tired, also if she's a little unsure of her surroundings, but at home she likes to chew on her leads Unsure

does the judge just need a good trot? or he asks for other paces as well?

arthur
ALPHA

Nov 12, 2002, 6:04 PM

Post #4 of 11 (1946 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

When you are in the show ring, pay attention and listen to what the ring steward / judge asks you to do. What order to come in, where to stand, when to move, etc.. Observe what others in front of you is doing, how the judge wants the dog to move, sometimes he asks you to move around the perimeter of the ring, sometimes a triangle path ie. move away directly, turn 90degs and come back diagionally back to him. This way he can observe the rear view, side view and front view of the dog movements (gaiting) What pace is up to you to set. Practise now to determine what pace is best to show off Luckey's gaiting movement to the maximum advantage!

Rdgs Arthur

margaret

Nov 12, 2002, 9:04 PM

Post #5 of 11 (1939 views)
Shortcut

Hi there.

I see you are showing your Luckey for the first time on Sunday and want to wish you both all the best for your first show. I remember how excited I was the first time I showed my very first pug nearly 7 years ago. He is now a grand champion and here in Australia you have to have 1000 challenge points to earn that title and you can win a max of 25 points per show. I still show regularly and still enjoy it as much now as when I first started. I have made many lovely friends over the years and am an avid follower of your forum. Enjoy your day Sunday and I look forward to seeming some results posted. Kindest regards to all Margaret Australia

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 12, 2002, 9:49 PM

Post #6 of 11 (1934 views)
Shortcut

Best of luck with Luckey! I'll be cheering for her from home, lol.

-= Tisha =-

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 13, 2002, 4:59 AM

Post #7 of 11 (1925 views)
Shortcut

hmmm... ok, must make sure there are enough pups in front of us so i can watch closely at what's going on!

Don't know what Luckey's best gait is, don't know if i would be able to even tell! i think ALL her gaits are so cute! but will try her in front of a mirror and see what looks most elegant...

how many pups are usually in the minor puppy class?

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 13, 2002, 5:03 AM

Post #8 of 11 (1924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [margaret] Baiting at dog shows [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow you must be so proud of your pug and yourself! Grand champion, in a place like Australia too!

We'd be happy with any kind of award - though very unlikely until we both get a bit more (maybe a lot more!) ring experience.

Well we'll take some pictures, so even if Luckey and i don't get anything, we'll have some good memories and something to show for it!

arthur
ALPHA

Nov 13, 2002, 8:24 AM

Post #9 of 11 (1922 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

You asked.."how many pups are usually in the minor puppy class?" It varies with every show. So far I've seen it varies from a low of 5 to to a high of 20 minor puppy entries! Look at your exhibitor pass number. If you are not #1, then chances are you will not be the first.

Rdgs Arthur

boon
Doggyman

Nov 13, 2002, 12:51 PM

Post #10 of 11 (1918 views)
Shortcut

Hi Luckey, Arthur, Khoo and other

Good luck to those who show your dogs/pups this coming sunday.

Good luck to all of you.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 14, 2002, 12:50 AM

Post #11 of 11 (1909 views)
Shortcut

I think I'm either #26 or #126...

so that means there are atleast 26 dogs in Luckey's class?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my