Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Show and Championship:
Dog Cages for dog show

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 12, 2002, 12:40 AM

Post #1 of 10 (2125 views)
Shortcut
Dog Cages for dog show Can't Post

Just found out it is compulsory for us to bring along dog cages for our dogs at the shows... but what is the best kind? wanted to get opinions from experienced dog showers...

You think I should get one of those plastic carry-case ones, or is it better to get a stainless steel one where the dog can see out all the way round?

thanks for you help!

arthur
ALPHA

Nov 12, 2002, 6:14 AM

Post #2 of 10 (2115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Dog Cages for dog show [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there!
It is highly recommended to bring along a cage. What type is up to you. I have seen both the plastic and wire mesh types. If Luckey is entering for minor puppy, then she'll be the judged right at the start of the show. Maybe for a 1st timer, a plastic crate may be help to make Luckey more secure and comfortable from all the strange surroundings and doggies.
Rdgs Arthur

Khoobg
Webmaster

Nov 12, 2002, 6:46 AM

Post #3 of 10 (2113 views)
Shortcut

I use Pet Carrier such as Vari Kennel or Pet Voyager to house my Pugs during the show period. In this way, they can rest and relax while waiting for their turn.

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 12, 2002, 4:51 PM

Post #4 of 10 (2106 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Dog Cages for dog show [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks arthur! Think I'll go for that then... but better to get one big enough for her to use as an adult?

Thanks Khoo, i will look out for your brands when i'm crate shopping today for luckey...

arthur
ALPHA

Nov 12, 2002, 5:54 PM

Post #5 of 10 (2103 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

Yes, buy a crate that is just big enough for an adult ECS to lie down, standup, turnaround and lie down comfortably. You might want to add a bottle with a water spout that Luckey can lick to drink. This way it keeps her muzzle and mouth area relatively dry. Easier to clean/dry up for judging later on.

Rdgs Arthur

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 12, 2002, 10:15 PM

Post #6 of 10 (2097 views)
Shortcut

Just bought a platic crate for Luckey that's pretty huge, it JUST fits int he backseat of our car. But got a pir of wheels as well so my poor hubby doesnt need to carry it all that way! bTW for the show, how best to find a good spot to put down our crate? Is there only one ring usually, or differnt rings for the diff classes?

Best to find a spot that's shady but also near our ring? thanks for all your help!

stanley

Nov 13, 2002, 7:53 PM

Post #7 of 10 (2083 views)
Shortcut

What is the best for ECS?.....there are so many sizes...different people recommend different size?

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 15, 2002, 5:49 AM

Post #8 of 10 (2069 views)
Shortcut

Hiya, I bought my plastic water dispenser thing that fits onto the crate, but it seems to let out a lot of water when you kinda push on the button (which is pretty loose).

We bought thecheaper type of water dispenser which cost RM7 ... you think that's why it "leaks"? Or is that how water dispensers work?

The other one cost RM 40 over... so we thought we'd try the cheap one first since we'd only use at dog shows... what u think??

arthur
ALPHA

Nov 15, 2002, 8:09 PM

Post #9 of 10 (2062 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

These two things are required for a water dispenser to work...

1. When it is placed upright by itself, the ball should seat properly and no signs of water leaks observed.

2. When the dog licks the ball, the ball should be easily pushed up to release the water out for the dog to lap it up.

Rdgs Arthur

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 16, 2002, 2:20 AM

Post #10 of 10 (2048 views)
Shortcut

thanks! think i will try the one we bought and then see how. Luckey hasnt learnt how to use it yet though...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my